PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Comparison

Jerry Seinfeld
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Hes anyone played with both the Touch Turbo and the Competition? If so, what are the differences in these strings. Please describe strengths and weaknesses. Compare and contrast if possible. Thanks in advance!

Jerry

tennisnoob
06-13-2004, 08:12 PM
I've tried Touch Turbo and I've found that its a tad too powerful for me, my guess is because its suppose to be a softer type of Poly Strings which is meant to be more arm friendly. I strung it at 59lbs with VS Team as Cross 64lbs, still I wasn't able to control it. And the string broke after about 2 hours of doubles match play, so durability isn't that good. Haven't tried competition though, have already switched back to Luxilon Alu Power Rough which I feel is still the best string for me, in terms of feel and durablity.

borisboris
06-14-2004, 06:53 AM
:D Don't know about the poster above - broke in 2 sets of dbls?? I switched to the TT from the SS a year ago. I love TT = arm friendly, power etc. The durability isn't a problem because it's a poly and you need to clip the poly well before they break or you'll be dissapointed in the later half of the strings life. TT holds tension quite well and will break just after losing it. The Comp is a crisp string that is stiffer and has more control but you really have to swing thru it to move the ball w/ pace. I like both - I guess it depends on how your hitting that day which will work best. Dead arm = go w/ TT feeling solid go w/ Comp. Good luck I would string down the Comp 3 lbs (60 to 57) & string up the TT (60 to 63) :twisted: :twisted:

Jerry Seinfeld
06-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Borisboris

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

christo
06-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Am getting some TT today. I have been playing with Comp 17g for about 3 months now and I love it. It doesn't go dead the way Lux strings do and has more feel. Best value on the market in my opinion

cheezecake
06-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Competition lasts a little longer than Touch Turbo. TT has more feel and is softer than Competition. Both has nice comtrol. Competition is better IMO because it is more firm and crisp feel.