PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel Open in Vegas next week

West Coast Ace
02-18-2006, 11:48 PM
I just got back from Vegas - pretty cold and windy, even at 2PM - and here's the 5 day forecast:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNV0040.html

While I'm all for Vegas getting a tournament, late Feb probably isn't the best time for it. I wouldn't want to be playing or in the crowd. I'm sure Steve will put his best spin on it. I wonder if the sports books will have an Over/Under for how many times he asks fans to call their cable and satellite providers to pick up his channel.

Edit - oops, week after next...

vegasgt3
02-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Weather should be perfect high 50's to low 70's

Fee
02-20-2006, 01:20 PM
The night sessions for that tournament will be brutal...

joe sch
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Winter season in the dessert is usually the best time of the year for outdoor activities unless a storm is blowing thru. Most of the year, its too hot except for the morning and night, to play a competitive tennis match.

goober
02-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Winter season in the dessert is usually the best time of the year for outdoor activities unless a storm is blowing thru. Most of the year, its too hot except for the morning and night, to play a competitive tennis match.

Living in the desert I would have to disagree. I would say the best time would be March/early April and October/early November. It is not too hot at these times and it is not too cold at night. Winter is not a bad time, however you often get rain (except for this year) and the temperature at night can drop pretty low.

West Coast Ace
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Goober, I agree - early spring and late fall are awesome in Vegas. If this tournament were a month from now, it would be great. I foresee a lot of broken strings and very cold fans.

tkramer15
02-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I wondered when I heard about the move from Scottsdale to Las Vegas. I can even remember some weather issues in Scottsdale a few years ago. Most of the time it was gorgeous there, but one year it was really cold and they had a lot of rain. Players and fans were bundled up. And Las Vegas, being further north, will probably be cooler and more iffy.