PDA

View Full Version : sharapova is smokin hott in si

coach
02-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm guessing Serena WON'T be in this years as she has been in the past. Tennis has a fine tradition of female tennis players in the swimsuit issue, anybody remember Steffi Graf from a few years back... surprisingly nice.

Andy Hewitt
02-10-2006, 10:24 PM
proof???

You just conjured up memories of that serena picture thread a while back.... uuuughhhh

DaveGrable
02-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Kanye West has a more feminine physique than Serena. Maybe they'll get him to pose in a bikini..... ewwww! George Bush doesn't like women who look like men. What a prolific statement.

Seriously though, it will be nice to see the beautiful and graceful Sharapova showing off her feminine physique in the SI SSI.

superman1
02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Sharapova has a feminine physique? She has broad shoulders and a skinny lanky frame.

However, I will still treasure any revealing pictures and frame them.

pound cat
02-11-2006, 04:08 AM
That will help her recently lousy tennis.

coach
02-11-2006, 06:38 AM
proof???

Andy, you wanted proof of Steffi Graf in SI-- click on this link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/collection/athletes/steffi_graf.html

and here's a few of Anna K http://media.cnnsi.com/swimsuit/collection/athletes/anna_kournikova.html

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm underwhelmed.

fishuuuuu
02-11-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm underwhelmed.

It's okay, we're all disappointed with Serena.

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 11:02 AM
It's okay, we're all disappointed with Serena.

OK enough with the Serena bashing every time I say something about another woman player. It's really getting old. This thread is about MS, try to stay focused.

fishuuuuu
02-11-2006, 11:21 AM
OK enough with the Serena bashing every time I say something about another woman player. It's really getting old. This thread is about MS, try to stay focused.

And this is coming from you? Since this is the case should I start a thread to bash her? Am I even bashing her? Not really, you need to relax a bit.

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 11:22 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/collection/issues/2005/05_vwilliams_01.html

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 11:25 AM
And this is coming from you? Since this is the case should I start a thread to bash her? Am I even bashing her? Not really, you need to relax a bit.

Oh gee golly gosh, I guess you were really complimenting Serena in your last post. I'm ever so sorry, I read it completely wrong. I'll certainly take your advice and relax.

Ronaldo
02-11-2006, 01:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/collection/issues/2005/05_vwilliams_01.html
Never knew Venus was in SI.

Mr.Federer
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
So what if anyone bashes the Williams sisters? This is a forum, people are allowed to write what they want and bash anybody as long as it's somehow related to tennis.

Kaptain Karl
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Shriekapova in a swimsuit pose??? SI's trying to capture the Jr. High Boys and Dirty Old Man demographic? Geez!

- KK

grind
02-11-2006, 04:17 PM
You got my attention. SI's photos of Steffi were outstanding. I bet Maria's will be extremely flattering. The bottom line is this: to have top female tennis players consistently viewed as among the most beautiful girls/atheletes in the world is an affirmation of our asthetic and sporting taste, as well as a terrific reminder that tennis stands alone as a beautiful game.

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Never knew Venus was in SI.

I never knew it either. Damn, those legs just never end.

equinox
02-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm sure SI will photoshop a boob enhancement onto sharapova's body.

goober
02-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Shriekapova in a swimsuit pose??? SI's trying to capture the Jr. High Boys and Dirty Old Man demographic? Geez!

- KK

So does that mean you and your boys tennis team are going to be first in line to get copies? :D

/Just kidding... scampers away

Kaptain Karl
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
So does that mean you and your boys tennis team are going to be first in line to get copies?Doooh!!!!

- KK

superman1
02-12-2006, 11:18 PM
How dare you make a post like this and not have a picture to go with it. When this week is this issue coming out?

sandiegotennisboy
02-12-2006, 11:57 PM
sharapova's build looks like my grandma's mumu in the hanger.

she's really not that pretty in the face either. when she wears that caked on makeup she looks like a siberian mail-order bride.

Brettolius
02-13-2006, 05:41 AM

she's really not that pretty in the face either. when she wears that caked on makeup she looks like a siberian mail-order bride.

I bet you wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers though, eh?

progman_2000
02-13-2006, 06:30 AM
How dare you make a post like this and not have a picture to go with it. When this week is this issue coming out?

According to their website, due to be released Feb. 14th - Happy Valentines Day to me!

vllockhart
02-13-2006, 06:32 AM

LMAOOOOO. Ouch.

156MPHserve
02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I was watching ET, and they showed video footage of her shoot. Sharapova looked GREAT! I'm just sad I didn't tape it.

West Coast Ace
02-13-2006, 06:18 PM
she's really not that pretty in the face either. when she wears that caked on makeup she looks like a siberian mail-order bride.Got crack?

Tennis Boy, just say no to drugs... they're not going to help your backhand.

Misiti99
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Venus and Serena are both hideous i wouldnt touch them with a ten foot pole- so tey should be out of sports illustrated...gross...

DashaandSafin
02-13-2006, 06:45 PM
None of the tennis stars that they have put in the SI Swimsuit have been hot except for Anna K.
Steffi Graff- Are you kidding me? That butterface
S. Williams + V. Williams- i think there are still snickers on campus after thier last photo shoot.
Sharapova- Not so hot face, not so hot frame. Just another blonde that is has overrated looks becuase...well she is blonde.

Freedom
02-13-2006, 07:16 PM

I'm not really sure what that means...but I'm pretty sure I don't want to know...

Sharapova isn't unattractive, but some photos are less than flattering.

Some of those Steffi pics weren't bad.

@ Serena Williams: YOU ARE NOT A MODEL!

legolas
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Kanye West has a more feminine physique than Serena. Maybe they'll get him to pose in a bikini..... ewwww! George Bush doesn't like women who look like men. What a prolific statement.

Seriously though, it will be nice to see the beautiful and graceful Sharapova showing off her feminine physique in the SI SSI.
LOL

Princegod
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
She doesn't look too shabby from here. :)

[..Cues Police music:]

Roxanne...You don't have to put on the red light...

http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Maria-Sharapova-wallpaper/Maria_Sharapova_3.jpg
http://www.streepstreet.com/img-2005/ero%20gallery%2007-7%20maria%20sharapova%2019.jpg

yoww!

ThunderServe
02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Look at that ***, heavenly.

ThunderServe
02-14-2006, 08:20 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/athletes/

progman_2000
02-14-2006, 08:22 AM
excellet link - wheres the poster that said MS looks like grandma in a mumu?

raftermania
02-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Finally! A rumour on this board is proven true! Thanks Thunderserve!

yourserve
02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
thunderserve, you are my new hero...

phidias barrios
02-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Sharapova has a feminine physique? She has broad shoulders and a skinny lanky frame.

IMO Sharapova is a hottie. Her face doesn't look as boy-ish as most people say. I would label her frame as svelt not lanky, there's a difference. Also, her legs kill. And her jugs are supple, not flat.

Oddly, I find her more attractive when she's wearing tennis gear. Her model pics, like the ones Princegod posted, aren't very flattering.

rilokiley
02-14-2006, 10:47 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/features/2006_swimsuit/images/gallery/photos/06_msharapova_17.jpg
She's alright.:neutral:

Moose Malloy
02-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Her body is defintely not as good as Anna K. I see cellulite(and creative poses to hide the cellulite-you see that with some celebrities in Maxim, etc)
Anna had great abs & an *** you could bounce quarters off of.
Maria needs to hit the gym to get more toned.

bc-05
02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
her face is pretty on that pic.. maybe she needs to wear make up often!

BiGGieStuFF
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Her body is defintely not as good as Anna K. I see cellulite(and creative poses to hide the cellulite-you see that with some celebrities in Maxim, etc)

If that is fat and cellulite, then give it to me. I don't mind at all :).

I believe what draws me to her is just the total package. beauty and talent. It's just nice to know that she can trounce me like nobody's business yet look good doing it.

oscar_2424
02-14-2006, 11:20 AM

You have to be kidding!

Moose Malloy
02-14-2006, 11:35 AM
You have to be kidding!

Do you honestly think Maria's body is anywhere near the quality of Anna K's?
Check out that swimsuit bottom, they look like granny panties.
I can understand people not thinking Anna was anything special face-wise, but her body was/is phenomenal. Somebody provide some links to Anna's swimsuit picsso we can do a side-by-side comparison:)

phidias barrios
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Look at the SI pic directly above your post! You can bounce quarters off that all day.

chess9
02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
These tennis girls are all out of shape. Do I need to post pics of some of the top female triathletes? :)
Please, don't make me. :)
But, Shriekapova is very hot....She could share my bed any day. Ha!

EDIT: OK. Since you insist on seeing the goods. Here's a link to some of the hottest female athletes in the world, including Shriekapova:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=179076;page=1;sb =post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

-Robert
________
Coach purses (http://icoachhandbags.com/)

phidias barrios
02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Check out that swimsuit bottom, they look like granny panties.

Granny panties? You're like that guy from Shallow Hal, dumping on hot girls because of tiny imperfections. There's nothing wrong with those bottoms either. Maybe you need to take a trip to Brokeback mountain.

Moose Malloy
02-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Granny panties? You're like that guy from Shallow Hal, dumping on hot girls because of tiny imperfections. There's nothing wrong with those bottoms either. Maybe you need to take a trip to Brokeback mountai

Heh, heh. Maybe I was too harsh, but I do find it baffling that Sharapova is a worldwide sex symbol. I was talking with my friend Hal(not a tennis fan in the least) He too is baffled by the fact that Sharapova is a sex symbol. We concluded that she is one because most female tennis players look like Conchita Martinez. Therefore, she looks a lot hotter than she really is.
But, I was serious about Anna K having a much better body. I really can't see how anyone would think otherwise. She wore a thong in many pics in SI/Maxim etc. I don't think Maria could/would wear those outfits at all.

austro
02-14-2006, 12:00 PM
hhhmm, is it the angular face? The dreary eyes? The broad shoulders and the flat chest? The wide hips? Or is it her vulgar accent, her shrieking on the court and her whole demeanour? I just can't make up my mind... I only know she is butt-ugly and entirely undesirable!

DashaandSafin
02-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Ok. I retract what i said before. She does look good if she puts on makeup yadda yadda. However, she lacks that auroa of natural beauty.

Grigollif1
02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
You guys are Joking.... She is a gorgeus women specimen! and I am from Brazil I'm accostumed to seeing some natural beuties...;)

Brettolius
02-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I can understand if you don't find her "your type". Butt ugly? C'mon now, any way you cut it she isn't butt ugly, not by a long shot. Surely you can see that she is an attractive person by any standards. Kuznetsova is butt ugly and there is no two ways about it. They are in no way similar in looks at all.

Grigollif1
02-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I know you guys must have heard this before but, Maria reminds me a lot of that actress Kirsten Dunst, with the doll's face...

armand
02-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Top tennis players almost never have model like bodies. Yes, perhaps Kournikova looked better or whatever, but that difference can be easily explained by comparing their on court achievements. Maria's body is more functional than Anna's!
[someone should make a poll: Maria vs. Anna]

Gatsby007
02-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Guys,
Rationally speaking it's not even up for debate. Anna K was BY FAR the hottest tennis player ever. She is hot compared to top Hollywood beauty. Her body stacks up against just about anybodys (naturally)
Sharapova is certainly an attractive girl, but is she onw of the hottest women in the world? NO, not even close. She wouldn't be top 10 of the girls I have dated in the past 2 years (really).
Nor would she be anything more than an attractive young girl, if she wasn't a mega-superstar tennis player. One thing for sure, Maria is the hottest (best) tennis player in the world (maybe ever) if that makes any sense at all.

vllockhart
02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Look at that ***, heavenly.

Anyone notice that in every pose they have her sticking her butt out to accentuate it?

Nice pics tho.

Brettolius
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Well if there was any way to suck your butt in, then I'm sure they woulda had your girl Serena doing just that. You really can have too much of a good thing, in this case to the point where the bottom half and the top half look like they belong to two seperate people.

phidias barrios
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
hhhmm, is it the angular face? The dreary eyes? The broad shoulders and the flat chest? The wide hips? Or is it her vulgar accent, her shrieking on the court and her whole demeanour? I just can't make up my mind... I only know she is butt-ugly and entirely undesirable!

Damn, I can nitpick with the best of them but you have me beat. Like I told Moose Malloy, check out that SI pick. I know she's probably airbrushed to hell but those hips don't look wide. And her shoulders look fine to me. You might have a point about the dreary eyes though. Her accent and demeanor are irrelevant because her personality is not the issue, just her physical appearance.

Kaptain Karl
02-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Thunderserve - She still looks like she's "playing dress up" in those pics. Tell her to come back when she's a woman.

(The first two just looked ... trashy.)

- KK

kbg
02-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Is that the best they can make her look? I don't get why Sharapova is such a sex symbol, girls like Ana Ivanovic, Dani Hantuchova and Maria Kirilenko blow her out of the water any day. Put Ana Ivanovic in a swimsuit and she could pass for those Adriana Lima/Ana Beatriz Barros types.

Brettolius
02-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Thunderserve - She still looks like she's "playing dress up" in those pics. Tell her to come back when she's a woman.

(The first two just looked ... trashy.)

- KK
Daddy like trashy.

Grigollif1
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Damn, some of you guys are way to Picky! Ana Ivanovic who? Maria Karalenko who? She is in the SI because she has been in the top of women's game for the last 3 years Plus, she is great looking Athlete. If it was just by the Looks, Stefffi Graf would have never being in it. Some other guy really me Laugh by saying that Sharapova Wouldn't be in the top 10 Girls that he dated for the last 2 years.... Okay Playboy! :cool: and you are Brad Pitt right...

austro
02-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I have to side with the guy with the date stats. I mean, what waters are you people fishing in? Almost any Russian you-know-what looks better than Sharapova. I am sorry I cannot find a single desirable trait on her. Her tennis of course is a different matter, although I find the shrieks quite off-putting too. I certainly have not dated a girl as bad looking as her and I am no Adonis either.

As for the Brazilian, you of all people should know what beauty looks like. It comes by the bus-load in Brazil! But Sharapova?? Or is it just because she is blond? Then it's time for you to spend some quality time in Floripa!

armand
02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, all I can say is, as long as I have a face, she has a place to sit.LOL, nice one.
Anyway, here's an exclusive shot from SI Extra:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/Maria.jpg

norcal
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Tell her to come back when she's a woman.- KK
What's the saying about a carpenter's dream?

superman1
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
22 amazing pictures. I was expecting one or two. :cool:

HookEmJeff
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM

Dude, you are seriously high. Cellulite? She's a rail. There's no cellulite. That might be your cataracts acting up.

I'm not saying she's better than Anna K, but this is borderline insanity. To each their own, but damn dude.

Jeff

raven5288
02-14-2006, 08:41 PM
god she has some legs......

superman1
02-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Anyone who is critical of Sharapova's looks needs to get their eyes plucked out and replaced. She's not the hottest woman out there, but she's not supposed to be, she's not a model or an actress. For a tennis player, she is HOT. There aren't that many great looking female tennis players, she's one of the few.

spaghettiman
02-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Wow....that's just wonderful!

legolas
02-14-2006, 11:01 PM
whoa, steffi is so so so sexy

ThunderServe
02-15-2006, 06:23 AM

Oh my god you must be gay.

Rumjungle
02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Oh my god you must be gay.

LMAO! Good one!:D

It never fails to surprise me how picky some people get when talking about women who are unattainable to them.:p

phidias barrios
02-15-2006, 08:44 AM
LMAO! Good one!:D

It never fails to surprise me how picky some people get when talking about women who are unattainable to them.:p

I lot of it has to do with jealousy and resentment. Most of these guys who are hyper-critical, including myself, know that these women are unattainable. Consequently, we just rip them apart to make ourselves feel better.

chlorine
02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
LOL, nice one.
Anyway, here's an exclusive shot from SI Extra:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/Maria.jpg

care to post the other 3 exclusive shots? many thanks.

armand
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
They're not that great but here's anyway
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/06_extra06_msharapova_03.jpg
exclusive my ***! Bad pic!
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/06_extra06_msharapova_04.jpgmeh
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/06_extra06_msharapova_01.jpgthat's better!(tho it's more of the same)
Anyone notice that all her bathing suits of a polka dot theme? I sure as hell didn't!(only realized when they mentioned it in the video)

EDIT: Oh there was a good line in the issue that went something like: Sharapova has won tournaments at Wimbledon on grass, claycourts and hard courts. But her best surface may be sand.

Chopin
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey--at least she looks healthy and not sickly skinny

equinox
02-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Maria has been airbrushed up the wazoo.

Kaptain Karl
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Who would ever let their wazoo be brushed just for a silly photograph? And isn't it supposed to be covered to, um, keep the pic ... "clean"???

- KK

Aonex
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Great looking photos. Looks like the transformation to be the next Anna is complete.

MagicMT
02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
looks good from the stomach and below only

raftermania
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Adely, you're my hero, thanks.

Grigollif1
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
looks good from the stomach and below only

hahaha.... I take the whole deal buddy...

Mugatu
02-15-2006, 11:31 PM
check out: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/athletes/

hot

superman1
02-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Bad pics? Those are...amazing.

Grimjack
02-16-2006, 04:28 AM
She mostly looks pretty great, though I wish that whoever did her makeup hadn't been on a goth kick at the time. Her eyes have a little of that "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" thing going for them, and for a light-haired, fair-skinned beauty, that doesn't really cut it.

Dan007
02-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I found these two very good videos of her during the photo shoot but can't seem to get the link on this page.

Rumjungle
02-17-2006, 09:21 AM
I've got one:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Sharapova-Swimsuit--Sports-Illustrated?v=ikt1VEhV790&feature=Views&page=2&t=t&f=b

safin_protege
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Great posts so far :)

Donnie Darko
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM

That's a man, baby!

Jet Rink
02-17-2006, 03:27 PM

Not sure I get the point here...:cool:

Jet

Jess
02-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I purchased the Sports Illustrated SwimSuit Edition earlier today and I thought I'd try sharing one of Shar's photos.

Here's my favorite of her few spreads:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/thelimejello/shar1smaller.jpg
Shar's ridiculously beautiful, as usual, and I have to admit, never have I seen such wonderful use of 6 feet of legs on anyone, lol.

Tennis_Nickmo
02-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Just wondering, why do they have to wear swimsuits? :) I'm sure a different kind of edition would be greatly appreciated ;) (except in Serenas case)

Tennis_Nickmo
02-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Her breasts look great in most of the photos, bit bigger than usual. Saying that, she looks great anyway all of the time, no matter what her breasts are like. Pity we can't see more...

armand
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Here's my 2 favoutrite shots of Maria Sharapova from her recent Sports Illustrated Swimwear shoot:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/fav2.3.jpg
Why yes Maria, I am the highly suggestible type...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4833/1305/1600/Maria%20ala%20Elsa.jpg
Maria! Don't undress me with your eyes like that; that's rude!

kytennis
02-18-2006, 08:49 PM
god she looks fab-o-u-lous! anyone agree?but molly sims is the winner in the hottest si model in 06 in my book!

ACE of Hearts
02-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Rule number 1, pics?:mrgreen:

West Coast Ace
02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Great looking photos. Looks like the transformation to be the next Anna is complete.Did they take back all Maria's tournament wins? What year did Anna win Wimbledon? I must have missed that one.

Thanks Adely for posting the pics.

legolas
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
maria is hot, she is just so damn tall

West Coast Ace
02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Where could you find them?They were published in the US version of GQ magazine 3 or 4 yrs ago - when she had real long hair and was just appearing on the WTA radar screen. I tried to do a Google search previously and couldn't find them. There was some controversy - I believe the photographer tried to sell some of the pictures that didn't make the magazine and showed a lot more skin.

Maria looks fantastic - the watch looks somewhat stupid with a bikini but I have a feeling her sponsor makes her wear it at all times - surprised she wasn't holding her pink Razr too.

Jess
02-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Maria looks fantastic - the watch looks somewhat stupid with a bikini but I have a feeling her sponsor makes her wear it at all times - surprised she wasn't holding her pink Razr too.
Lol, yeah I noticed the same thing too. The watch looks too bulky on her as it is, much less at a swimsuit photoshoot. Most of her swimsuits were Nike, if I'm not mistaken. Not all of them were great, but then again, I think Shar could make a potato sack look gorgeous.