PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for all the Hyper PS 6.1 users!

dsa202
06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
All racquets have seized production (discontinued) and is being replaced with the nSix-one 95.

Htour will also be later discontinued, it'll be replaced with a Ncoded Htour.

Thats all for now

And if people dint know Tour 90 has been discontinued and replaced by the Ncode six-one tour 90

goober
06-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Although I like Wilson's racquets, their strategy of coming out with new racquets every 6 months and discontinuing many of the old ones (old meaning 1-2 years) is ridiculous. Many players I know aren't out always buying the latest thing on the block once they find a racquet they like. It seems like you better buy 3-5 of a racquet if you really like it otherwise if you are looking for replacements 3-5 years from now you probably won't be able to find it.

destan
06-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Agree with gobber.

I thought I have finally found my racket, in the form of Tour 90, and was upset to hear that they are discontinuing it. Looks like I have to buy a few more sticks soon.

Anyway, just as gobber mentioned, stock up on your favourite racket. As the trend goes today, we never know how long will the n-Code, LM last. I will not be surprised if Wilson comes up with another new technology in 1 year's time, and discard n-Code. Never 'chase' a racket because of new technology. It will never end. If you have found your racket, stick with it and stock up!

redpurusha
06-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Many of you guys mention stocking up with as many as 5 or 6 racquets. Having played tennis for a very short period, can someone explain why you need so many racquets (besides the fact that many types are discontinued)? I mean, do you just break them during matches? How can you break a racquet unless you smash it on the ground from anger and disgust over one point? Is this what is happining? Or, is there just severe wear and tear from endless hours of playing? I understand two or three of the same, for backup, but 6? Are you guys professionals? I can see the string tension going down, so you need 1 or 2 extra. I'm an inexperienced player and don't know but am curious.

@wright
06-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Advanced players often break alot of strings, warranting backup racquets. Racquets also fatigue(lose stiffness) over time, so people probably feel they need to stock up so they can rotate through more racquets so their racquets will last longer. I think this is somewhat a myth, as most players won't be able to wear a racquet down just by hitting so many balls. This would be an issue for a pro.

Shaolin
06-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Racquets break if you hit hard and string tight. I have had 2 racquets break on me this month, one on an overhead, one on a forehand, both broke just below the PWS (wilson frames). I also broke 2 others last month, one by stringing too tight (cracked on the machine) and one I had to shatter on the court when I hit a bad shot. So its good to have a lot of them.

tarheelbornjohn
06-16-2004, 07:59 AM
I had one break on an overhead that was actually hit correctly. I suspect that it had been cracked during stringing, since this happend during the first set after a new string job. I was in a tourney and my wife was watching, when I heard the sound of a crack, I tapped in on the ground and knew it was cracked, then saw the visual sign. It ****ed me off and I smashed it, which my wife saw. She thought I had just broken it. I had to point out that I am too cheap to simply break a racquet out of anger and that I had actually won the point just before. So Racquets do break from things other than smashing them. When you string a racquet, it puts alot of stress on it. Some, especially the newer ones seem to have more problems with this. I start becoming concerned about the stick after 20-30 string jobs.