PDA

View Full Version : about paintjob

I love Kyoto!
06-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Though I have never seen pros' racquet directly, I also think ,as many people say, some pros' racquets are painted on another racquet. For example Ferrero's racquet.Did he really use EXPERIMENTAL racquet and NXG!? NO! I think he didn't use it!
What I want to say is that I think we are deceived and fooled by racquet companies which paint pros' racquet. That is why I think very uncomfortable. I wonder these companies think they can have us think that one pro uses one racquet though he uses another racquet. Then some ordinary people buy the racquet without knowing such truth.
I want to stop racquet companies painting pros' racquet.

tennisnoob
06-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Sure it is a pure marketing ploy by racket companies to get people to buy their so called "endorsed pro rackets". Though I think if we are really tennis enthusiasts, we should all do our homework first before we purchase our rackets or look for the 1st opportunity to demo or borrow the respective racket to try it out before we buy, ain't that right?

I love Kyoto!
06-12-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm afraid that what you understand is a little different from that of mine. What I say is that such companies are deceiver. Because one which don't know paintjob and fan of Ferrero may buy NXG. I think there are many people which don't know paintjob.
I think the way of advertising by prince is very awful. Their conducts should be shameful. Last year, I sent an e-mail to prince about their paintjob, however they didn't reply to my e-mail. At that time, I thought I failed to send a mail, so I send it again. Then prince refused to receiving my mail! I lost reliance on prince. They should release about paintjob.
It is difficult to solve this problem by myself.

david aames
06-12-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm afraid that what you don't understand is that it has been debated numerous times in the past right here Sherlock.

Do a search on paintjob and you will realize that everyone is very well aware of the forces at work here.

swedishstar
06-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Though I have never seen pros' racquet directly, I also think ,as many people say, some pros' racquets are painted on another racquet. For example Ferrero's racquet.Did he really use EXPERIMENTAL racquet and NXG!? NO! I think he didn't use it!
What I want to say is that I think we are deceived and fooled by racquet companies which paint pros' racquet. That is why I think very uncomfortable. I wonder these companies think they can have us think that one pro uses one racquet though he uses another racquet. Then some ordinary people buy the racquet without knowing such truth.
I want to stop racquet companies painting pros' racquet.

It's exactly that. A marketing ploy...and there is nothing wrong with that. Were else would corporations turn. If you're such an avid tennis player you SHOULD know before you buy.

Everyone on this board knows about this method of advertisement. Most of the people on this board buy according to what they need/like, and not what the pros use.

Datacipher
06-15-2004, 12:40 AM
It's exactly that. A marketing ploy...and there is nothing wrong with that. Were else would corporations turn. If you're such an avid tennis player you SHOULD know before you buy.

Everyone on this board knows about this method of advertisement. Most of the people on this board buy according to what they need/like, and not what the pros use.

True, but also I think the MAJORITY of tennis players out there don't know this....there isn't really a way for them to know unless they go to the trouble of finding and staring at close ups pictures of pros....or they happen to go to a board like this and read it.

Of course this is what the companies are counting on...and I run into countless tennis players(some quite advanced...playing for 20 years or 5.0 etc) who will say things like "oh, player X has switched to the new such and such" or "Oh, I'm using Agassi's new racquet"

tennisnoob
06-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Datacipher wrote:

True, but also I think the MAJORITY of tennis players out there don't know this....there isn't really a way for them to know unless they go to the trouble of finding and staring at close ups pictures of pros....or they happen to go to a board like this and read it.

Of course this is what the companies are counting on...and I run into countless tennis players(some quite advanced...playing for 20 years or 5.0 etc) who will say things like "oh, player X has switched to the new such and such" or "Oh, I'm using Agassi's new racquet"

Well, the racket companies do need to market and sell their products, don't they? You can't expect them to sell for example the Tour 90 and then advertise saying: P.S. Roger Federer is using a customised racket that resembles the Tour 90., that's negative marketing strategy which I dun think any company will ever use to market a product. Ask any racket company and they will tell you their endorsed players are using the exact stock racket which is available at any dealers. If you call that deceiving, well....there are far worse marketing strategies and tactics used by other companies to promote other products. The only thing we tennis players can do is to share our knowledge with more players out there so they won't fall for such deception. [/b]

ProStaffTour90
06-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Yes, but all companies have to do is imply that a player uses a racquet, without actually saying it, so they can't be done for false advertising, e.g. Roger Federer's racquet of choice! doesn't actually concede that Federer uses that racquet, therfore covering their tracks!

But if Companies do actually say they are using it when they are not then that is pretty out of order!!!

tennisnoob
06-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Yes, but all companies have to do is imply that a player uses a racquet, without actually saying it, so they can't be done for false advertising, e.g. Roger Federer's racquet of choice! doesn't actually concede that Federer uses that racquet, therfore covering their tracks!

But if Companies do actually say they are using it when they are not then that is pretty out of order!!!

Go tell that to Fedex and see what he says.....

redpurusha
06-24-2004, 08:50 AM
I have to admit it... Andy Roddick got me into playing tennis. I saw a match of his and found tennis exciting, cool and fun. I then proceded to buy the babolat pure drive. Unfortunately, this racket feels way too hallow and unstable for me (marketed as tweener and with a 100inch headsize made sense). Anyway, now using ProStaff 95. Sold the babolat on ****, lost only $30.

The paintjob thing... its part of the tennis racquet racket.

a verrry large duck
06-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah the pure drive is nearly risk free investment, always someone willing to pick it up for some big $$. And I think Roddick actually does play with a stock Pure Drive, and customizes it with lead tape as you can see clearly in pictures. In this way, it is exactly discernible as we have always been able to do with pete sampras's stick. This I have no problem with. Buy a pro staff 85 and that's a sampras stick, heck even TW tells you that pete plays with specific sticks made on an island that's stiffer and theyre no longer made, look closely and you can see where he's got the lead tape. That's all I need, the facts available that I can actually find and let me make an informed decision as every customer deserves. Bait & Switch tactics are bad business practice everywhere and anytime, see it for what it is and try not to defend something that's indefensible. If your fellow board members bait and switched you on TW classifieds you'd be rightly concerned, if some ****er bait and switched you, you'd be rightfully concerned. I know a lot of people want to be "unofficial racquet company spokespersons or lawyers" but its really NOT necessary unless you're trying to play devil's advocate or something.

I love Kyoto!
06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
[quote="tennisnoob"]Datacipher wrote:

If you call that deceiving, well....there are far worse marketing strategies and tactics used by other companies to promote other products.

You are wrong. If you say so, you can rely on a company which paint pros' racquets and say that "We paint pros' racquets but there is no problem because there are some other companies which paint pros' racquet like our company" can't you?
I wonder why prince didn' reply to my mail about paintjob? This make me think they try to deceive consumers!