PDA

View Full Version : Help from those who used PS Tour 95

Freedom
02-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I have a ProStaff Tour 95, but I'm not sure I really like it. I want something stiffer, and maybe a little more pop. I really like to control with the Tour 95 though.

I've demo'ed a bunch of racquets, and I really liked the AeroPro Drive + and the Pure Drive +.

So my question is: for those who have used the PS Tour 95 and have moved on, what racquets would you reccomend, and why?

Thanks for any input.

Skppr05
02-25-2006, 07:40 PM
wow. It's soo weird. I currently have a aeropro drive + and I use to use a pure drive +. Once I had my hand at the PS Tour 95 I fell in love with it. However, it's really hard to part with my babolat soo i held off on buying one. Interesting that your comparing those racuqets however, they play so differently from each other. As far as the babolats go, both are great and you should try demoing them

Ulam
02-25-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a hyper pro staff 6.1 . I added some lead tape. It makes a big difference. If you love pro staffs, this is the best.

Freedom
02-25-2006, 08:33 PM
@ Skppr05: I wasn't actually comparing the Wilsons to the Babolats, I was just mentioning that I liked the feel of the Babolats.

@ Ulam: You think the Hyper 6.1 is the best? Isn't that the red/black one that was everywhere a few years ago?

Thanks for the input.

rfprse
02-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Have you tried n6.1 95 (16x18 )? Maybe a little heavier than what you may be looking for, since you've like apd+ and pd+. But imho, it has plenty of pop and spin and so worth a demo since you seem to like the pro staff feel.

louis netman
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Put some lead tape along the length of the bumper and some at 3 & 9.. It becomes a much more able stick with a crisp, flexy feel...

bcaz
02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Put natural gut in your Tour 95 -- it will add a lot of pop and you will be able to spin the fuzz off the ball.

louis netman
02-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Put natural gut in your Tour 95 -- it will add a lot of pop and you will be able to spin the fuzz off the ball.

Ulam
02-25-2006, 09:42 PM
@ Skppr05: I wasn't actually comparing the Wilsons to the Babolats, I was just mentioning that I liked the feel of the Babolats.

@ Ulam: You think the Hyper 6.1 is the best? Isn't that the red/black one that was everywhere a few years ago?

Thanks for the input.

Yes! It was very popular. You will love it. You need to modify it a bit with some lead tape to get the right balance and impact feel but after that it is perfect. Yes it is a 95 sq in. but has the same amount of control as the ncode90tour(fed racket) but more power. I have both. I LOVE PRO STAFFS. I believe it is the best step up to your racket!

snoflewis
02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
i doubt you will be able to find a new HPS 6.1 easily. im currently using the tour 95, and it doesnt feel/play well unless you add some lead. i have 20" of lead at 3 and 9 and it really helps w/ the stability issue. the racket, imo, has great feel and control despite its very open string pattern. assuming that your racket is stock, try adding some lead at 3 and 9...it should really help w/ that feel issue. also, since i did not counter balance the racket w/ lead on the handle, it helps me to plow through the ball more, thus having more power.

also, the pure drive is totally different rackets from the tour 95. i have a pure drive and have tried the PD+ and they play and feel completely different. the pure drive, of course, is way more powerful but for me is almost impossible to control. i often have shots flying 3-4 feet wide...which is not a good sign. i by no means dislike the pure drive, as i enjoy hitting w/ it, but you definitely won't get the same control w/ the pure drive as you did w/ the tour 95.

AndrewD
02-26-2006, 02:27 AM
If you are after a HPS 6.1 they are still available, brand new, from a very reputable dealer on the auction site. Do a search and you'll find them.

Sounds like I'm the only one who enjoyed the PS Tour 95 in stock form. I found that, at a lower tension (around 50lbs), it performs very well and still provides ample access to spin and control while also opening up the sweetspot (will make it feel far more 'stable') and boosting power quite nicely. Perhaps not the best ProStaff ever made but I prefer it to the nCode version as well as the PS 6.0 95

Freedom
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I'll look into the HPS 6.1 and/or lead tape.