PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

IceBlue
06-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey, does anyone here use creatine? Any comments on this? Thankx! :)

gmlasam
06-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey, does anyone here use creatine? Any comments on this? Thankx! :)I've used it, and it does work helping putting bulk on you. It does make you a little stronger, can get an extra 2 or 3 reps than your normal. Creatine saturates your muscles with more water, which makes it look bigger and fuller.

IceBlue
06-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks gmlasam--anyone else?

netman
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Offers no useable benefits to athletes in speed based sports like tennis and running. If you want to add some fullness to your muscle bodies, it may work. Otherwise you just wasting money. Nasty side effects include cramping, which can be quite severe in some folks.

sanitarium
06-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Of course it doesn't just add speed.

How about a common sense approach, use creatine along with a stiff regiment of leg training / muscle development

Use increased muscle development in running/intervals/sprinting.

Voila.

Rickson
06-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Creatine is good for bulking up with water weight, but it's not what I'd recommend for tennis. Branch chain amino acids would work great for the game because leucine will give you more endurance, yes leucine is an amino acid that provides endurance.

bee
06-25-2004, 09:46 PM
I WILL TELL YOU A FUNNY STORY.

I WAS TAKING A CREATINE DRINK SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK TO GIVE ME AN EDGE IN MY TENNIS AND FITNESS TRAINING. I WAS PUT ON LIPITOR, A CHOLESTEROL LOWERING STATIN MEDICATION. I WENT TO THE PHILIPPINES AND PLAYED TENNIS EVERYDAY IN THE HOT TROPICS. LEG AND FOOT...ESPECIALLY FOOT...CRAMPS ENSUED.

OH MY, I SAY TO MYSELF. I MAY HAVE TO STOP MY CHOLESTEROL LOWERING MEDIATION.

I'M BACK HOME ONE NIGHT SITTING AT MY COMPUTER. MY FEET HURT AND I LOOK DOWN AND REALIZE MY SHOES ARE TOO TIGHT AND TOO LIGHTWEIGHT. GEEEZZZ! IT'S THE SHOES! I CHANGED SHOES. THE FOOT CRAMPS CONTINUED.

TRAGIC, I SAY TO MYSELF. THE LIPITOR I NEED TO LOWER MY CHOLESTEROL AND SAVE ME FROM AN EARLY HEART ATTACK SUCH AS MY DAD SUFFERED CAUSES INTOLERABLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH THESE MUSCLE CRAMPS. AFTER ALL, I'M AN ATHLETE!

MAYBE SIX MONTHS LATER MY FEET ARE CRAMPING AND I DECIDE I'LL TRY A NO CREATINE ROUTINE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. JUST AS A LONG SHOT.

THE PAINFUL FOOT CRAMPS HAVE NOT RETURNED.

SO, SOMETIMES WE SEE WHAT WE WANT TO SEE. MAYBE AS COMPETITIVE ATHLETES WE CAN BE OBSESSIVE AND EVEN A BIT NARCISSISTIC. I DON'T MISS THAT STUFF AT ALL (THE CREATINE, THAT IS. I'M STILL ON THE LIPITOR). THERE'S A HUGE INDUSTRY THAT WANTS TO SELL US ALL KINDS OF SUPPLEMENTS. SO MUCH OF IT'S FRUUFRUU.

DIDN'T DRINK ENOUGH WATER MAYBE. BUT, WHO WANTS TO GO AROUND DRINKING WATER ALL THE TIME.

BEE

perfmode
06-26-2004, 03:39 AM
take off capslock. thats so damn annoying.

bee
06-26-2004, 07:23 PM
You know, I just usually email that way and type that way a lot of the time, but maybe I'm breaking some etiquette or even some policy here. Everyone else seems to not do that, so that's obviously what I should do. It does look pretentious when it's not the norm, so thanks for pointing it out.

Bee

perfmode
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm so used to reading capslock text as screaming that i felt like your whole post was a big flaming screamfest. That's why capslock bothers me.

Ryan
08-31-2004, 08:49 PM
HEY PERFMODE MAYBE THERE'S A REASON YOU ALWAYS SEE CAP LOCKS, CHILL OUT.