PDA

View Full Version : what makes Federer so great

Rickson
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Some players have amazing speed and some have incredible power, but how often do you see a player with both speed and power? Federer can retrieve balls with the best of them, but he can also match power with anyone. This lethal combination is what makes Federer the best player in the world; one of the most powerful ball strikers who is also one of the fastest.

Freedom
02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
He's the best all-around player ever.

Pen Express
02-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes he is.

West Coast Ace
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Some players have amazing speed and some have incredible power, but how often do you see a player with both speed and power? Federer can retrieve balls with the best of them, but he can also match power with anyone. This lethal combination is what makes Federer the best player in the world; one of the most powerful ball strikers who is also one of the fastest.Agreed. I think his defensive skills must really demoralize the players who think they're on top of a point against him, only to have him hang around and them switch to offense at the 1st opportunity and hit a winner.

Rickson
02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Agreed. I think his defensive skills must really demoralize the players who think they're on top of a point against him, only to have him hang around and them switch to offense at the 1st opportunity and hit a winner.
With Federer, the tables can turn in an instant with his ability to chase down almost any ball then turn it into a winner. I remember the 04 PL Open when Agassi thought he had an easy volley winner on Federer to the deuce side, but Federer who was stretched out way past the ad side, ran down the ball and forced Agassi to pop up a defensive volley, then Federer put the ball away on a point that he should have lost.

VGP
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Guys, I like Federer as much as the next guy, but this is getting out of hand.

I'm getting the feeling that some autoerotic activites are going on when Fed matches come on TV.

Freedom
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
if d-i-c-k sucking was olympic sport, you guys would fill the podium

Maybe if we knew that he read these forums, and we said these things just so he would like us, then yes.

But that's not the case. Excuse us for discussing why the greatest tennis player in history is the way he is.

:rolleyes:

Tennis_Monk
02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
what makes federer so great?....well... what doesnt??

Virtuous
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Genes, hard work and self belief

Phil
02-13-2006, 07:17 PM
if d-i-c-k sucking was olympic sport, you guys would fill the podium

LMAO...dudero, I think you'll fit in nicely here.

Warriorroger
02-14-2006, 12:30 AM
His big feet, that makes me autoerotic

jamumafa
02-14-2006, 12:33 AM
His girlfriend

Mirka : Roger , you come here to hug me now!!!
Roger : *runs*

next day.....

AO Final : Roger Federer runs down a ball on match point with a sprinters speed.

case closed

jings
02-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Perhaps of more concern to the ATP in general is that he is still improving. In large part this is due to his ability to identify, neutralise and then attack opponents' games. His ability to execute (perhaps called confidence) has grown in tandem with his understanding of the players around him. If I was Roddick for example, I'd be very very depressed.

ssuHeartsRivald
02-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Roger is too good because he is blessed by a huge talent.
I think he is not so fast but his shot is absolutely to precise target.
His mentality is above par than others. You know, i think since roger've been being no.1 in the world he is a pacesetter from some players.

Hey, where's dudero post?
i think a new mod have reacted so fast. Wow, now they are 'deleting' not 'editing' anymore. But i still can see his post in another poster's picked up....so?????

go_nadal
02-14-2006, 01:53 AM
His mentality is above par than others. You know, i think since roger've been being no.1 in the world he is a pacesetter from some players.

Hey, where's dudero post?
i think a new mod have reacted so fast. Wow, now they are 'deleting' not 'editing' anymore. But i still can see his post in another poster's picked up....so?????
Yeh i was wondering that... Some people quoted what he said but his actual post isnt there...
Whats going on?

pound cat
02-14-2006, 04:44 AM
Genes, hard work and self belief

And court sense which not many players have. Baghdatis showed this recently. Borg?

Grimjack
02-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Genes, hard work and self beliefAnd court sense which not many players have.

...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

So that makes it: hard work, self belief, court sense, fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms. Anybody keeping track of this?

babbette
02-14-2006, 05:41 AM
He's the greatest ever as said in all his millions of threads:p

Rickson
02-14-2006, 07:08 AM

I disagree because Federer is extremely fast. I can think of a few points where any normal human being would have been out of the point, but Federer got to the ball and either kept the rally going or hit a winner. 04 Wimbledon, Grosjean hits a volley to Federer's deuce side while Federer was nowhere near the ball and just like what happened at Indian Wells against Agassi, Federer races to the ball, but unlike at Indian Wells where Federer needed one more shot to win the point, he hits a crosscourt winner on the run against a baffled Grosjean. If Federer isn't so fast as you claim, I'd like to see what fast really is.

jasonbourne
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Amidst his speed, shot-making and defense, he's a smarter player than most pros on tour.