PDA

View Full Version : Clement soon to be top 10?

DashaandSafin
02-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I dont know wheter or not to slap a spoiler on this one becuase i doubt anyone recorded the match.

Anyway Clement shows promise!!111111!!!!:p Soon, with wins over Nadal and other players, he will be TOP 10 and TAKE THE THRONE of Roger Federer!!!!111!!!

Psh, just like Baghdatis huh guys;)

babbette
02-18-2006, 01:27 PM
He was just lucky today:p Nadal was playing great in the first set taking it 6-2 and showing signs of the Nadal we know. I'm not blaming the wasp but, after the wasp bit Nadal his game went downhill. Clement was lucky today.

pro_staff
02-18-2006, 01:30 PM
wow i'm watching that right now. thanks for spoiling it. :) jk

Dan007
02-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Clement did play well today, but he got lucky during this tournament so far.

splink779
02-18-2006, 02:53 PM
He is like a poor man's Grosjean, which, no offense to Grosjean hes great, is not saying much. He's aging. Hes a great doubles player, but mediocre singles player.

8PAQ
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
He was just lucky today:p Nadal was playing great in the first set taking it 6-2 and showing signs of the Nadal we know. I'm not blaming the wasp but, after the wasp bit Nadal his game went downhill. Clement was lucky today.

It was Nadal who got lucky this tournament. His draw was unbelivable. He actually could have won this tournament without playing anyone in top 20!
Compare to who Ancic had to play so far to get to the final:

1st round: Baghdatic
3rd round: Ljiubicic
4th round: Grosjean

All of them way better than anyone Nadal faced.

VamosRafa
02-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Anytime Rafa wins something, it's because he had a great draw. Whenever he loses something, it's because the guy he faced is amazing and is going to move into the Top 10 at any moment. *rollseyes*

Clement is playing before his home crowd -- literally. He played great tennis today, and has throughout the event. He could very well win it.

But he's almost 10 years older than Rafa, and the fact that he considers this win among the top 5 best of his career says a lot about his career. And it says a lot about his opinion of Rafa.

ACE of Hearts
02-18-2006, 03:24 PM
It was a well deserved win for Clement!This stung by a bee crap is ridiculous as an excuse:mrgreen:

yo_3133
02-18-2006, 04:23 PM
I dont know wheter or not to slap a spoiler on this one becuase i doubt anyone recorded the match.

Anyway Clement shows promise!!111111!!!!:p Soon, with wins over Nadal and other players, he will be TOP 10 and TAKE THE THRONE of Roger Federer!!!!111!!!

yeah, and i will win wimbledon this year and beat fed 3 sets to 0 in the final lol

Grinder
02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Clement has already been in the top 10 several years ago. lol.

I saw the match, he outplayed Nadal and played brilliantly. Didn't think he had it in him.

splink779
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
It was a well deserved win for Clement!This stung by a bee crap is ridiculous as an excuse:mrgreen:

Nobody except the press is using this as an excuse from what I gathered. Although bees scare the crap out of me.

VamosRafa
02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Nobody except the press is using this as an excuse from what I gathered. Although bees scare the crap out of me.

Had nothing to do with the bee, along the "stung" part of it made for good copy.

I agree that Clement deserved the win -- Rafa said that, too. But in the last two sets, Arnaud played about the best I have ever seen him play -- and Rafa hung with him for the most part. So I think it's good news for both players.

Noelle
02-18-2006, 05:13 PM
I think D&S was being facetious. :)

rfprse
02-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Anyway Clement shows promise!!111111!!!! Soon, with wins over Nadal and other players, he will be TOP 10 and TAKE THE THRONE of Roger Federer!!!!111!!!

You didn't used the word "god" this time. Maybe, you should have used it to make your intention clearer...? ;)

Deuce
02-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Well, if you 'don't know' whether or not to add 'Spoiler', what is the reason for not adding it? It takes less than 2 seconds to type.

Don't assume that no-one has recorded the match - you don't have the right to assume that. How could you possibly know?

And, by the way, just because someone beats a top 10 player once does not mean that that player is destined to be in the top 10. Clement's best days are well behind him - he'd likely tell you that himself. He's been around quite a while.

Andy Hewitt
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Absolutely not.

West Coast Ace
02-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Top 10? Only if he gets a s*x change...

arosen
02-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Top 10? Only if he gets a s*x change...

Nah, rumor has it, he digs the ladies big time.

DashaandSafin
02-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Jeez. Guys. I thought it would be a little more obvious that i was making fun of all those threads saying that players who beat top 5 players were going to be in the top 10 soon....only Noelle understood the thread.
I can understand if your new...oh well. Most of you must have skipped my Marcos is god thread then ;).

Srichafan
02-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Clement looks menacing after he played very good in Marseille.Soon I think he will be one of the best tennis players in the world and France No 1. player.