PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite

MonkeyPox
02-21-2006, 09:25 AM
After he won the tourney here in San Jose he was just so unintentionally comical in his on court interview and then speech at the trophy presentation. He seems like he is dead or something. He has the most flat, monotone delivery I've ever heard. Especially when he said, "this is probably the greatest day of my life" and it sounds like he was at his own funeral. The audience broke out laughing because he was so detached from what he was saying.

The weird thing I just heard for the first time though was that he was one of the Dunblane children who survived the school shooting massacre. The gunman was actually in his classroom while he hid under his desk and watched his classmates get murdered. That is just freaky and really explains a lot. They were saying in the newspaper that he said he won't discuss it anymore but has just decided to keep his emotions inside now.

Although, when he kissed his girlfriend he cried for a minute and then was back to being sort of a Frankenstein/Napoleon Dynamite hybrid.

Fee
02-21-2006, 09:51 AM
He reminds me of Robby Ginepri.

I will tell you he showed a little bit of charm when he came into the Trans office, saw the candy on our snack table, and said 'Can I have some sweets please?' It was very boyish.

Moose Malloy
02-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Thought it was odd when he that he gave his girl some tongue after the match.

DaveGrable
02-21-2006, 10:20 AM
This kid is in serious need of a personality. When he have his post-match interview, he sounded depressed and mono-tone. Definitely not a very likeable person.

norcal
02-21-2006, 10:22 AM
He reminds me of Robby Ginepri.

I will tell you he showed a little bit of charm when he came into the Trans office, saw the candy on our snack table, and said 'Can I have some sweets please?' It was very boyish.
Fee you're so naive, I don't think he was referring to the candy...

Fee
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Of course he was, his hand was halfway into the bag as he said it. Get your mind out of the gutter and stop being so naughty.

Rabbit
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I just love it when you say naughty.

Fee
02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Do you like it more when I say 'bawdy'? Shakespearean style, word!

Cybele
02-21-2006, 11:11 AM
This kid is in serious need of a personality. When he have his post-match interview, he sounded depressed and mono-tone. Definitely not a very likeable person.

When he gave his post match interview he was in shock. He's actually a very funny guy with an extremely dry sense of humour.
So dry that a lot of journalists don't understand it all.

But he performs on the tennis court, not for the media. Just because he's not obvious doesn't mean he's not likeable.
He's not arrogant, is generally self-deprecating, and gives a hge amount of respect to people like Federer and Hewitt. Hewitt was one of his boyhood idols, and he was completely knocked out by beating him and Roddick in succession and winning his first title. He said afterwards it was the best moment of his entire life.

But he's not the type to share his emotions immediately with the entire world on live tv. That's his privilege. Neither did Bjorn Borg

It's a Northern European thing...

gaspard
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Oh my god, that's so funny. Yes, he is Napoleon Dynamite!

I knew about the Dunblane thing.

Gaspard

Mattle
02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
After he won the tourney here in San Jose he was just so unintentionally comical in his on court interview and then speech at the trophy presentation. He seems like he is dead or something. He has the most flat, monotone delivery I've ever heard. Especially when he said, "this is probably the greatest day of my life" and it sounds like he was at his own funeral. The audience broke out laughing because he was so detached from what he was saying.

The weird thing I just heard for the first time though was that he was one of the Dunblane children who survived the school shooting massacre. The gunman was actually in his classroom while he hid under his desk and watched his classmates get murdered. That is just freaky and really explains a lot. They were saying in the newspaper that he said he won't discuss it anymore but has just decided to keep his emotions inside now.

Although, when he kissed his girlfriend he cried for a minute and then was back to being sort of a Frankenstein/Napoleon Dynamite hybrid.

If you go to the www.atptennis.com and search for murray, i agree, in that picture, he IS napoleon dynamite

sexmachine
02-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Never mind his achievement lets knock how he looks... He played some great tennis but he's not good looking enough r charming enough.... HELLO!!! It's a sport not a beaty pagent! And he wasn't tryin to charm the shorts off hewitt he wanted to beat him and did, focus ppl!

MonkeyPox
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I wasn't talking about the way he looks really, more the way he acted. And plus, it was funny!

Dan007
02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41233000/jpg/_41233465_murray2_300.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/movies/photos/m/2005_movie_award_noms_050502/jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite.jpg

MonkeyPox
02-21-2006, 03:13 PM
OK, the way he looks too.

Radical97
02-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Dont mess with Murray..

Grigollif1
02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Fee you're so naive, I don't think he was referring to the candy...

Hehehe....That is great. Good one..

Klippy
02-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Lols! He does look like Napoleon Dynamite!

gaspard
02-21-2006, 08:06 PM
It's not only the way he looks, with the hair. It's his monotone mumbling also, along with his typically dour expression, even when he is happy. It's uncanny. I wonder if he dances like Napoleon too.

Gaspard

christo
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Roddick has the snappy repartee but Murray got the trophy ( and the beautiful girl). Napoleon rocks!

arosen
02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Murray is very respectful of Tim Henman, and it's kind of impressive how intent he is on trying to learn from Tim. Not bad for a teenager.

hyperwarrior
02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=18e332582efe488d86d165f2f98afa55.san_jo se_tennis_sja112&prov=ap

Is Murray 6'2 instead of 6'1?? In this link, he's slightly taller than Roddick!

Freedom
02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
He's 21-14 in his career and he's made over $300,000 in prize money? Doesn't that seem like a lot...?

MonkeyPox
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
It would be to me.

arosen
02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I can definitely appreciate 300 Gs.

ATXtennisaddict
02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
AM does look like Napoleon. I noticed.

whealben
02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
He wasn't in a classroom during the Dunblane massacre, he was hiding in the headmaster's office and professes not to remember it. I rather think that's a defence mechanism, as he was 8 at the time. But he doesn't want to ever be known as "that kid who survived Dunblane"

As for him being dour, he's sill uncomfortable with the media, he'll learn.

He actually has the most droll witty sense of humour going. It comes across in print better than verbally.

He's only just starting out for goodness sake. Give him a break. You aren't born media savvy (well some are but Andy isn't one of them)

gaspard
02-24-2006, 03:18 AM
Hey whealben, these are not criticisms, just observations. I actually like him more because of it. Napoleon rocks.

Gaspard

gugafanatic
02-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Murray is excited to watch because he is very expressive on court unlike Henman. His tantrums and constant berrating of himself are quite amusing. He does insane things like hitting his thigh with his own raquet.

Deja Vu
03-01-2006, 04:14 AM

Deja Vu
03-01-2006, 04:16 AM

Deja Vu
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM

MonkeyPox
03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Deja Vu = banned.

Deja Vu
03-01-2006, 09:07 AM

Mr.Federer
03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Deja Vu = banned.

Why? What did he say?

ATXtennisaddict
03-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Napoleon, go make yourself some frikkin quesadilllaas

MonkeyPox
03-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Nothing, that's the problem. Just a lost exahaustive list of copy and paste of other people's quotes for no reason. As Napoleon would say, "Idiot!"

Ching Chong Ching Chong
03-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Actaully mockeypox, you didn't even realize what he (Deja Vu) was doing. He was smart. He got a racist by the user name "DaveGrable" terminated. I ran a search and looked up the posts that Deja Vu requoted and found out why Deja was doing what he did.

The thing was, dave slipped through the cracks for quite some time now. He chose his words carefully when he posted, but if you ask anyone, they will tell you that he posted racial comments.

Deja Vu was smart by getting the mods' attention and that made them delete all of Dave's post. Look at Dave's profile, when you click to view his past posts it will take you to a screen that says that the page is unavailable etc.

Sometimes things aren't meant to be logical, as how you Monkey didn't see what Deja Vu's intent was. He had a purpose and succeeded. So who's the idiot now? :rolleyes:

madevil_zero
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Napoleon Dynamite Vs Andy Murray