PDA

View Full Version : Gael Monfils

BluDiamond
02-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Does he play Davis Cup for France?? Do you think he will be world number 1 in the future

ssuHeartsRivald
02-16-2006, 03:40 AM
nope. After federer, that's nadal who'll take the role.
Gasquet and murray have bigger chances than monfils.

sexmachine
02-16-2006, 03:44 AM
Don't think monfils will be number one but a good bet for top 20, maybe top ten.... As for nadal i don't think he'll take number 1....

ssuHeartsRivald
02-16-2006, 03:55 AM
i hv a big feeling that someday nadal will take no.1. No matter for how long but surely on the top. It can be happen either that during Fed's existence or not except he is overburdened with injury.

Queensryche
02-16-2006, 04:55 AM
I seriously feel Monfils is one insanely overrated player.

He aint THAT good.

Gasquet is far more talented in just about every respect when he is working in between the ears.

I think he is the superior french of the 2.

My 2 cents.

legolas
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
i dont think he'll be a top player, he'll hang in the top 100. but i think he'll just be a jobber

ACE of Hearts
02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I think he has alot of upside, i still think he might do more then Gasquet, just my opinion.We will see how his progress keeps going.

Mattle
02-16-2006, 12:18 PM
nope. After federer, that's nadal who'll take the role.
Gasquet and murray have bigger chances than monfils.

i wouldn't say so... none of them have really showed a lot yet.. and still they're telling the world: We're comming! but gasquet and murray haven't done more than monfils.. beside.. isn't monfils a little younger?

Grimjack
02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
i wouldn't say so... none of them have really showed a lot yet.. and still they're telling the world: We're comming! but gasquet and murray haven't done more than monfils.. beside.. isn't monfils a little younger?

Murray is the youngest of the three, Gasquet the oldest, but all three are separated in age by less than a year.

rfprse
02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
If Monfils can change his mentality/style to be a little more aggressive, top 10 seems possible. If he sticks to grinder mentality, a solid top 20.

ssuHeartsRivald
02-17-2006, 01:32 AM

18yrs old gasquet beat Federer in monte carlo'05. Just him and others 3 persons. Said that federer wasn't at the best in that match but what it took 18yrs kid to beat no.1... there must be something special from Gasquet. That monfils haven't done until now.

none of them have really showed a lot yet??
Well, Nadal have shown whatever he can do back to 2005 season (11 titles include RG...WOW). He brought in the anxious even to a man like Roger. i don't want to speculate that is ever Nadal can beat roger again, but i believe there's a chance to him to be on the top.

pero
02-17-2006, 02:27 AM
If Monfils can change his mentality/style to be a little more aggressive, top 10 seems possible. If he sticks to grinder mentality, a solid top 20.
agree ;)

BluDiamond
02-17-2006, 04:16 AM
i think gasquet will be number 1 and then nadal, berdych and monfils (not in that order)

baseliner
02-17-2006, 04:54 AM
NO! But he will have a better career than Scoville Jenkins. Of the young guns better than Jenkins and Murray. he and Gasquet are close but I give the nod to Gasquet (certainly based on results so far).

pound cat
02-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Monfils and Gasquet have just withdrawn from Rotterdam (site)