PDA

View Full Version : Thigh Strain Knocks Nadal Out Of Rotterdam

8PAQ
02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14781&bannerregion=

I hope he plays in Dubai.

DashaandSafin
02-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Ow...
Although I am not a big Nadal fan, i love watching him play against someone, anyone. The feeling of helplesness for the other person due to Nadal's speed and determination is fun to watch.

rod99
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
seems very injury prone for someone so young. he's going to have to modify his game somewhat or he's going to be done by the time he's 25. he's going to have to improve his serve to get free points and work on getting the ball deeper so he won't have to do so much running.

VamosRafa
02-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I think it's precautionary and perhaps a bit strategic. I don't think his team expected him to get past one or two matches in Marseille, and since he did, they don't want him to do well in Rotterdam, and as a result, have to bypass Dubai, or even worse, IW or Miami. They know he has to pace himself, and this likely is a start.

jings
02-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't get that at all. After the lay off he's had he surely needs matches under his belt to knock the rust off. He's had 3-4 months to plan his way back and after the first week he's changing plans again? Either he's injured after his first tournament back, or he's got some muppets in charge of his planning. Either way it's not very good.

VamosRafa
02-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't get that at all. After the lay off he's had he surely needs matches under his belt to knock the rust off. He's had 3-4 months to plan his way back and after the first week he's changing plans again? Either he's injured after his first tournament back, or he's got some muppets in charge of his planning. Either way it's not very good.

If he ends up going deep into three draws (Marseille, Rotterdam, Dubai), he would be knackered before he got to IW and then Miami. He's been there, done that before. If he had lost in the first or second rounds in Marseille, he would play Rotterdam. But since he got to the semis, he doesn't need it. He will go to Dubai, and in the meantime, he can practice his serves.