PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa Sanchez Lorenzo?

BreakPoint
02-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I saw in the local paper this week that a "Arantxa Sanchez Lorenzo" is playing in the WTA tournament in Thailand this week. Who is this? I've never heard of her. Could this possibly be Arantxa Sanchez Vicario with a remarried last name? If so, was she so encouraged by Martina Hingis' comeback success that she decided to make a comeback, too? :confused:

Max G.
02-09-2006, 12:57 PM
No, nothing in common, as far as I know. I've seen the name before, I think.

...wait, nevermind - I was thinking of Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

...wait, looking at the tournament draw for the Thailand tournament this week, it's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo that's entered, no Arantxa's in the draw.

BreakPoint
02-09-2006, 02:20 PM
...wait, nevermind - I was thinking of Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

...wait, looking at the tournament draw for the Thailand tournament this week, it's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo that's entered, no Arantxa's in the draw.

Yeah, I just saw in today's paper that "Maria Sanchez Lorenzo" lost in the next round. I think it was probably a misprint of some kind in the paper the other day. Someone somewhere between the tournament and the reporting of the results to the paper must have used "Arantxa" instead of "Maria" for some strange reason. That must be it as I could not find a "Arantxa Sanchez Lorenzo" on the WTA website.