PDA

View Full Version : Ace Probs?

K!ck5w3rvE
06-11-2004, 11:25 PM
I was thinking of trying a hybrid with Alu mains and Ace crosses, but I read on the TW feedback that a guy said Ace only lasts him a set. Who has used Ace and how was the durability. Did you like it and would an Ace-Alu hybrid be good?

bsandy
06-12-2004, 03:38 AM
What are you trying to accomplish by putting ace in the crosses?

Softer string bed ? . . . You can do this with just about any string. Try some silver duraflex.

More bite from 18g strings ? . . . The cross strings are not the ones that bite the ball. Actually more surface area (and some agree a rough one) will give you more spin.

And if a guy said that ACE only last him a set, I'm sure that was on the Mains.

. . . Bud

Real McCoy
06-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Unique combo. I have been using Ace for a few months and love it. The strings don't move so durability is enhanced. Crosses seldom break before mains anyway so you shoudn't have any trouble.

kentuckytennisdude
06-13-2004, 05:31 AM
Why dont you try the Ace Touch hybrid string here on Tennis Warehouse? It has Luxilon Supersense and Luxilon Ace. I would try it, I heard good feedback on it.

sg
06-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I break thick nylon strings in a few weeks but Ace has been in my racquet for over 2 months now and it still plays well. It has only just started to move and is notched quite deep but I'm already very satisfied with its durability. I have a strong serve and big forehand and am astonished that such a thin string (1.12mm) can be so durable. It has fantastic control, but power is only moderate. I don't know how this string could only last someone 1 set. I'm going to try ALU next so I can't compare.

Yonex RD-7 95, Lux Ace @ 55/53