PDA

View Full Version : Jan Mike Gambill, an alien?

raftermania
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
From Trektoday.com:

Tennis Star To Appear On 'Voyager'

A Yahoo! sports article reported that tennis player Jan-Michael Gambill had been offered a guest spot on Star Trek: Voyager. To the best of this writer's recollection, he never actually appeared in a speaking role on the series, although he may have been a background extra.

--

I never caught the episode he was on, but I wonder what kind of alien the people at Star Trek cast him as.

Fee
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
it never happened (and trektoday.com appears to be down at the moment?).

I know nothing about Star Trek, but I'll vote for Klingon.

Noelle
02-20-2006, 03:13 AM
I would have bet Ferengi. :) It would have been something to see the make-up artists try to make that handsome mug disappear under a unibrow-earlobe combo.

equinox
02-20-2006, 03:38 AM
He uses a double Handed Backhand and Forehand.
He's a Ferengi for sure.

alfa164164
02-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Isn't JMG (7 minute abs) buddies with William Shatner?

Andres
02-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I'll go with Borg, just because of the tennis resemblance :)

mr.fitch
02-20-2006, 08:08 AM
He uses a double Handed Backhand and Forehand.
He's a Ferengi for sure.
Wasn't there a period where he used a one-handed forehand for once? But yes, he has the weirdest strokes of any player in the pro tour (save Fabrice).

raftermania
02-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, JMG's a Trekkie. In one tennis magazine you may or may not have read, he was asked, "if you were stuck on an island who would you choose to come with you?"

He chose Lietenant Riker and Commander Worf (both sic). It was either a typo or he messed up the ranks of Riker and Worf, which is a discouraging sign of trekkie unworthiness.

armand
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, JMG's a Trekkie. In one tennis magazine you may or may not have read, he was asked, "if you were stuck on an island who would you choose to come with you?"

He chose Lietenant Riker and Commander Worf (both sic). It was either a typo or he messed up the ranks of Riker and Worf, which is a discouraging sign of trekkie unworthiness.Wow, I think that other thread was right about Gambill. Because if I like Trek and I were stuck on an island, I'd pick one of the trek babes fo' sho'!
http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200311/ent-062-tpol/320x240.jpghttp://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200303/voy-180-janeway-tries-to-draw/320x240.jpg

Fee
02-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Isn't JMG (7 minute abs) buddies with William Shatner?

Yes, and Patrick Stewart too. Do you remember a few years ago when Patrick Stewart did the voiceover work for NBC's Wimbledon coverage (2004)? He was there to watch JMG play and one of the NBC producers saw them sitting together in the players' lounge.

JMG used a one-handed back hand for one match in Delray last year. Don't know why that got so much attention, but he was back to using his 2 handed groundies in the next match.

raftermania
02-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Jan was also using a one handed forehand for a bit last season as well.

Fee, are you Jan Mike's wife????

Fee
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't know who 'Jan' is. Jan-Mike used a one handed fh for one match and one match only, but he will use it sporadically if he gets stretched out. It's not pretty, nor is it very reliable and I cringe when I see it happen.

No, I'm not his wife, I am his friend (and I ran a website about him for two years, have regular contact with him, and my head is full of mostly useless information about him and his career). Any more questions? ;)

kosmikgroove
02-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I don't know who 'Jan' is. Jan-Mike used a one handed fh for one match and one match only, but he will use it sporadically if he gets stretched out. It's not pretty, nor is it very reliable and I cringe when I see it happen.

No, I'm not his wife, I am his friend (and I ran a website about him for two years, have regular contact with him, and my head is full of mostly useless information about him and his career). Any more questions? ;)

how's jmg's little bro doing since his "medical" lapses? if you know what i mean...
if you dont' never mind :)

Fee
02-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't keep track of Torrey, sorry.

mr_spaz104
02-20-2006, 01:41 PM
does he still play tennis?

i've heard of him, but i've never actually seen him play.

fishuuuuu
02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
This is easy, he snaps his fingers and he's whatever he wants ... I forget what these people are called.

raftermania
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
yikes! got offended when I called him Jan! lmao, easy now fee!

Fee, how do I get a six-pack like Jan-Mike?

Noelle
02-20-2006, 04:02 PM
This is easy, he snaps his fingers and he's whatever he wants ... I forget what these people are called.
Odo's people, the Shapeshifters/Changelings.

Only Federer can be a Q.

fishuuuuu
02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Odo's people, the Shapeshifters/Changelings.

Only Federer can be a Q.

Oh no! Noelle those naughty moderators edited your post. :p

Fee
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
yikes! got offended when I called him Jan! lmao, easy now fee!

Fee, how do I get a six-pack like Jan-Mike?

I wasn't offended, just pointing out your gaffe. ;)

Not sure how he got that torso, lots of working out I suppose...