PDA

View Full Version : Pavel = Top10 by the end of the year?

Chadwixx
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
What do you think?

Dan007
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Nope. He's just going to stay at the level he is right now.

FalconX
02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
no but roddick still in top hundred by the year's end. me hopes.

andfor
02-11-2006, 12:41 PM
What do you think?

Is your question a knee jerk perdiction based on one win? The way you talk so bad about Roddick I would have thought you picked the guy to win in the first place. :D Pavel is a nice player but he has a difficult time maintaining consistant results. Beautiful back hand, solid overall game but nothing stands out as a major weapon which you see in most top ten entrants. Looking forward to seeing him pay in Memphis. Hope he does well.

devila
02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Ignorant, guilty, masochistic Roddick shows up to lose everywhere
----no matter how much he pumps his fist for the camera

John McEnroe blames Roddick's self-destruction on nervousness.
John's the Davis Cup-obsessed brat, and knows how to twist false claims into reality. To him, no one ever takes things for granted. He obviously can't see Roddick's neglectful bit chiness and physical weakness!!

"If it was nerves, I'd be puking at Wimbledon; at many places.
We would have a lot of dirty courts if that happened," Roddick said.

Bud Collins parrots, "Roddick lost due to nerves." STFU

Max G.
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Not a chance. Pavel might have a good year and end top 20 - that's possible, he's done it before, but he's getting old and I really doubt it.

Top 10? Not a chance.

Mr.Federer
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
No chance...no chance at all...

Shabazza
02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Not a chance Pavel might have a good year and end top 20 - that's possible, he's done it before, but he's getting old and I really doubt it.

Top 10? Not a chance.
Ditto!!

Feņa14
02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
He's doing remarkably well consider his nasty injuries he's had to his back. He's won his Master Series title and got to the final of Paris 2003 and some decent showings in Grand Slams, noteably at the French.

Top 10, I doubt it. He's around about where he should be now.

Breaker
02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Maybe he's making a parody thread to the Baghdatis, Mathieu, and Muller threads when they beat Roddick.

Moose Malloy
02-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Maybe he's making a parody thread to the Baghdatis, Mathieu, and Muller threads when they beat Roddick.

Bingo!

!Tym
02-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Pavel is what he always has been. Solid all-around, but not singularly gifted enough in anyone area to make a lasting splash on the tour by any definiable measure of greatness, such as a grand slam trophy or repeatable top ten ranking to his name.

A solid, top 20 to top 50 level player? Sure. Having no weaknesses has a way of doing that for you, but not having any mind-numbing strengths also has its way of putting a career long cap on you, which has been the case to date.

Does a guy like Pavel "firing on all fronts" have what it takes to upset a big name or even win the occasional big tournament, see his masters victory over Rafter on hard one year? Yeah, you already saw that years ago.

However, ALL that "success" precluded him bringing his absolute best stuff like almost ALL the time...which obviously has not happened through the years. Pavel, good for a smoke here and there...but no more. The rest of the time, he's sitting gravy like the rest of them.

vkartikv
02-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Every time a player upsets a top 10 player, you guys ask if he has the potential to be in the top 10 himself!! You don't expect the top 10 to win 100% of their matches, do you? And Andy is not even one tenth of what he was at Wimbledon last year....

VamosRafa
02-11-2006, 06:07 PM
No chance. If it was going to happen, it would have happened before now.

West Coast Ace
02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
If he makes it in the Top 10 it will be a very bad year for men's tennis. As others have pointed out, he's definitely on the downslope of his career. He'll get a few more nice wins but no way he could sustain it and get enough points to get into the Top 10.

ssuHeartsRivald
02-11-2006, 09:28 PM
The chance..........0.00001% (everything is possible...right?)
Well, he beat Roddick in Davis Cup...but we all know who Roddick is now.

MasterTS
02-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Are you joking? One good win doesn't make you a top10 player. Granted pavel is talented and a pretty darn good player, there are plenty of other top 100 tennis players that are just as good and can push many top10 players to five sets given the opportunity and right conditions.

Mens tennis is very deep! Anyone in the top 100 can take out a top10 player! Look what happen to Federer at the Olympics!??!

devila
02-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Roddick was only interested in showboating a fair personality to the media. He arrogantly convinced himself that linesmen and umpire were 100% trustworthy. He served the ball on the line, and instantly imagined he'd get a 2nd serve. He imagined the 1st serve was out.
He let Pavel hit a winner.

Stubborn brat was on tour for 5 yrs., yet in his warped mind, matches don't have bad calls.

He can't stand losing control of people and things.
The right call was made, he knew he was losing. He deluded himself into thinking that Davis Cup was bigger than regular events.

Roddick should retire and seek psychological help.

He said, "My parents won't let me have a huge head."
Unfortunately, he got phoney humility because no one says the truth to his face. Those are the same people depending on him to save their reputation and jobs. He loved going into his delusional idiot mode.