PDA

View Full Version : New stringer 1 piece or 2?

iradical18
06-14-2004, 08:40 AM
I just ordered my Klippermate stringing machine, and ill be stringing my I.radical on it, it has 8 grommet holes in the throat so am i supposed to do a 1 piece or 2 piece, and ive also heard that doing 2 piece is safer.

Gaines Hillix
06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
irad, for a beginner, doing a 2 piece job is probably easier to manage. There is less string to handle, no measuring for the shortside(just cut the set of string in half), no worry about having to string around the world if the mains end at the throat. The only real disadvantage is that there are more knots to tie(4 versus 2) and the first knot on the crosses should be a starting knot. Of course, you have to use two pieces if you're going to do a hybrid of different string types.

Ken Sachar
06-15-2004, 04:58 AM
iradical18

Number of holes in throat just determines where string starts (4,8,12 = start at head). Regardless of where it starts, you can use 1 (atw if mains end at throat) or 2 piece string job.

Good luck on first racquet!

Ken

PHSTennis
06-21-2004, 11:37 PM
LOL I go 2 piece no matter what... its much easier... I started with 2 piece also..

Steve Huff
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
The most difficult part of stringing an iRad with 2 pieces is that you're going to block some holes at the throat, and they're going to be pretty hard to get the last few crosses through. By stringing an around the world pattern, you can make it a lot easier. But, using 2 pieces is easier to work with since you don't have so much string to work with.