PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Massu?

tronio1991
02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Does anyone think that Nicolas Massu may have returned to the level he was once at? Nico has started the year off pretty well. He made it to the QF's at Auckland and the Finals at Vina Del Mar. He also played well in Chile's Davis Cup tie beating Hrbaty in 4 sets. Other than his early exits at the Australian Open and Buenos Aires he looks pretty good to me.

The Tron

Max G.
02-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Making progress, at the very least - he's at the level of being a threat to win minor tournaments, which is good.

oscar_2424
02-20-2006, 01:40 PM
and you have to love those orange wristbands:)

gugafanatic
02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Making progress, at the very least - he's at the level of being a threat to win minor tournaments, which is good.

Olympic Gold medal, not a minor achievement.

Massu can quite easily return to the top 30 if he remains healthy.

pound cat
02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
2004 was his year...#9 iNDESIT, double gold Olympian...I'll never forget that.. How much better can he get...(only a Slam would top this) I found this biographical info on ATP Full name is Nicolas Alejandro Massu Frir... Began playing tennis at age five with older brother Jorge and Hungarian grandfather Ladislao... Father, Manuel, is an engineer, and is from Palestine, and mother, Sonia, is a housewife from Hungary... interesting background.

Hewitt rulez
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
and you have to love those orange wristbands:)
Yea, I wish TW could get them.