PDA

View Full Version : How many consecutive slams for Federer?

Rickson
02-14-2006, 07:17 AM
We all know that Federer has won 3, and I think he can win the "Grand Slam" this year, so if he achieves this huge feat, he will have won 6 slams in a row. How many consecutive slams can Federer win?

babbette
02-14-2006, 08:13 AM
AO was it for this year.:)

oscar_2424
02-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I DONT THINK HE WILL WIN the french open

Pen Express
02-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I think that if Fed wants to win the Grand Slam, this is his year. Anyway... 7 or more.

Rickson
02-14-2006, 08:16 AM
This is so sad that we have so many doubters here. Roger won't just stop at the French, he'll go on to win all 4 slams this year.

Rabbit
02-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Doubters? Or realists? You said last year that Federer would win a Grand Slam prior to the Australian. After the Australian you said he would win the remaining three slams. After the French you said he would win the remaining two. I'm glad he did, or you'd have posted again.

You have to take off the Federer-colored glasses and realize that he ain't gonna win all of 'em.

Rickson
02-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Doubters? Or realists? You said last year that Federer would win a Grand Slam prior to the Australian. After the Australian you said he would win the remaining three slams. After the French you said he would win the remaining two. I'm glad he did, or you'd have posted again.

You have to take off the Federer-colored glasses and realize that he ain't gonna win all of 'em.
Of course you're gonna say that when you have a set of gut to lose.

bennieboi
02-14-2006, 06:15 PM
AO was it for this year.:)

fed's undefeated on grass, there's NO POSSIBLE WAY for someone to beat him at wimbledon. THe closest someone got to beating him was Keifer, who wasn't close at all, but got ONLY 1 set off of him. US Open, he still might have a chance. clay, unlikely if Nadal is healthy and fit, and if he still plays aggressive as always. You can guarentee fed will for sure win ATLEAST 2 slams this year.

VGP
02-14-2006, 06:25 PM
The rest of the year is a long time in tennis.

dmastous
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I have no doubt he will not win the French. I don't think he's even in the top 10 on clay. Well, maybe top 10, but not in the top 5. His slam streak ends in April, at the French.

DashaandSafin
02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
If he is going to win it all, this is his year to do it. Nadal is injured and everyone else is lacking confidence, Coria, Roddick etc etc.

ACE of Hearts
02-14-2006, 06:52 PM
As much as clay is not his best surface, to say he doesnt have a shot is ridiculous.I am sure he will be ready.Hopefully he takes some of these masters series events on clay leading up to the french open serious.It could help.

bennieboi
02-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I have no doubt he will not win the French. I don't think he's even in the top 10 on clay. Well, maybe top 10, but not in the top 5. His slam streak ends in April, at the French.

he's like the 2nd best on clay, is he not? His only losses were against Nadal, fed was also playing horribel that day at FO, but even if he was at his full potential, i doubt he could've beatin nadal, and other loss was Gasquet who he later beat in which he won straight sets. He should be atleast top 5 clay courters.

dmastous
02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
he's like the 2nd best on clay, is he not? His only losses were against Nadal, fed was also playing horribel that day at FO, but even if he was at his full potential, i doubt he could've beatin nadal, and other loss was Gasquet who he later beat in which he won straight sets. He should be atleast top 5 clay courters.
On clay I'll take:
Nadal
Nalbandian
Davydenko
Coria
Gaudio
Robrado

I would pick any one of these guys over Federer on clay.

Possibly;
Ferraro
Hrbaty

I would call these matches pick 'ems

Wild cards
Groesjean (been around awhile, knows his way around a clay court)
Bhagdatis (don't know what his clay court record is, but he is a wild card regardless)

I think I would pick Federer against these guys, but wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Groesjean at least. Bhagdadis would surprise me, but if he did beat Federer it would solidify his place (along with Nadal) as a real player on the tour.
There are also a lot of dirtdogs from Spain & South America who also could just wear Federer down in a five set match. It's a different world on clay.

DashaandSafin
02-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh cmon...you cannot be serious.
The only person i would actually bet money on against Roger on clay is Nadal.
Small bets on
Ferrero-Remeber he was the king of clay
Safin- A on Day could dismout Federer, clay is his fav surface
Coria- Maybe, just maybe

The others are almost not worth mentioning. Nalbandian hates clay. Davydenko cant beat Federer, ever. Same goes with Robrado. Gaudio wont unless Fed pulls a Coria. Hrbaty might...wait no. Unless he scares Federer off the court with this bra shirts.

Brettolius
02-15-2006, 04:56 AM
On clay I'll take:
Nadal
Nalbandian
Davydenko
Coria
Gaudio
Robrado

I would pick any one of these guys over Federer on clay.

Possibly;
Ferraro
Hrbaty

I would call these matches pick 'ems

Wild cards
Groesjean (been around awhile, knows his way around a clay court)
Bhagdatis (don't know what his clay court record is, but he is a wild card regardless)

I think I would pick Federer against these guys, but wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Groesjean at least. Bhagdadis would surprise me, but if he did beat Federer it would solidify his place (along with Nadal) as a real player on the tour.
There are also a lot of dirtdogs from Spain & South America who also could just wear Federer down in a five set match. It's a different world on clay.

Maybe you should go back and check the clay head to head between Fed and Coria. Fed owns him ON CLAY. Gaudio has long been punked by Fed, and Robredo has a pretty weak backhand, it would be a career day if he beat Fed, clay is his best surface, but still not gonna happen. Hrbaty on clay, that's a joke dude. He's one of the flattest hitters out there and would much prefer a faster court. I just don't see how a guy who has won the Hamburg masters on clay the past 2 years (beating Coria in the final) and was in the semi's of the French last year is not in the top 5 clay courters. At least in the top five if not the second best.

Brettolius
02-16-2006, 06:36 AM
I do think Nadal is in Fed's head a little bit though.

jgunnink
02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
If he wins the French and stays healthy, odds are good that he will win the Slam.

The French, however, is not a foregone conclusion.

chrismaylor
02-16-2006, 10:57 PM
If he can get by the French it is his, I think he can do it. He's put up good wins on clay he just needs to string a few together.

Christopher Maylor

http://www.********.com
Serendipity Shoe Lifts ~ Be Taller Now

ssuHeartsRivald
02-17-2006, 02:53 AM
The problem is just Roland Garros. Win it, he'll take all GS title in a row until AO'07. bombastic counting for sure but not impposible

baseliner
02-17-2006, 05:02 AM
String stops at 3. i do remember the predictions of the Grand Slam last year for Federer. He won't win Roland Garros. Even if he does, he is not odds on to complete the slam. Too many variables. Takes only one good palyer to have a hot day (see Safin at AO last year) to take Federer out. Is Federer the best player today by far? Of Course. Does that mean he will win the Grand Slam? Nope. My financial advice, scrape up all your loose change and go to Vegas and bet against Federer winning the Grand Slam.