PDA

View Full Version : Since Wilson is discontinuing most of its current racquets..

srvnvly
06-12-2004, 04:44 PM
in favor of its nCode technology racquets, is the Surge X safe? I finally found a racquet that is good for my 4.0 all-court game.

mary fierce
06-12-2004, 04:53 PM
If you're concerned, watch as the price comes down, then get four of them for the closet until you need them. Odds are you'll want something else by then, and can sell them to the people who still use them.

Cruzer
06-12-2004, 07:29 PM
It's the nature of buying Wilson/Head/Prince racquets. Essentially every model, save the PS 6.0 and POG have a life span of two years or less.

kooyah
06-12-2004, 07:41 PM
in favor of its nCode technology racquets, is the Surge X safe?

What do you mean by "safe"? It will probably be discontinued eventually. It just depends on whether or not you are someone who needs to always be using a racquet from the most current line.

Kirko
06-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I posted earlier about two players using the surge . Man did they have GAME . At least 5.0 level asked them after they finished if they mod. them ; no right off the rack just yonex grap & home depot grommet. I f you like it buy a couple . I might demo it myself.

perfmode
06-13-2004, 06:31 AM
The Surge = Pure Drive

If Wilson discontinues em, say f*** em and buy a PD then add some lead tape to 3and9(like the Wilson PWS).