PDA

View Full Version : Flipper now has a bad back, yeesh!

christo
02-21-2006, 09:07 AM
This guy has more ailments than a than a roomful of hypochondriacs. Damn, I think Anna K plays more than he does. Just give it up Mark, you had your shot and you blew it.

VolklVenom
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
go easy on Flip.
He's had a rough ride with injuries.
A player that has more talent in his little finger than his fellow compariot, Leyton has in his entire body.

armand
02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
go easy on Flip.
A player that has more talent in his little finger than his fellow compariot, Leyton has in his entire body.Yeah he has great talent...for goofing off! What a goofball! He woulda been more successful as a clown(not as a rodeo clown though, he woulda been much too fragile for that. In his first event his career woulda been ended by injury. No, I'm thinking he shoulda been the sorta clown that appears at children's birthday parties...I miss having clowns at my birthday parties...I hope Phlipper shows up for the ATP event here this summer).

Noelle
02-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Wrong section. Moving this to GPPD.

serveBig
02-21-2006, 05:19 PM
lay off him.

The back stiffness has been a concern for some time. It happened in adelaide and happened again after his win against robredo last week. He is having an MRI to see if its serious.

anyway, he aint going to quit... at least not any time soon. He's entered tournaments, exhibitions and even a challenger over the next 2 months. He wants to play. I find it so amusing when people feel they have the right to bag someone out and tell them to end their career. Its his life, his choice.

So whats the big deal... he made some bad choices or partied too much in his early 20's... omg like the majority of guys and girls that age are any different!! Some players make tennis their life 24/7, others dont. Mark has always struggled with media attention, pressure and his private life. I dont think that makes him a loser or a clown... it makes him normal. In my opinion people like roger federer/ pete sampras arent normal - they are freaks of the sport.

VolklVenom
02-21-2006, 07:28 PM
correct. he is normal. give him a break.
Sure he made a few mistakes. he has realised these mistakes did cost him and is training hard.
hope he does well.

christo
02-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Not only is Philippoussis a better player than you, but if he wanted to spend his time here, he would still have better sense than you in posting to the appropriate board.
What appropriate board would that be ? You and Noelle must be the watchdogs or traffic directors or some frigging thing.

arosen
02-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Not only is Philippoussis a better player than you, but if he wanted to spend his time here, he would still have better sense than you in posting to the appropriate board.

I can't believe how much policing we got on this board. Next thing you know, there'll be TW court hearings over verbal assault or some such. Its a goddamn message board people, chill the phuck out! Let the guy speak his mind!!!!!!!!

Yours!05
02-21-2006, 10:03 PM
go easy on Flip.
A player that has more talent in his little finger than his fellow compariot, Leyton has in his entire body.Yes, that is the point, and he's wasted it, and the financial support from Aussie taxpayers, and the wildcards...

equinox
02-22-2006, 03:35 AM
Marks done more for Australian tennis than anyone on this forum board.
We really don't have the right to bash him.

Aussie Baseliner
02-22-2006, 03:40 AM
I think Mark wasted his opportunity for greatness !!!! Scoring with the opposite sex he was KING.

bc-05
02-22-2006, 03:58 AM
im not gonna say anything..

Noelle
02-22-2006, 04:52 AM
What appropriate board would that be ? You and Noelle must be the watchdogs or traffic directors or some frigging thing.
Pardon? :o It's my job as volunteer user moderator to direct people to post in the right subforums and to move threads accordingly.

If you've got an argument with PrestigeClassic, take it up with him. Actually I'm thinking of deleting the flame post.

Brettolius
02-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Pardon? :o It's my job as volunteer user moderator to direct people to post in the right subforums and to move threads accordingly.

If you've got an argument with PrestigeClassic, take it up with him. Actually I'm thinking of deleting the flame post.

Perhaps you should just take it easy.

equinox
02-22-2006, 05:52 AM

Noelle,

I know these new mod powers are fun and exciting to use.
But it'd be great if you could stop playing muscial chairs with the threads.

And every time you make a threat to use your powers you lose some respect from the community.

Consider carefully your usage of the powers invested in you by the community, lest they cause your corruption.

NoBadMojo
02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Noelle, not that you are looking for MORE advice, but maybe next time just move the post to the PROPER forum and dont announce it. As you know, people around here will attack and be crude even when others do the right thing..it reflects poorly on them, but they havent quite figured that out yet.
As to Flip, I find it amazing people slam a world class tennis player like that. Vitas was a big druggie and partier and was prety universally revered. Flip is a big athletic guy and guys like that playing tennis and playing the whole court get injured alot..see Safin. Flip is playing tennis pretty much bone on bone with his knee..tennis needs more players like Flip who arent machines and play an exciting type of tennis

legolas
02-22-2006, 01:37 PM
that sux for mark

PrestigeClassic
02-23-2006, 07:57 AM

The board to which it was moved.

stalliondan
02-23-2006, 08:32 AM
his girlfriend is super hot. If his back is hurt when know why and god bless him for his fortune.