PDA

View Full Version : is it neecesary to do a 2-piece.....?

christian
06-13-2004, 03:15 PM
On my tour 95 the mians end at the throat. Is it necesarry to do a 2-piece or is it fine to do a 1-piece job from bottom to top.?

gmlasam
06-13-2004, 03:44 PM
On my tour 95 the mians end at the throat. Is it necesarry to do a 2-piece or is it fine to do a 1-piece job from bottom to top.?It's not necessary to do a two piece, but I believe its a much safer approach due to the fact you can start the crosses from top to the throat regardless where the mains are tied off. It is good practice to string crosses from top to throat. Stringing from throat to top can damage the racquet and deform it.

You can string single piece, but if the main ties off at the throat, you have to do ATW to ensure you start the crosses from the top. There are some peeps in here who knows how to string ATW that can help you.

This is why two piece is easier and safer in my opinion in the long run.

Mr. Sparkay
06-14-2004, 04:00 AM
I never had a problem going from bottom to top with this frame...usually do it two-piece, tho.

Gaines Hillix
06-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Wilson is the only company that says it's o.k. to string their frames bottom to top, AFAIK. I still prefer ATW or two pieces on these frames though.

goosala
07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
It seems that 2 piece stringing holds tension better. I guess I'm just picky about my stringing.

Steve Huff
07-23-2004, 06:32 PM
If done properly, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference in a 1-piece and a 2-piece based on how it plays.