PDA

View Full Version : aussie foot fault?

datsveryinterestin
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
doesn't matter anyway.. since he always tanks his 1st serve into the net these days:

http://i1.tinypic.com/o72dg5.jpg

fishuuuuu
02-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm a little teapot short and stout . . . here is my C'mon, here is my shout, if you tip me over . . .

Jonnyf
02-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I will fall........... I thought that th defenition of a FF was when your foots on the line before the final swing (or swing)

Gugafan_Redux
02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I will fall........... I thought that th defenition of a FF was when your foots on the line before the final swing (or swing)

Before contact with the ball. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Before the final swing (or swing)"? Stay of the drugs, kids.

Jonnyf
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey the Cannibis Ice Tea is only Hemp

christo
02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
As Hewitt said to the line judge who called him on his FF: " Don't be a hero, Mate!!!!"

Mugatu
02-21-2006, 03:10 AM
probably coz the courts were too fast this time..

DashaandSafin
02-21-2006, 04:28 AM
His foot position does suggest a foot fault often. However i doubt he does it often since it will be called on.

Titanfan2003
02-21-2006, 08:35 AM
ESPN has shown replays of Hewitt's feet during serve many times. His toes are behind the line while the rest of his foot is over it. Sometimes he will FF because he plays so close to the line, however it appears he does much more than he actually does because his foot is right above the line.

TennisAsAlways
02-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey the Cannibis Ice Tea is only HempDrinking brewed MaryJane won't get you stoned (unless you ingest the bud material).

"THC" (tetrahydrocannabinol) is not water soluable therefore brewing MJ in water will not extract the THC. THC is fat soluable, hence when making MJ brownies, people typically saute the MJ in butter at a low temperature so that the THC is extracted into the butter so that it could be more even distributed in the batter mix.

Just an FYI.

Good day now. 8)

TennisAsAlways
02-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I will fall........... I thought that th defenition of a FF was when your foots on the line before the final swing (or swing)Well if you look closely at the pic, the tip of his front foot is touching the line prior to ball contact. That's what makes it illegal; any part of the body touching the "ground" beyond the baseline and the continuously extended imaginary center line before "ball contact" (not final swing) is not allowed.

Good day now. 8)

pero
02-21-2006, 10:54 AM
picture isn't good enough to call, the angle is wrong...

TennisAsAlways
02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
picture isn't good enough to call, the angle is wrong...Of course it is not appropirate to make a call based on pics! If you were being "reasonable" rather than "technical" than you would understand my point though.

Let me translate what I was saying in the prior post: "If that were in fact a shot of Hewitt foot faulting, then most likely (according to me of course!!!) it's the tip of his front foot that is touching the line before ball contact." ..................That's what I was saying!

The thing was, I was under the impression that Jonny was questioning whether or not if the body passes the line -- but not touching it on the ground -- if that was illegal. If that's what was confusing him, then I was clarifying things for him, telling him that a body part (and or any object that the player is wearing) must pass the line but has to be touching the ground in order for it to be illegal. It is legal to pass the line prior to making contact with the ball, but only as long as you do not touch the ground.

It's better to be "reasonable" than to be "technical". I could get all technical on you and pick you apart if I wanted to, but would there be a reason to do so?........No. Why?.......because I understand that you posted that comment possibly because you do not know whether or not I am aware of the fact that there's inconclusive evidence from certain camera angles. See, I give you the benefit of the doubt, rather then assume that you are just nit picking. Now that's what I mean by being reasonable.

arnz
02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Well if you look closely at the pic, the tip of his front foot is touching the ball prior to ball contact.

What??

Jonnyf
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Drinking brewed MaryJane won't get you stoned (unless you ingest the bud material).

"THC" (tetrahydrocannabinol) is not water soluable therefore brewing MJ in water will not extract the THC. THC is fat soluable, hence when making MJ brownies, people typically saute the MJ in butter at a low temperature so that the THC is extracted into the butter so that it could be more even distributed in the batter mix.

Just an FYI.

Good day now. 8)

Yes its also Hemp, which no matter what hemmits less (if u like) than anyother part of the plant

Dan007
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Remenber when Hewitt foot faulted 20-25 times in that semi-final match against Federer last year at the U.S. Open?

Kaptain Karl
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM
... the tip of his front foot is touching the ball prior to ball contact. I don't know what clip you're looking at. But you are correct, serving the ball by kicking it is not legal.

Bad camera angle. He could very well be elevated ... making this a legal service.

- KK

TennisAsAlways
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
What??I don't know what clip you're looking at. But you are correct, serving the ball by kicking it is not legal.
You know what I mean. It was a simple mistake. I corrected that post already. Let's be reasonable here people.

Good day now. 8)

Hewitt rulez
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Didn't he foot fault on set point against Federer in there round of 16 match at the 2004 Australian Open?

Kaptain Karl
02-21-2006, 06:25 PM
It was a simple mistake. I corrected that post already. Let's be reasonable here people.What? And pass up a high soft one like that??? No way. That one was "fair game."

(You gotta admit, that was kinda funny....)

- KK