PDA

View Full Version : Roddick's lack of improvement getting old!

BjornBorg
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM
The guy has lost too many matches he should have won in the last couple of years. Not sure if he wil ever win another slam, let alone stay as a top five player very consistently.

Unlike the great, great champions, Roddick seems unable to win matches when things go badly--at least the big matches.

Now, four coaches in three years or whatever.

This guy needs more touch and creativity in his game. He needs to be able to go to other strategies when things aren't going his way. While he played well against Bhagdatis, he wasn't able to expose the guy's weaknesses very well at all.

I still think the Pure Drive is not the perfect racket for Roddick. I think he could still have a brilliant serve and forehand with other sticks. Pete Sampras was able to do incredible things on his serve with a thin-beamed 85 sq. inch frame. Roddick is limited with being able to increase his finesse ability and touch shots with that racket--unless he has brilliant hands--which he doesn't. So, maybe he needs to consider the Pure Control if he wants to stay with Babolat or even the Pure Storm. The Pure Drive is not very good for certain shots and does not provide the pinpoint control Roddick often lacks. Just my thoughts.

I know it goes beyond just changing rackets. But, that is a good place to start. Then, sticking with the same coach for a while and also, maybe working with a Sports Psychologist. Ever since I saw Roddick feebly go down to Nadal at the 2004 Davis Cup final, I've thought he lacks something--both mentally and with his game.

Also, he has not closed the gap between he and Federer. In fact, the gap has widened. We know Roddick got in great shape, worked on his footwork and lost those extra 7-8 pounds. But, his game has NOT improved. Time to start some new things--including moving away for the Pure Drive. It is not a great racket for superb control, slice backhands, "touch" shots, lobs, soft volleys-etc. He does not need only the Pure Drive to serve great. In fact, his ability to paint the corners of the service box would improve with the Pure Control or perhaps another brand.

ACE of Hearts
02-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Well i always thought Fed could change his racquet but he is doing well with the one he has.:mrgreen: Also Roddick has more to worried about then just Fed.The guy has a big serve, but again its overrated.People are starting to really pick up his serve.He is proned to alot of mistakes.My problem with Fed's racquet is that it doesnt have enough power on it but like i said, he can play with any racquet!

jlui21
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
This is how I see it. Roddick has a great serve and is a great baseliner, but thats it. I understand that his game is built around those two things, and he can win games that way. However, he cannot win the big tourneys (Grand Slams) or beat the top 5 players in the world if he continues to rely on it.

I believe that he needs to learn how to volley BETTER. His serve sets him up to finish the point in two or three shots. I say let him serve 150 mph, then attack the net because your opponent is generally on the defensive. Easier said than done, right? Every time he attacks the net, he gets burned so bad its depressing.

Miscellaneous - he's truly AMERICAN because a) he is cocky, and b) he's from TEjAS. Could he be any more American?

Fee
02-10-2006, 06:54 PM
If any of you are using today's match to bolster your arguments or frame your opinions, I beg you to watch the online video feed here:

http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/12161/?UserDef=true&catID=76

I have spoken to a few people who were at the match. They said he was playing just fine until the 3rd set when he began to get ill. He was on IV fluids for 2 hours after the match.

I'm sorry, but there are 50 states in this country, and one of them is not more 'American' than any of the others (and if one is, that one isn't Texas). Cockiness is a trait of cocky people, not an entire nation. Thanks.

devila
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
His serve's predictable/amateur and the racket strings and handle are badly designed.

The patriotic fool hates to work.
He won't accept that his game needs a lot of changes. Spending time with Pat McEnroe and friends won't bring the 'luck' that he keeps talking about.

The weight loss wasn't enough.
He's not strong and thin enough.
He believes playing with poor fitness and a dumb, stubborn attitude is noble. Fools play when they're weak and full of false modesty.

Each game point decides the opponent's momentum, but no one tells him. Pat McEnroe, Brad Gilbert and Dean Goldfine were too stupid or too scared to say anything.
He has no practice partner who actually rallies and runs with him.

He was unworried/care-free when the match came to a close and his health was fading. Every point is an opportunity for the opponent to get back and gain ground even when faced with match point vs. Roddick.

Roddick loves embarrassing himself 'cause he got to do whatever he wanted Failure taught him nothing because his loved ones worship everything he does.

Ken B.
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Roddick's not a Texan. Texans come through in the clutch. He just lives here in Austin.

troytennisbum
02-10-2006, 08:15 PM

Exactly,
Roddick doesn't have Mirka as a practice partner. That Federer has got all the advantages. The competiton doesn't stand a chance.

Freedom
02-10-2006, 09:14 PM
You're really blaming Roddick's racquet as the reason why he's sucking it up? It's simple: He's unfocused, he loses his head, and he doesn't trust himself. When he was an up-and-coming star, he was focused on winning. He didn't let petty details interfere with his gameplan, because he had the mindset of a champion. And he was full of confidence because everyone was praising his abilities. Now, it's all backwards. Everyone doubts him now, and his "mojo" ad campaign is a harsh reminder that he's going downhill.

DaveGrable
02-10-2006, 09:15 PM
This is how I see it. Roddick has a great serve and is a great baseliner, but thats it. I understand that his game is built around those two things, and he can win games that way. However, he cannot win the big tourneys (Grand Slams) or beat the top 5 players in the world if he continues to rely on it.

I believe that he needs to learn how to volley BETTER. His serve sets him up to finish the point in two or three shots. I say let him serve 150 mph, then attack the net because your opponent is generally on the defensive. Easier said than done, right? Every time he attacks the net, he gets burned so bad its depressing.

Miscellaneous - he's truly AMERICAN because a) he is cocky, and b) he's from TEjAS. Could he be any more American?

Hey idiot... Roddick is from Florida.

What country are you from? I'm sure there aren'nt ANY cocky people in your country. LOL

quest01
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I was surprised when roddick lost to pavel. I thought after the first 2 sets, the match was over, unfortunately that wasnt the case. Roddick has an excellent first and second serve. His forehand is good for the most part. His backhand and his return of serve especially on second serves are his weak point. He stands way to far back behind the baseline when his opponent is going for the second serve. It must be the babolat shoes that is giving roddick the problems.

edberg505
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey idiot... Roddick is from Florida.

What country are you from? I'm sure there aren'nt ANY cocky people in your country. LOL

Um, no he isn't.

Lee
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Jesus Christ. Can't we all just get along? Roddick was born in Nebraska, moved to Texas in his youth and developed his tennis game in Boca Raton.
How's that for an answer?

I am so sick of all of these Andy Roddick bashers on this board. Can you get a point from Muller, Baghdatis, or Pavel? I highly doubt it so SHUT UP!

BreakPoint
02-10-2006, 11:26 PM
My problem with Fed's racquet is that it doesnt have enough power on it but like i said, he can play with any racquet!

Hmmmm....both Federer and Sampras use very low powered racquets. Could that be the secret of their success? Is it possible, just possible, that power is not the be all and end all in tennis? Remember that power and control are inversely proportional. That being said, I'd much rather have Federer's control than Roddick's power. :D

big ted
02-10-2006, 11:37 PM
i think roddicks game is worse then it used to be , his serve and forehand used to be bigger weapons. hes so concerned with developing his volley and backhand, he forgot what got him there. his service speed isnt even talked about in matches anymore and hes not outacing his opponents. also i think he needs to hit as many forehands as possible instead of hitting backhands trying to prove to his opponents that its not a weakness.. just my opinion

devila
02-11-2006, 12:55 AM
In October 2003, Brad Gilbert told him to serve faster and wait to crush forehands from 4 feet behind the baseline. Roddick played worse because serving 145 mph was worthless with that uncontrollable racket.
He unnecessarily gained weight and forgot how to play tennis.

He moonballed instead of moving forward to hit angle/dropshot.
Coaches never worked on taking the ball early with him.
Roddick's techniques fell apart when he doubted himself, and predicted that Federer played well with less work ahd energy needed.

The mindless ball bashing did nothing, so why would it help now?

He won just 4 titles in 2004.

The last 2 years, he stopped trying while he was injured.
He gave up match points and didn't care to fight.

Strangely, he cried as soon as he collapsed physically in Davis Cup.
He got it backwards. He won't win Davis Cup, but he'll win ATP events.
(He lost energy, being patriotic yesterday and mentally went downhill when he got sick).

VamosRafa
02-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I was there, I saw it, and it was true, Andy was very sick from late into the third set and thereafter. If he could have closed it out in three it would have been great, but after that, Pavel just needed to keep the ball in play, because Andy couldn't do much with it.

Credit to Andy for sticking with the match, and trying his best. And he did make a comeback run in the fifth. It wasn't enough, but it was a gutsy performance, and even though he didn't win the match, he certainly gave us all something to admire and cheer about.

Thanks, Andy!

Roforot
02-11-2006, 01:23 AM
I would not use the PD or PD+ b/c of its stiffness and b/c I do not have the talent to hit out and keep the ball in play; however I cannot blame Roddick's "lack of finesse" on the frame; Clijisters (sp), Moya, Lubijic seem to be able to hit volleys and use control.

Shiro
02-11-2006, 01:28 AM
His serve's predictable/amateur and the racket strings and handle are badly designed.

The patriotic fool hates to work.
He won't accept that his game needs a lot of changes. Spending time with Pat McEnroe and friends won't bring the 'luck' that he keeps talking about.

The weight loss wasn't enough.
He's not strong and thin enough.
He believes playing with poor fitness and a dumb, stubborn attitude is noble. Fools play when they're weak and full of false modesty.

Each game point decides the opponent's momentum, but no one tells him. Pat McEnroe, Brad Gilbert and Dean Goldfine were too stupid or too scared to say anything.

He was unworried/care-free when the match came to a close and his health was fading. Every point is an opportunity for the opponent to get back and gain ground even when faced with match point vs. Roddick.

Roddick loves embarrassing himself 'cause he got to do whatever he wanted Failure taught him nothing because his loved ones worship everything he does.

Where do you get all your nonsense from??

omniexist
02-11-2006, 02:59 AM
These threads criticizing Roddick are getting old.

pound cat
02-11-2006, 04:07 AM
"This guy needs more touch and creativity in his game."

By nature I don't think Andy is a creative kind of guy.

He was born in Nebraska which has nothing ot do with the above sentence.

Rabbit
02-11-2006, 05:32 AM
Well, we've seen some points made. Now maybe it's time for some counterpoints.

Roddick's sickness was brought on more by nerves than conditioning according to what the team doctor said. Even then, Roddick hung in there and fought his way back in the 5th. I think it's more than a little disingenuous to laud Sampras getting sick on court and then turn around and crticize Roddick for doing same. The guy didn't quit. He didn't pull a Henin. He fought back and could've sent the match to extra games. He could've won. He did himself, his team, and his country well. Roddick is the first in line when Davis Cup rolls are called. He's asked and begged to play Davis Cup from the get go. A little too critical? I think so.

Roddick's racket no control? Tell the other 1000 or so pros who use the same frame. Funny, the same thing was said about Jimmy Connors and his stick of choice the T2000. He did fairly well with it even if nobody else did. I find it funny that we feel like we can recommend to Roddick what he should play with and we don't even know what we play best with! Roddick has had the best customization help in the world working with him to tweak his frame to precisely his liking, and it's all wrong? He should play with what Sampras used? Well gee, maybe everybody should play with what Sampras used. But then again, Sampras even second guessed his equipment. Maybe Agassi would have won 14 Grand Slams if he had played with the ProStaff, but then again, maybe Agassi wouldn't have won all 4 Grand Slams.

American bashing? Please. Surely you can do better than that. If you're so anti-American, then petition your country to give the money back. If you live in a country other than the U.S. then you're most probably recieving some type of aid from us. Give it back. Be independent. Be better than us, just do it with your own resources. Maybe Woodrow Wilson had it right, maybe Isolationism is the best policy.

Roddick's game. There is no disputing that Roddick has a crisis of confidence right now. It's been that way for a year. IMO, he started down the slippery slope when he 86'd Gilbert. He's tried serve and volley, he's tried to out-Federer Federer. He needs to beg Gilbert's forgiveness and get him back on the payroll. That said, Roddick is no different than any other pro, i.e Hewitt (who's slumping), Nalbandian (who slumped), Coria (who may never recover), Ferrero (who was once touted as the King Of Clay and successor to Guga), Moya (who rose to #1 only to free fall shortly there after), and Agassi (whose slumps are legendary). Even Sampras had a slump! Guys and gals, one day, and I know you'll find this impossible to believe, but one day King Federer will slump. Yes, it will happen. Please, give it a rest. Yeah, Roddick's in a slump, he's slumping so badly that he's #3 in the world. We should all slump so badly.

Roddick rose another few notches yesterday in my book. He had terrible luck. Don't forget that while he lost the match, he held match point. That match point consisted of his opponent basically tossing in the towel with a drop shot and then lucking a topspin lob. Yeah, Pavel was out of answers and admitted as much in the post match interview. Pavel said he just hung in there and luckily, for him, Roddick got sick.

federerforever
02-11-2006, 05:50 AM
I think Roddick has serious fitness issues. I don't care what he says in the post interview. He needs to play as much tournaments as possible just like Ljubicic is doing right now. Only then will he stop making all those unforced errors and will be able to hit aces and winners in his sleep. This probably was some kind of punishment for firing his latest coach. Andy needs to finally grow up and blame all his losses on his own poor work ethic and no one else.

simi
02-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Well, we've seen some points made. Now maybe it's time for some counterpoints.....

I know that we can always count on you for a well-balanced, unbiased, honest answer and opinion. Very well said, what you wrote. Thank you.

simi
02-11-2006, 06:15 AM
.....watch the online video feed here:
http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/12161/?UserDef=true&catID=76

Thanks for the link. Now, I'll be able to watch the twins. Let's see if my streaming video recorder still works?

theace21
02-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Maybe he doesn't have the desire to be number 1 and win several grand slams. Maybe he just likes to travel all over the world and have thousands of fans adore him - having hot women throw themselves at you all day...Much better job than I have...Maybe he has so much money he doesn't know what to do with it already...Maybe he knows he can't beat Federer - and unless he suddenly retires the grand slams titles are not going to be his...

Seems to me he is having a pretty good life so far - as fans we want him to do better , but realistically he might be satisified.

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 08:03 AM
The guy is in a slump, which I firmly believe he will pull out of.

ACE of Hearts
02-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Roddick is indeed in a slump but lets not kid ourselves, i wouldnt be surprise if he goes down 2 to 3 spots in the rankings.Other players are getting good.

West Coast Ace
02-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Am I the only one who's going to say to be considered a baseliner: a) you have to stand somewhere near the baseline; b) have a backhand?

As scary as I find it I do agree with one of devila's points: I now believe that what Team Roddick considers 'good shape' isn't good enough for the ATP tour (and I'm not considing yesterday's unfortunate event). I don't think he puts the work in and also wonder about what he's eating.

Kevin T
02-11-2006, 08:32 AM
As usual, Rabbit has provided such a well thought out response that I don't find the need to add anything. Cheers, Rabbit. You hit the nail on the head.

barry
02-11-2006, 08:36 AM
With all the early round loses in grand slams, I don't see how Roddick stays number 3 in the world. He has been losing to really low ranked players (below 50) lately.

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Roddick is indeed in a slump but lets not kid ourselves, i wouldnt be surprise if he goes down 2 to 3 spots in the rankings.Other players are getting good.

I wouldn't be surprised if his ranking slips either. I mean, that's what happens in a slump.

Something between his ears is not clicking right now, but something is going to hit him on the head one day and make it all make sense again.

sexmachine
02-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm a huge roddick fan,
but there are some points that have to be addressed about ARod. Lack of focus, lack of ground stroke skills, lack of composure, lack of consistent and competant play. Great serve, yes, strong player, yes. Toe to toe in a ralley most would fancy their chances, they know he runs out of gas. He need a no non sense coach that will actually help him improve. He's had so many ppl tell him how great he is that he believes it. He no longer plays to win, and without purpose comes laziness. I do agree that he should use a more "touch" sensitive racquet, along with improving movement, ground strokes, fitness and the physcological aspect of the game.

iscottius
02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Am I the only one who's going to say to be considered a baseliner: a) you have to stand somewhere near the baseline; b) have a backhand?

As scary as I find it I do agree with one of devila's points: I now believe that what Team Roddick considers 'good shape' isn't good enough for the ATP tour (and I'm not considing yesterday's unfortunate event). I don't think he puts the work in and also wonder about what he's eating.

WCA,
I completely agree with your post, the first thread in this post stated "roddick is a great baseliner". Roddick is awful off the ground. He returns serve from 10 feet behind the baseline. He does not have the athletecism to take the ball early and play close to the baseline on returns or rally's.

devila
02-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Let's observe.
Roddick stuffs alcohol drinks down, rapidlly eats while his body and stomach can't tolerate any more insult....

Yes, that's "bad luck" before a match.
Lucky to be #3 after playing few matches between September-February.
#4, #5 didn't win many titles.....they'll gain points, as Roddick loses early repeatedly. DAVIS CUP heroes don't QUIT fighting for their countries!!!

My Roddick sympathy and Federer love have caused me to tolerate Roddick's fake, innocent act.

Chadwixx
02-11-2006, 11:25 AM
His downfall began at the begining of last year when he choose to go on that dumb bus tour instead of getting ready for the ao.

tenis
02-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Well done, sexmachine!!! But I don't agree w.rabbit...

devila
02-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Q. The grind of tennis season, do you miss team play?
ANDY RODDICK: I don’t know if you can miss something that isn’t there that often. You know what I’m saying? It’s not like I’m going from all team competitions to all of a sudden being alone. I look forward to the team competition. I really enjoy being around the guys.
But being on tour, kind of playing for selfish reasons, selfish motives, or just playing for ourselves is kind of the norm, you know. I look forward to the team weeks.

Delusional Roddick. :lol:

devila
02-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Q. Can you tell us what you ate?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, like eggs and potatoes. Last night spaghetti and meatballs. You know, there was no fish. No under cooked steak or anything like that. It’s nothing really I didn’t eat anything really suspect. I wish I had a better answer for you.
Q. Yes.
ANDY RODDICK: I don’t know. I wasn’t looking at the scoreboard. I’m sure it’s on tape somewhere.

Q. In the third?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, the first time. I did it a couple times on switchover. I don’t know the first one. I think it might have been early in the fourth. I think I held it in.

Q. Were you feeling bad in the first set?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I felt fine. Then it just came on. I could feel it the second set. Then I felt it a lot in the third. I wanted to try to close it out. You know, it got a lot worse, then it kind of snowballed.

mayimkadosh
02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Common, give him a break, he's a good guy, and good guys (plus good energy) wins, at the end.

Mayim
http://radarsync.com

devila
02-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Q. After losing the third set, did you feel you sort of had the wind taken out of your sails?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I felt like I had the fuel taken out of my guts. Wind in sails, no. It sucks. Maybe itís momentum. But Iím still two sets to one at that point. If Iím feeling good, I still like my chances.

Pitiful mentality. He deserves to be ripped apart.

devila
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Q. Is there any difference in how much you wanted to finish the match in Davis Cup versus an early round in a singles match tournament? Is there more of a responsibility?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, of course. I mean, if I’m playing first round of ‘you pick a city’, if I’m sick, it’s just me. You know, I can handle it. I can handle it. We’ll have next week.
But, you know, I almost felt mad at myself or my body or whatever. You want to finish it out because you’re playing for your teammates, playing for all you guys who are American here. You know, there is a lot more responsibility in Davis Cup.

tangerine
02-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Roddick bashing threads have gotten old, too. http://www.oldfashionedfamilies.com/forums/images/smilies/bigyawn.gif

pound cat
02-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I think he's missing the 4 years of college life he didn't have. He woud have excelled at that.

Defcon
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I read on another forum that Roddick was seen partying it up the previous two nights, getting drunk, and that he possibly had a hangover. If thats even a little bit true, then he does not deserve to win.

I find in general that Roddick lacks the work ethic and focus on tennis, that apart from tennis skills, is present in all great sportsmen. He fires coaches when they don't get along with him or his family, likes to keep himself in the media, and has not shown any indication that he really wants to be a contender for the top spot.

With the serve he's blessed with, its a lot easier for Roddick to stay in the top 10 for many years. His charisma and presense as the lone American hope means he'll always have endorsements to make money from. That's a good life.

DashaandSafin
02-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Devila, you are worthless. The day you can beat Roddick is when you can make fun of him.

Another day, another Roddick bashing Thread.

devila
02-11-2006, 03:54 PM
No, you don't expect much from him.

Whenever he's lazy with his techniques and gives fake celebrations for the crowd/cameras, his effort level goes down, and his immaturity worsens.

He wouldn't acknowledge that Davis Cup is not a place for heroics. He's not in a position to be a hero. His career's dead because he lets distracting people near him. Pat McEnroe did nothing but stare at him and put his arms around him..what a joke!

Roddick needs to play a lot in REAL tournaments. He forgot how to instinctively hit angles and serve smart. He can't admit that he isn't on the courts with a real coach. The denials and self-pity are making him insane in real life too.

He looked overweight and flat-footed in yesterday's match. I was disgusted by the lack of court position/backhand/footwork technique changes. He wasn't aggressive at all. Just flicking the charity wristband on his arm and screaming at the crowd to show off patrotism. He's clueless as to why he's choking.

DashaandSafin
02-11-2006, 04:07 PM
The Davis Cup IS a place for heroics. Look at Croatia last year, country heros now eh? He was flat footed yesterday becuase he was SICK. Put on an IV drip after the match, how many times have you seen that?

devila
02-11-2006, 04:47 PM
There's heroism and there's self-inflicted cruelty. No one cares if you're crying. The history books have your score--a choke. He had set point and leads against Ljubicic and choked.... He wasn't sick, but he worshipped the ground Agassi stood on. Ljubicic's career is better and Roddick's nowhere... He's blaming nothing and confusing/shocking himself with moronic actions.

Noelle
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
*yawn* Blah blah blah Roddick sucks blah blah blah... :roll: If only someone could merge all the Roddick bashing threads into one thread so others can avoid them easily.

superman1
02-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, please place all your comments in a thread marked "Trash."

DashaandSafin
02-11-2006, 04:59 PM
There's heroism and there's self-inflicted cruelty. No one cares if you're crying. The history books have your score--a choke. He had set point and leads against Ljubicic and choked.... He wasn't sick, but he worshipped the ground Agassi stood on. Ljubicic's career is better and Roddick's nowhere... He's blaming nothing and confusing/shocking himself with moronic actions.
Ljubicics career is better than Roddicks?

Now i KNOW your delusional and havent taken your medicine.
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=Roddick%2C+Andy&playernum1=R485&player2=Ljubicic%2C+Ivan

devila
02-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Ljubicic played tight matches against top 5 players.
He had 3rd sets and 3rd set tiebreaks against Federer.
He won 5 tournaments in the last 8 months. He was in Masters series finals, which he played awful in.
I liked his opponents, so it didn't bother me.

Since 2003, Roddick made wise decisions!!
The beer, wine and meatballs haven't hurt him too much either.
Sad, there's no purple heart medal.

Roddick's lost matches he should've won in US Open, Rome, Hamburg, Australia, French Open, Wimbledon and DAVIS CUP.

Next November, he'll play doubles with Anna Kournikova. Andre/Steffi Graf will beat them again.

West Coast Ace
02-11-2006, 06:59 PM
*yawn* Blah blah blah Roddick sucks blah blah blah... :roll: If only someone could merge all the Roddick bashing threads into one thread so others can avoid them easily.Why don't you just ignore them? Why would merging them into one make that an easier propostition for you? What part of the title of this thread 'Roddick's lack of improvement getting old' did you have trouble comprehending? Did someone email you and threaten your family if you didn't participate in this thread?

Roddick's drop in results is a valid topic on a Pro Player Discussion board - whether you like it or not.

DashaandSafin
02-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I agree it is a valid topic. However, every time Roddick loses there does not have a to be a couple bashing threads. Same goes with Federer. I remeber when he lost to Nalbandian the boards erupted...

devila
02-11-2006, 07:32 PM
If no one cares about Roddick, they'd rush back to their stud muffin Federer.

Klippy
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
LOL. I am just laughing.There's really no use in bashing Roddick. He has had a successful career and has got far far far more fortune and fame than anyone here would probably even be CLOSE to getting to. If he wants to, he can act like a moron, he can flick the band on the wrist as much as he likes, and do his little patriotic act towards the crowd. In his American Express ad he says "Life is about finding a way to win." And he has. He has won in life, he has made a great living out of tennis, and can afford pretty much anything he wants. If he wants to, he might as well quit tennis altogether. To some, he might be a moron and a clueless tennis player, but in the end, what does it matter, when you are lying down in your very average bed looking out through your very average window thinking just how average your life is? And then you think about the moron, Andy Roddick and think about all the things he might have that you wouldn't with your whole life savings ever be able to afford. Yeah, it is pretty sad the way he can be clueless, but I don't think he really cares.

devila
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
He's beautiful compared to nonmillionaires.

That's why he's losing and getting his *** kicked while people cheer and laugh.
I don't give politically correct interviews and try to look cool just because I live in America. I don't pretend that Americans are the only ones worth pleasing when I play Davis Cup. Thank goodness, no one brainwashed me in a Florida home.

I have more life lessons than he'll ever have.

He's spoiled in his materialistic, shallow world. The millionaire world where friends and family couldn't look him in the eyes to tell him his career is ending.

hyperwarrior
02-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Hmmmm....both Federer and Sampras use very low powered racquets. Could that be the secret of their success? Is it possible, just possible, that power is not the be all and end all in tennis? Remember that power and control are inversely proportional. That being said, I'd much rather have Federer's control than Roddick's power. :D

Idem.

superman1
02-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Roddick is #3 in the world, that's pretty successful. Maybe he plays shallow tennis to some, but it's enough to beat anyone except the guy many consider the best of all time, who there is no shame in losing to. Federer raised the bar at an unfortunate time. When Roddick loses a match, everyone shouts that he sucks. Sampras lost more often than Federer but no one grilled him for it. Federer just set an unrealistic standard.

Yours!05
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
LOL. I am just laughing.There's really no use in bashing Roddick. He has had a successful career and has got far far far more fortune and fame than anyone here would probably even be CLOSE to getting to. If he wants to, he can act like a moron, he can flick the band on the wrist as much as he likes, and do his little patriotic act towards the crowd. In his American Express ad he says "Life is about finding a way to win." And he has. He has won in life, he has made a great living out of tennis, and can afford pretty much anything he wants. If he wants to, he might as well quit tennis altogether. To some, he might be a moron and a clueless tennis player, but in the end, what does it matter, when you are lying down in your very average bed looking out through your very average window thinking just how average your life is? And then you think about the moron, Andy Roddick and think about all the things he might have that you wouldn't with your whole life savings ever be able to afford. Yeah, it is pretty sad the way he can be clueless, but I don't think he really cares.Good post Klippy.:)

superman1
02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Actually, that post kind of depressed me.

Grigollif1
02-12-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't understand people saying that Roddick was Suffering from Nerves. I may understand let's say, right in the beginning if you start the match losing badly or if you start winning well and suddenly your opponent catches up and begins to blow you off the court. In Roddick's case he was winning very confortably, I would think that in that situation the third set would be very relaxing , after all you already heard the national Song, the Fighter plane already passed by, You already warmed up your huge serve and is all there and you even won 2 sets already so, what's So nerving about that?
Very Sinister ineed.... :rolleyes:

DashaandSafin
02-12-2006, 08:04 AM
He's beautiful compared to nonmillionaires.

That's why he's losing and getting his *** kicked while people cheer and laugh.
I don't give politically correct interviews and try to look cool just because I live in America. I don't pretend that Americans are the only ones worth pleasing when I play Davis Cup. Thank goodness, no one brainwashed me in a Florida home.

I have more life lessons than he'll ever have.

He's spoiled in his materialistic, shallow world. The millionaire world where friends and family couldn't look him in the eyes to tell him his career is ending.
And you are a millionaire? Dont make me laugh. I doubt he cares at ALL what you think about him and his game. Listen buddy, in the grand scheme of things, he is going to be in the tennis HOF (see: Yanncik Noah) and you, you devila will be forgotten.

FedererUberAlles
02-12-2006, 08:31 AM
You guys take trolls way to seriously.

West Coast Ace
02-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Roddick is #3 in the world, that's pretty successful. Maybe he plays shallow tennis to some, but it's enough to beat anyone except the guy many consider the best of all time, who there is no shame in losing to. Uh, that's not true. Hewitt has a solid winning record against Roddick:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/headtohead/head2head.asp?player1=Roddick%2C+Andy&player2=Hewitt%2C+Lleyton&playernum2=H432

I find Klippy's comments somewhat sad - they seem to say to me that a) if you have enough money you can do what you please; b) the fan's mean nothing. Pretty sad and shallow.

A lot of you take the kneejerk position that those of us who complain about Roddick's game just hate him, are jealous, etc. Did you ever consider that we would like to see him improve for the sake of the competitiveness of the men's game? I don't hate anyone - except terrorists and violent criminals. But there
are plenty of people I don't respect. Roddick being one.

vllockhart
02-12-2006, 10:11 AM
People, people. Remember when the tennis world wrote Pete Sampras off after he struggled so much, not winning another title after his 13th Slam?

Then what happened?

alienhamster
02-12-2006, 10:43 AM
LOL. I am just laughing.There's really no use in bashing Roddick. He has had a successful career and has got far far far more fortune and fame than anyone here would probably even be CLOSE to getting to. If he wants to, he can act like a moron, he can flick the band on the wrist as much as he likes, and do his little patriotic act towards the crowd. In his American Express ad he says "Life is about finding a way to win." And he has. He has won in life, he has made a great living out of tennis, and can afford pretty much anything he wants. If he wants to, he might as well quit tennis altogether. To some, he might be a moron and a clueless tennis player, but in the end, what does it matter, when you are lying down in your very average bed looking out through your very average window thinking just how average your life is? And then you think about the moron, Andy Roddick and think about all the things he might have that you wouldn't with your whole life savings ever be able to afford. Yeah, it is pretty sad the way he can be clueless, but I don't think he really cares. I like the relative comparison you're striving for here--in some ways it keeps the Roddick critics a little more real (in terms of pointing out how much Roddick really does have going for him).

I don't know Roddick personally, of course, but every signal he sends suggests to me that he cares very deeply about winning, about playing better, and yeah, about being less clueless. Sure, the money is a nice bonus, but he's got to feel like he's not playing to his full potential. To be so close to several BIG championships, and to not be able to win--that's got to make you want more, to play better in the future.

Roddick has improved overall, except in one major area--his mental game. If he can just stop playing so tentatively, he'll be back in the mix.

sexmachine
02-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Why don't we all sety aside our differences and perhaps take a more perspective view after his encounter this evening.....? And over the rest of the tournament we all(including myself) forget he is only a young man, and i think he'll come through and really improve!

Chadwixx
02-12-2006, 12:32 PM
People, people. Remember when the tennis world wrote Pete Sampras off after he struggled so much, not winning another title after his 13th Slam?

Then what happened?

He got a cakewalk draw including shalken in the semis, and agassi who tanked in the finals so his good buddy pete would be rememberd in history.

Also got to play 6 straight night matches.

Rabbit
02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
He got a cakewalk draw including shalken in the semis, and agassi who tanked in the finals so his good buddy pete would be rememberd in history.

Also got to play 6 straight night matches.

It's posts like these that make Oliver Stone look credible.

devila
02-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Roddick did try to be Mr. Hero and Mr. Son Raised by a Respectable Family.
At the 2002 US Open, he knew he was slowed down by the sore foot and Sampras acknowledged that. Oh no, he told the world that Sampras could beat anyone in 2002 and that injury didn't bother him in the Sampras match. Roddick's tried to be Sampras' loser worshipper instead of being genuine.
Roddick actually thought the fast court surface suited him well....a lot of lies.
He's more comfortable on clay now, ironically.

sexmachine
02-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Well at least he's back on track not the most testing match but a compitent display. Devila u must really hate Andy roddick u can't even give a perspectively positive remark.... Whats up with that?

devila
02-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Why? He says he's practicing great and playing satisfyingly, despite the low 1st serve %.

He told the crowd to shut up the 1st day after someone yelled.

He volleyed at a sharp angle and stared at the crowd for several seconds. The antics made him lose serve afterward. He lost 7/10 points after that immature celebration.
Even John McEnroe said, "This is distracting him."

"He shouldn't move his wristband around."

"Roddick's confidence is the worst in a long time."

sexmachine
02-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Well at least he's back on track not the most testing match but a compitent display. Devila u must really hate Andy roddick u can't even give a perspectively positive remark.... Whats up with that?
Devila u've been talking up a storm on all these posts.... Whats ur atp ranking....? How many grand slams....? How many major tournaments....? How many minor pro....?

Well answer these questions and then we'll talk...

devila
02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
How many did you win too?

He annoys me -- I expect more Roddick titles (the ones he trashed since 2004). Federer and Nadal actually care about individual competition.

I'm really barry, the conspiracy theorist.

Pomeranian
02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Devila u've been talking up a storm on all these posts.... Whats ur atp ranking....? How many grand slams....? How many major tournaments....? How many minor pro....?

Well answer these questions and then we'll talk...

You've quoted yourself, might want to fix that...

All threads bashing pros are amusing. All posts bashing back are amusing. It's not some high school debate team, does all this ranting make you happy? (BTW I propose any rant garbage should be put in the appropriate topic category) But maybe this will convince you to take a walk outside to breathe fresh air. Who cares about how Andy Roddick or any other pro takes care of themself? If you truly are compelled to write a thread about someone you seem to dislike because of the way they are presenting themselves ect, why don't you not pay attention to them? Why is it that you bring up someone you dislike? Ignoring is just so much easier. And why do people care about some anonymous person over the internet's opinion? Obviously if they are so adamant about their opinion to make a thread about it, they don't care about you opposing opinion. Come to think about it, why am I posting here? I guess I'm bored and thought this post might clean up trash around here but unfortunately it's clear that the childlike behavior will never cease.

Flame Away but just don't do it here.

sexmachine
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I suppose... Well i look at it this way i'd be harsh on his game because i'm a fan... I'm disappointed at his lack of progress, but he's still very young and head strong, someday soon it'll click....

sexmachine
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
All threads bashing pros are amusing. All posts bashing back are amusing. It's not some high school debate team, does all this ranting make you happy? (BTW I propose any rant garbage should be put in the appropriate topic category) But maybe this will convince you to take a walk outside to breathe fresh air. Who cares about how Andy Roddick or any other pro takes care of themself? If you truly are compelled to write a thread about someone you seem to dislike because of the way they are presenting themselves ect, why don't you not pay attention to them? Why is it that you bring up someone you dislike? Ignoring is just so much easier. And why do people care about some anonymous person over the internet's opinion? Obviously if they are so adamant about their opinion to make a thread about it, they don't care about you opposing opinion. Come to think about it, why am I posting here? I guess I'm bored and thought this post might clean up trash around here but unfortunately it's clear that the childlike behavior will never cease.

Flame Away but just don't do it here.[/QUOTE]

It's not very nice to insult ppl, and ignoring things isn't a good thing.... There are no arguments these forums r for discussion, if u want to insult ppl please go elsewhere.

llama
02-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Roddick did try to be Mr. Hero and Mr. Son Raised by a Respectable Family.
At the 2002 US Open, he knew he was slowed down by the sore foot and Sampras acknowledged that. Oh no, he told the world that Sampras could beat anyone in 2002 and that injury didn't bother him in the Sampras match. Roddick's tried to be Sampras' loser worshipper instead of being genuine.
Roddick actually thought the fast court surface suited him well....a lot of lies.
He's more comfortable on clay now, ironically.

You know, I've never really given Roddick a thought one way or the other, but after reading all your nonsense and rants, Devila, I'm beginning to like him more and more. What IS your problem?

Rabbit
02-13-2006, 04:59 AM
With all the early round loses in grand slams, I don't see how Roddick stays number 3 in the world. He has been losing to really low ranked players (below 50) lately.

Come on, Barry, yes you do. If you don't it's because you don't read anything other than what you type. He won 5 titles last year, which was 3rd best in the world. His points were 3rd best in the world. Continually asking the question won't change what he did last year. The only points he's defended so far this year were at the Australian. He lost 60 points because he failed to reach the semis.

Your boy, Hewitt, did considerably worse than Roddick. He was defending 140 points from last year and only got to the second round this year, he lost an astounding 133 points! Maybe you should be questioning his year instead!

Roddick has played one event and has 30 points. Hewitt has played three events and has 18 points. Again, do the math and tell me who should be ranked higher.

I'm not a Roddick fan by any stretch, but this is ridiculous. Asking the same tired question when the answer has been provided over and over is really tiresome.

And, let's get your facts straight. Roddick has two losses. One to a guy who was doing his imitation of a buzzsaw at the time, Baghdatis who was ranked #23. The other was to Pavel who is currently ranked #67, but coming off injury and what he described as a terrible year. His career high ranking was #13, so it's not exactly like he's not any good now is it? It really is time to stop this crap.

EmGee
02-13-2006, 05:34 AM
I wonder. Is Devila really (actually) a psychology major or a human behaviorist writing a thesis on how people behave on message boards.

Either that or Devila is a somewhat intelligent AI created by said psychologist and/or human behaviorist who churns out somewhat intelligent comments, though oftentimes cryptic, specifically designed to elicit reactions and responses from others.

Although, I guess, I'm just too paranoid?

rommil
02-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I suppose... Well i look at it this way i'd be harsh on his game because i'm a fan... I'm disappointed at his lack of progress, but he's still very young and head strong, someday soon it'll click....
Very young? Not sure of that. There's a bunch of younger players pushing their way up and the other current players are improving their games. If anything, Roddick should have done something by now or needs to come up with something good soon because the other guys are moving on. If it helps pointing out what maybe one of Roddick's shortcomings, I have seen him in practice sessions(when he was with Brad), one session was right next to Agassi and Darren hitting on the next court over. Agassi was all focused and business like. Roddick's session was never like that, he was goofing off with Brad and seemed too conscious of the people watching, hitting groundies with his left hand. The only part that really impressed me was when he was hitting serves. Yet we all know the players now are not as intimidated by that. Upclose Roddick a bit on the chunky side, I think he needs to improve on his fitness. Lately we have seen Roddick try to diversify his game but when he tries to get to the net and easily gets passed, it is just too excruciating to watch.

Chadwixx
02-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm not a Roddick fan by any stretch

These are my favorite quotes from this place. No one is a real roddick fan but they will spend hours and pages defending him. What a joke.

Rabbit, why do you think roddick suddenly got a case of the nerves after playing tennis for 20 years and 2 hours that day? To suddenly develop a case of the jitters after being on tour for so long isnt plausable.

Rabbit
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
These are my favorite quotes from this place. No one is a real roddick fan but they will spend hours and pages defending him. What a joke.

Rabbit, why do you think roddick suddenly got a case of the nerves after playing tennis for 20 years and 2 hours that day? To suddenly develop a case of the jitters after being on tour for so long isnt plausable.

The reasons for defense are obvious. You, Devila, and Barry, prime among most, are doing more to create Roddick fans than anything else! Your constant pounding, unreasoned pounding on the guy has turned many people into Roddick fans.

Let me be crystal clear here. I do not like Andy Roddick's game. I did not like his staring at the crowd when he hit the crosscourt angle. It was an unbelievable get and a great shot, but he should have let it go. He was expected to win that match and he should have acted like it. That said, Roddick is 23 and I'm willing to cut him a tremendous amount of slack for that reason. You see, I have a 15-year old at home and cutting slack is my middle name right now.

Just because I don't like his game, doesn't mean that I don't empathize with the guy. He's made some very gracious comments at very hard times, losing two Wimbledon finals he's been overly gracious. I think he's about to convince himself that he doesn't have a chance to win against Federer. It's a shame. McEnroe (John) said as much, Roddick needs to go back to his basic game. Knock the hell out of his serve and hit the heavily spun forehand. Work the opponent down.

With regard to Roddick's nerves, you mean to tell me that you never get nervous playing any more? Ever? You've never had a time when the old arm went limber on a match point? Roddick is no different than any of us in that regard. If the team doctor said it was nerves and he's there looking at Roddick I'll believe him. You choose not to because you have a personal vendetta against him.

Tell me, Dr. Chadwixx, Pshycic (psychotic) Chadwixx, what was going on with Roddick that made him throw up on court? You evidently have the inside story here, so what's the scoop? I want information, not conjecture either. You tell everybody what was wrong with Roddick.

What is really "a joke" around here are the people like you who dream up any conspiracy possible, including the fixing of Grand Slam draws worldwide all in the cause of furthering Andy Roddick's career. What is really "a joke" around here is people like you who are so blinded by a prejudice that you fail to acknowledge some basic facts about a player. Roddick is #3 in the world, he won more tournaments last year than all but two guys on the tour, he won 3 Queens clubs in a row, he was runner up at Wimbledon the last two years. To acknowledge these things doesn't mean you like or love Roddick, it just means that you have sense enough to call it like it is.

I don't care for Nadal's game or his antics on court either. However, I hope Nadal will grow out of his on court behavior. Even then, I don't care for his game. I really do like his athletic ability and defensive skills. I think he is on a level by himself on clay in that regard.

Who do I like? On tour right now my favorite two players are Andre Agassi and Tommy Haas. I love to watch both of them play for entirely different reasons. I think Nicholas Keifer has a great game as well. I also think he's a jerk. See how that works? It's called perspective. You should try it some time.

sexmachine
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Gotta agree with u man, u hit the nail on the head... Don't suppose r a safin fan??? Much love 4 safin, grosjean, haas and davydenko!!!:cool:

arosen
02-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Then what happened?

Are you comparing Andy to Pete? Andy is nowhere near the same ballpark, c'mon. He is not even in the parking lot near the ball park. Pete is a legend. Roddick is a one time wonder, with one GS to his name. Reality check, please.

DashaandSafin
02-13-2006, 01:46 PM
The reasons for defense are obvious. You, Devila, and Barry, prime among most, are doing more to create Roddick fans than anything else! Your constant pounding, unreasoned pounding on the guy has turned many people into Roddick fans.

Let me be crystal clear here. I do not like Andy Roddick's game. I did not like his staring at the crowd when he hit the crosscourt angle. It was an unbelievable get and a great shot, but he should have let it go. He was expected to win that match and he should have acted like it. That said, Roddick is 23 and I'm willing to cut him a tremendous amount of slack for that reason. You see, I have a 15-year old at home and cutting slack is my middle name right now.

Just because I don't like his game, doesn't mean that I don't empathize with the guy. He's made some very gracious comments at very hard times, losing two Wimbledon finals he's been overly gracious. I think he's about to convince himself that he doesn't have a chance to win against Federer. It's a shame. McEnroe (John) said as much, Roddick needs to go back to his basic game. Knock the hell out of his serve and hit the heavily spun forehand. Work the opponent down.

With regard to Roddick's nerves, you mean to tell me that you never get nervous playing any more? Ever? You've never had a time when the old arm went limber on a match point? Roddick is no different than any of us in that regard. If the team doctor said it was nerves and he's there looking at Roddick I'll believe him. You choose not to because you have a personal vendetta against him.

Tell me, Dr. Chadwixx, Pshycic (psychotic) Chadwixx, what was going on with Roddick that made him throw up on court? You evidently have the inside story here, so what's the scoop? I want information, not conjecture either. You tell everybody what was wrong with Roddick.

What is really "a joke" around here are the people like you who dream up any conspiracy possible, including the fixing of Grand Slam draws worldwide all in the cause of furthering Andy Roddick's career. What is really "a joke" around here is people like you who are so blinded by a prejudice that you fail to acknowledge some basic facts about a player. Roddick is #3 in the world, he won more tournaments last year than all but two guys on the tour, he won 3 Queens clubs in a row, he was runner up at Wimbledon the last two years. To acknowledge these things doesn't mean you like or love Roddick, it just means that you have sense enough to call it like it is.

I don't care for Nadal's game or his antics on court either. However, I hope Nadal will grow out of his on court behavior. Even then, I don't care for his game. I really do like his athletic ability and defensive skills. I think he is on a level by himself on clay in that regard.

Who do I like? On tour right now my favorite two players are Andre Agassi and Tommy Haas. I love to watch both of them play for entirely different reasons. I think Nicholas Keifer has a great game as well. I also think he's a jerk. See how that works? It's called perspective. You should try it some time.
My thoughts summed up exactly. Just because i try to defend Roddick does not make me a fanboy. Thanks Rabbit for putting my thoughts in words, i sometimes have trouble doing that.

Chadwixx
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I say this

"No one is a real roddick fan but they will spend hours and pages defending him"

He writes a book, does that prove my point?

Dasha, you do understand when he said "Pshycic (psychotic)" he was making fun of you right?

Is houston in the southeast still rabbit? Since we are bringing up old posts. How about you and the other "alpha" posters who rule these boards, that was a good laugh too :)

West Coast Ace
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Either that or Devila is a somewhat intelligent AI ...There had to be some sarcasm in this - Devila just said Roddick's game is currently best suited for clay. If that's AI then it's time for some debugging...

I think Chadwixx nailed it - a lot of Roddick defenders act like they're just doing their good deed for the month.

DashaandSafin
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Will you ever learn? We are beyond defending Roddick. In fact, we dont care. We are calling you out on making fun of the guy and devoting your time into a player that does not even know you exist.

devila
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Since I actually saw his clay matches, I also know how he behaved and played.
He's ignorant on every surface, but he can break serve on clay.
As long as he cuts back the American loudmouth antics, he will improve on clay.

His arrogance and disasters on grass and hardcourt have been the worst.
Don't be deceived by his Wimbledon, carpet and hardcourt results. He depended on fast aces, but his return game got worse in those events.

Pomeranian
02-13-2006, 08:04 PM

Flame Away but just don't do it here.

It's not very nice to insult ppl, and ignoring things isn't a good thing.... There are no arguments these forums r for discussion, if u want to insult ppl please go elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to make you mad but don't you think it would be more appropriate if a hate/disapproval/mad about lack of progress thread about Andy Roddick would be placed under rants and raves or do you think I'm nuts? This thread wasn't really to discuss about Andy Roddick's progress or lack of, it became more of a let out steam thread which isn't what I think it intended to be though the title was a little inviting to flame. Obviously people aren't very civilized here so what discussion is it? Do you know how many Andy Roddick hate threads there are? Point is discussion topic is for discussion, not anger. If someone thinks that Andy Roddick isn't making progress, that's their opinion and it can't really be supported well enough or argued since it's an opinion, so it's not a discussion.

Not a fan of Roddick or anything but at pro level, imo, improvement is more than just hitting more balls. Players struggle just to maintain their skills so who are we to tell him he needs to practice more? Even if you are a fan of Andy Roddick, it's odd to bash someone you are a fan of. This is a post you probably disagree with, but really there's nothing you can do to change it so it's not an ideal topic for discussion and will become a more like I'm right you're wrong thread. Now imagine my opinion about Andy Roddick's lack of improvement justifiable repeated 10 times. Then you would be in my shoes... The point is the topic is beaten to death and I think it should all just stop.

Rabbit
02-14-2006, 05:38 AM
I say this

"No one is a real roddick fan but they will spend hours and pages defending him"

He writes a book, does that prove my point?

No, I wasn't defending Roddick as much as I was showing you to be utterly biased and incorrect. I don't mind someone posting something negative about any player as long as they're accurate. You, clearly, are not.

Dasha, you do understand when he said "Pshycic (psychotic)" he was making fun of you right?

No, I was referring to you in this play on words.

Is houston in the southeast still rabbit? Since we are bringing up old posts. How about you and the other "alpha" posters who rule these boards, that was a good laugh too :)

I guess you could call Houston southeast if you live in Hawaii. :)

Come now, if you have to go to a Hall-ism then you are desperate.

Noelle
02-14-2006, 05:56 AM
I don't understand this board. Say a Roddick fan comes on one of these threads to say a good word on his behalf. The bashers dismiss his or her statements because they come from a fan. Then a Roddick non-fan comes on here and calls out the bashers, and the bashers dismiss his or her statements as well.

Is anyone even ALLOWED to defend Roddick against baseless criticism? It doesn't seem so. :roll: