PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: 4 Aeropro drive pluses (customized by RPNY for a current tour player)

johnathan smith
02-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I've got 4 Babolat Aeropro drive (pluses) with 1/4 grips (babolat grips run about a size large and these feel like regular 3/8 grips)
Racquets have been customized and matched by RPNY for a current ATP tour player (I bought them from him). They now weigh 345 grams. The racquets don't feel heavy at pickup, but have that "plow through the ball" feel of a much heavier frame. Racquets also have babolat leather grips as well.
All (4) frames are in great shape! 3 of them are currently strung with ALU Power 16g (one set is brand new) at 55 lbs.
Please check references under my name (johnathan smith) as I have been selling/buying frames on the TW classifieds since 1999.
If interested please email me for pics of the frames and for any questions you might have concerning them. I will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Again... please email, instead of posting questions on this thread, so I will be sure to answer your inquiry.

Will consider trades involving Prestige Classic 600 frames with 3/8 or 1/2 grips only.
Thanks, JWHTENNIS777@YAHOO.COM

johnathan smith
02-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Forgot to say that I also am throwing in a couple sets of Babolat (blue) over grip. It's kind of like tourn-grip, but it's made by Babolat.

PrestigeClassic
02-20-2006, 07:49 AM
If you really wanted a PC, did you ask this player if he had any spare PC's in 4 3/8? It's his preferred frame (again) and gripsize.

Babolat VS overgrip is unique and is nothing like Tourna Grip.

johnathan smith
02-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Checked with him before posting these and he doesn't right now (that he can part with) I got these from him a while back and have enjoyed them, but I've played with the PC for a while now and just like the feel of the racquets better. My elbow and shoulder likes them better as well.
Anything else I can help you with ?

Donnie Darko
02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
If you really wanted a PC, did you ask this player if he had any spare PC's in 4 3/8? It's his preferred frame (again) and gripsize.

Babolat VS overgrip is unique and is nothing like Tourna Grip.

Why are you attacking the guy for trying to sell some racquets here?

Whether he asked someone else for a PC is none of your business.

Babolat makes a few different overgrips. One of them that I have used is sort of like Tourna Grip......key phrase being "sort of"..........which is how it was described in the for sale post. He's not mis-representing anything and oh by the way, he's throwing the overgips in for FREE.

johnathan smith
02-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey thanks Donnie,
That was kind of "******-baggian" of him, but it sure hasn't stopped the sale of the frames. As of now only one frame is still available.
125.00 shipped in the cont. US.

PrestigeClassic
02-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Why are you attacking the guy for trying to sell some racquets here?

Whether he asked someone else for a PC is none of your business.

Babolat makes a few different overgrips. One of them that I have used is sort of like Tourna Grip......key phrase being "sort of"..........which is how it was described in the for sale post. He's not mis-representing anything and oh by the way, he's throwing the overgips in for FREE.

Wow! It's time to buy the frames with the free overgrips.

I guess with your logic, why I "attacked" the guy is none of your business either.

At any rate, according to the board here, he's been involved in more than his share of imature scumbag deals in the past.

johnathan smith
02-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Prestige:
Would you care to qualify these statements you are making about me? I would love to see any mention (ANYWHERE) about a scumbag deal that I have been involved with. Any references or posts that you would like to share with everyone?

Richie Rich
02-25-2006, 05:22 AM
strange that you have only one frame left when it looks like you are selling 2 of them on the big site. co-incidence?

item # (deleted due to tw rules)

johnathan smith
02-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Please note: that as of today (the day I am writing this feb-25) that a buyer for 1 of my frames backed out, so I listed my remaining 2 racquets on the auction site. Since they are listed there, I obviously cannot sale the remaining 2 here, unless they end with no bids.
Thanks, JS

jackson vile
02-25-2006, 08:07 AM
I would like to know what the specs are of these rackets

johnathan smith
02-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I don't find it strange at all Richie, and I hope by now that you don't either. Please remember, that when you post something in the for sale section that it could take as long as 24 hours for the post to show up. During that time people can change their minds and backout on deals. When I posted that I only had 1 left, I really only had 1 left (at the time) and then the other guy backed out. The other 2 "sold" frames went out in the mail yesterday. I now have 2 remaining and as you have posted they are on e-bay. I thought I made that perfectly clear in the auction by stating it TWICE AND USING ALL CAPS TO SAY IT.
Thanks, JS

tennis_nerd22
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
sigh, who to believe who to believe... :|

oh well i wasnt going to buy one anyways

johnathan smith
02-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Problem has been resolved and my good name has been vindicated. Please chekc out the refs section and I appreciate all of you who helped out.
I also appreciate Richie Rich and Prestige Classic for correcting their mistake.
They had me mixed up with Johnathan Crossley.
thanks, JS