PDA

View Full Version : TiMO 18 vs BB ALU power 16

LittleMAC
06-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I've heard nothing but greatness from BB ALU and I've also heard great things from TiMO 18 guage. I just ordered 3 sets of each to play around with them. Currently I'm using alpha gut 2000 16 guage in a Ti. Classic. It feels awesome, but I couldn't help try some of this string because of the reviews. What can I expect in switching from such a multi to these two strings. Also, which one do you prefer and why? Thanks a lot!

-MAC

ragnaROK
06-12-2004, 01:13 PM
TiMO= more feel
ALU= more power

expect to give it a little time to get used to the feel of poly. The feel of poly is very different from multi. It'll also feel a lot more stiff than you're used to at first. I prefer the ALU because I find TiMO harsher and with poly I need all the power I can get.

gmlasam
06-12-2004, 02:40 PM
TiMO= more feel
ALU= more power

expect to give it a little time to get used to the feel of poly. The feel of poly is very different from multi. It'll also feel a lot more stiff than you're used to at first. I prefer the ALU because I find TiMO harsher and with poly I need all the power I can get.I'm the opposite. I prefer the TiMO over the ALU. The TiMO is much more stiffer, but you get much more control, in my opinion. I have a very full swing and generate enough power, and ALU will make me hit the ball off the court.