PDA

View Full Version : Henman withdrew, anyone know why?

Max G.
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I was curious to see how he would do this week, he had a relatively straightforward draw, but he's been replaced by a lucky loser... anyone know what's going on with him?

raftermania
02-13-2006, 08:44 PM
depends, did he draw tursunov in the first round? ;)

hoosierbr
02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
He said on his website that his back stiffened up again while he was practicing his serve. He wants to do some more training to alleviate the problem.

Phil
02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
He said on his website that his back stiffened up again while he was practicing his serve. He wants to do some more training to alleviate the problem.

For Tim, there is no "straightforward" draw; he can lose to ANYONE and beat almost anyone (other than Federer).

Here it is from the Horse's Mouth:

Injured Henman to miss Marseille

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41325000/jpg/_41325620_henman_action_203.jpg Henman suffered back problems in Zagreb last week

Britain's Tim Henman has been forced to pull out of this week's Marseille Open because of a back problem.
"I wouldn't have been able to play at 100%. I'd rather not take the chance. I still hope I can play in Rotterdam next week," he said.
Henman, who suffered the injury in Zagreb last week, was due to face wild card Alexandre Sidorenko in round one.
Greg Rusedski will open his campaign against a qualifier while Andy Murray is in action at the San Jose Open.
Rusedski is playing his first event of the year following the birth of his first child while Murray will face Mardy Fish in the early hours of Tuesday morning, UK time, in California.
Marseille top seed Rafael Nadal, meanwhile, will play his first tennis of the year when he takes on the Belgian Olivier Rochus after recovering from a serious foot injury.
Nadal, making his first appearance since winning the Madrid Masters in October, is looking forward to recapturing the form that delivered such a sensational 2005 season. "I'm really happy to be here," said the 19-year-old Spaniard. "I've been out of the swing of things for a long time and I hope to get back into the rhythm with a few matches to regain my form."

legolas
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
depends, did he draw tursunov in the first round? ;)
mwahahaha

Max G.
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, okay, thanks everyone.

For Tim, there is no "straightforward" draw; he can lose to ANYONE and beat almost anyone (other than Federer).

Point taken ;)

I suppose a junior playing in his first ever tour match isn't really a straightforward draw anyway - rising juniors can be unpredictable... But still, it was a much better draw than it could have been.

ssuHeartsRivald
02-14-2006, 02:37 AM
poor henman.

denver82
02-14-2006, 03:29 AM

Actually, Henman has a winning record against Federer currently at 6-4.

Grimjack
02-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Actually, Henman has a winning record against Federer currently at 6-4.

Yet, as Phil (correctly, IMO) intimated, you'd have to be on the verge of brain death to believe Henman has a doughnut's chance in the Williams camp of ever beating him again. There hasn't been so much as a competitive set out of their last seven.

Henman, as a threat to Federer, is over.