PDA

View Full Version : How come there is no Pro Player using Pro Kennex ???

btexas
02-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Are Kennex racquets not good at all ?

Morpheus
02-29-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Player endorsement is a marketing strategy. PK doesn't have much money and they cannot afford to pay out the $ to have pros use their paint jobs.

PK makes great rackets, though, so give them a look.

Bhagi Katbamna
02-29-2004, 08:15 AM
There was a time when Pro Kennex manufactured most graphite rackets for other companies. They make good rackets.

Progressive10s
02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Wasn't Pro Kennex just bought out by another company? I plan on demoing four of the racquets in the PK line. Loved the feel of the 5G last year, but the PSE line and the Core 1 Number 6 seem like racquets designed with players in mind. Racquet endorsements and popularity is all about the money.

stainless steel rat
02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
They probably do make a lot of the racquets, wilson or prince probably just pay them to paint them for market.

Tennisute
03-01-2004, 04:02 PM
If you liked the 5G, the 7G is awesome! I demoed it, and whomped on my partners. Technifibre NRG 2 16 is a winner, very durable, easy on the arm and hits hard.

moonshine
03-02-2004, 06:25 PM
I seem to remember PK having some trouble with the tours accepting the Kinetic racquet line as legal equipment. This was probably resolved soon after, but I never heard any solution. It had something to do with the material that allowed the shifting mass (pardon my ignorance loyal PK users) in the original Kinetic line

marc
03-09-2004, 08:42 PM
there are a bunch of guys using ProKennex who are coming up right now in the challengers and futures. most of they are using PK racquets and wearing PK clothes. it is good that PK is getting behind these up and coming Americans.
ProKennex used to manufacture a lot of racquets for other companies in their Asian plant. I do not know if they still do so but I am sure they still do. Like the Babolat Pure Drive, its awful similar to that grey/silver racquet PK had a couple years ago, i think it was the Type C or Type S or something like that...

thomas martinez
03-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Doubt you've heard of her, but Selima Sfar of Tunis is playing with one of the Core #2x frame. It's the red twenty something, strung with Luxilon. Tauziat's protegee. Beautiful game and quite a nice person too.

Ronaldo
03-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Read that the Pure Drive was originally a PK racquet/mold bought by Babolat.

BreakPoint
03-10-2004, 02:26 PM

If that's really true, I'm sure PK execs feel like putting a gun to their heads for selling the goose that lays the golden eggs. :roll:

chad shaver
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I had one of the PK's that later became the PD. It was called the Ceramic Destiny 265 (or something to that effect). Pretty nice racquet, actually.

deflori
03-11-2004, 08:46 AM
lol,i played a Kennex Destiny too.......but i dont know if that is true with babo: )(

python
03-11-2004, 11:49 AM

If that's really true, I'm sure PK execs feel like putting a gun to their heads for selling the goose that lays the golden eggs. :roll:

Not really. The Pure Drive wouldn't be the Pure Drive without Babolat's distribution channels and marketing expertise. The annals of tennis is littered with hundreds of fine frames that just never caught on for whatever reason. Just look at the Pro Stock line from Spalding. You'd think with all the players racquets enthusiasts on this site that Spalding would have found a buyer or two for them. Not so.

vishente
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Eric Nunez plays with Pro Kennex

Dunlopkid
12-03-2006, 11:52 AM
there are a bunch of guys using ProKennex who are coming up right now in the challengers and futures. most of they are using PK racquets and wearing PK clothes. it is good that PK is getting behind these up and coming Americans.

Can you name any of these players?

Bogie
12-03-2006, 02:11 PM
well the highest ranked player using pk would be andreas seppi of course. besides that, there's daniel yoo, pablo pires de almeida, ryan redondo(sd native who the type c redondo was named after)

Richie Rich
12-03-2006, 06:17 PM
well the highest ranked player using pk would be andreas seppi of course

was just going to mention him until i saw your post. think he plays with the type c (not redondo)

Bogie
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
was just going to mention him until i saw your post. think he plays with the type c (not redondo)

he plays with a 28 inch heritage type c

johnkidd
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
IIRC PK made rackets for Prince & Wimbledon back in the 80's

I also agree that even if PK did have the Pure Drive mold there is no sign they would have had the same success. They didn't have Roddick, Moya, & Clisters using the frame.

DADYO
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Nope, sorry guys, Seppi plays with a Prestige with a type c paintjob ;)

Hewittfan22
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
daniel yoo??

Dunlopkid
12-05-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah, we got him in the other thread.

equinox
07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
ProKennex used to manufacture a lot of racquets for other companies in their Asian plant. I do not know if they still do so but I am sure they still do. Like the Babolat Pure Drive, its awful similar to that grey/silver racquet PK had a couple years ago, i think it was the Type C or Type S or something like that...

Shame they jump ship once they start playing slam qualies and attend rival equipment mfg's free take away all you can hold sessions.

NickC
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Shame they jump ship once they start playing slam qualies and attend rival equipment mfg's free take away all you can hold sessions.

Are you trying to set the record for "most threads over 2 years old revived in one day"? Jesus christ you've revived more than a few of them today, including one that was over 5 years old. What gives, dude?

CrackerJack
07-18-2009, 08:15 PM
At one stage I recall Pro Kennex claiming to be the largest manufacturer of tennis racquets in the world.
They just weren't into marketing..