PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Boron Pro

Kick Serve
06-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Anyone know the specs of this old racquet? I just picked one up really cheap off of e-bay. I haven't received it yet, but I'm really curious to find out how it plays. It looks very similar to the Prince Boron with the two stabilizing bars in the throat. Have any of you guys ever played with this racquet?

Kick Serve
06-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I guess no has heard of it. Here's a picture of the racquet if you're curious. Maybe it'll jog someone's memory...

http://i4.****img.com/02/i/01/f0/25/f0_1.JPG

galain
06-15-2004, 06:33 AM
I was under the impression that Wimbledon racquets were Prince knock offs anyway? Maybe it's just a Price Boron with a paintjob!?

joe sch
06-15-2004, 07:55 AM
I was under the impression that Wimbledon racquets were Prince knock offs anyway? I believe this is true and as such, the specs were attempted to be pretty closely matched to offer a cheaper alternative to the popular model :wink:

Bhagi Katbamna
06-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Later though they introduced the HM 88 and HM 98 which were really good rackets.

kooyah
06-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Have any of you guys ever played with this racquet?

I had hit with the Prince Boron years ago, not the Wimbledon racquet. All I can remember of the Prince was it was light and very unstable. I couldn't understand why anyone would hit with it instead of the POG because the Boron was pretty damn expensive.