PDA

View Full Version : Roddick Fires His Brother!

marc tressard
02-21-2006, 04:36 AM
AP Wire Feed 2/23/06: In what some view as a desperate move, Andy Roddick, the top ranked U.S. players fired his new coach, his brother. Instead he lured away Miroslava Varvinka, who was the effective business manager of world #1, Roger Federer. Roddck: "Mirka has avery stabilizing and empwering presence and will help to rejuvinate me." Federer issued no comment, but was seen munching on some ATP players before a practice. "I'll even give Andy some Wilson N-Codes, if he thinks that will help," a playful Roger commented to a Basel reporter.

In other tennis news, the entire ATP tour except for Federer, Murray, Henman and Davydenko were banned for two years for postive substance tests. This assures a semi final appearance for Henman and Murray at the '06 Wimbledon Slam.

Volly master
02-21-2006, 04:40 AM
notice..today is the 21st and not the 23rd. thats such a lie.

fishuuuuu
02-21-2006, 04:42 AM
notice..today is the 21st and not the 23rd. thats such a lie.

I hope the date isn't the only thing that gave this one away.

rhubarb
02-21-2006, 04:46 AM
Varvinka? Are you confusing her with the number two male Swiss player, Stanislas Wawrinka?

slice bh compliment
02-21-2006, 04:47 AM
AP Wire Feed 2/23/06: ....
...Miroslava Varvinka...

I love the melding of Miroslava Vavrinec's last name with Stanislas Wawrinka's last name. A hardly noticeable way of hinting that this AP story is a ruse. Reminds me of the way they sliiightly misspelled Elvis Aaron Presley's name on his tombstone....code for his REAL fans that he faked his death. Subtle and just brilliant.;)

Volly master
02-21-2006, 04:51 AM

no i saw the rest, just pointing the first thing that came to my mind.

slice bh compliment
02-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Well, rhubarb, you beat me to it. Good catch on the date, too guys.

Marc Tressard is probably thinking, "damn you English teachers, spelling aficionados, and sticklers for detail! Merd. Go edit something...it was a joke! If only I had spelled the Slovak surname properly, this thread would have been a hoot."

And it probably could have been.

pound cat
02-21-2006, 05:05 AM
ROTFL. Thanks for the morning smile. I thought you were going to say he hired his mother.

Murray v. Henman....sounds like a plan for the UK. What desperate Brit put the dope in the Evian?

slice bh compliment
02-21-2006, 05:42 AM
...Murray v. Henman....sounds like a plan for the UK. What desperate Brit put the dope in the Evian?

The desperate Brit's name is Gandalf Parker....evidently he has a slightly more violent cousin in Germany of a similar name.

arnz
02-21-2006, 10:49 AM
These threads on Andy Roddick never get old (yawn)

Cybele
02-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Murray v. Henman....sounds like a plan for the UK. What desperate Brit put the dope in the Evian?

it was the only way we could make sure of ever having a Brit in the Wimbledon final again, in this millenium at least.

Blame Yours05! - he has been tutoring me on the finer points of Machiavelli's political philosophy, and my homework was to provide a real-life demonstration of how the ends can justify the means...

:cool:

Yours!05
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
a playful RogerA morning guffaw* here.

(*previously read about but not heard.)

West Coast Ace
02-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Let's go all the way. The men's draw is split in half - Brits and Scots in one half and the rest of the world in the other half. And the rest of the world players have to use wooden rackets. :-)

tennis-n-sc
02-21-2006, 04:00 PM

LMAO!!! :D

jings
02-21-2006, 04:02 PM
WCA - might even be touch and go then ..!

fishuuuuu
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
LMAO!!! :D

You see?

After all, the guy even spelled his own name wrong ;)

devila
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
The Fed Crap fan can't do anything unpredictably. :sad:

go_nadal
02-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Lol. I nearly belived that one :D

raftermania
02-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm shocked, I heard about this too. They had a breaking news interruption during the girls gone wild info commerical last night. Then I heard Snoop Dogg talking about it on Good Morning America. Did you know Snoop was an All-American and played #1 for Rutgers? And while we are the subject of BSing, I was very touched about Snoop's trying times when he said he had to make a professional choice between HIP HOP and TENNIS. He said he could have been, "The biggest smash since Arthur Ashe", but I guess we'll never know.