PDA

View Full Version : How is that blue/grey topspin poly???? thanks...

jarrett
02-29-2004, 10:32 AM
my coach told me it plays a lot like the big banger alu???? and it cost only 70 $... need feedback from people who tried it...

Jerry Seinfeld
02-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Much softer feel than BB ALU. IT does seem to lose tension faster, so I don't drop the tension like I do with ALU. I prestretch the heck out of mine and after a session or two it settles in nicely. I prefer it to ALU because of the softness and I feel it bites the ball better...though this is subjective.

kreative
02-29-2004, 05:05 PM
it's a poly, but it doesn't play like ALU. like jerry mentioned, it's much softer. it also does have a bad habit of losing tension quick, so it gets prestreched for a while before getting strung. sometimes it's strung a bit higher than normal due to the tension loss.

Hawaii 5.0
02-29-2004, 11:52 PM
It's much easier on the arm and spin is up to you becuse alot prefer the Poly Polar and alot prefer ALU for spin.It is warned of being overtensioned, but does lose initial tension like many poly's.It's cheaper and really does play softer than some synthetic gut strings like Stamina, but with much better durability.