PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Classic routed by Head S6

thatballwas_IN
06-14-2004, 05:30 AM
I was not having a good day, and my strings were shot....
BUT
I was just beaten badly by a guy 20years older than me using a 112" 27.75" 8oz club. :shock: I thought before the match that my heavy shots were going to twist his racquet around in his hand, but he didnt seem to have any problem with the pace of my shots.

He was obviously a serious doubles player and would slice everything and draw me into mid court to diminish my ability to bang from the baseline. I admit to not knowing what to do with low balls from midcourt, and somehow this guy figured out that weakness pretty quickly.

Anyway, I have to credit his skill but I guess some of these new sticks aren't so bad. He had surprising control and was able to place balls into the corner too.

I am going to get a rematch to try to reclaim some pride, but wanted to share my embarassment so y'all could have a good guffaw. I was beaten earlier that day by another older chap using an older Twin Tube Radical which wasn't that bad... but an S6!!!! I thought that was for the retirement home only.

Should I hang it up altogether? :oops:

Ronaldo
06-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Nah, chip and charge

El Diablo
06-14-2004, 06:04 AM
No....you should be pleased to know that 20 years from now you can be pushing kids around the court too as long as you're open minded about equipment and strategy.

Steve H.
06-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Don't hang it up or be embarrassed, just evaluate what you can learn from the experience:

(1) racquet technology has evolved to the point that it's pretty hard to overpower anybody just with heavy shots, you can do better with good placement and understanding your opponent's strengths and weaknesses

(2) the best racquet for any player is the one that will help him make the shots he wants

(3) age and guile will always triumph over youth and talent :lol: