PDA

View Full Version : FXP prestige modifications

nocab
02-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I just recieved my flexpoint prestige mid in the mail yesterday, and i realize that not many people on this forum have played with one yet, but i was hoping people that have played with other prestiges for awhile could give some insight on what racquet modifications you do to them, how much lead and were you put it, etc.... thanks alot.

vkartikv
02-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I demoed this from my pro shop last weekend. I must say that it seems much stiffer than the LM prestige and a lot easier to swing around at the net. I am considering getting one just as a backup since I used to use the classic mid frames back in the day.

As for modifications, its hard to tell what setup will suit you without knowing what you play like. Honestly, I thought the racquet was pretty good without any changes. I don't know how LM prestige users are going to react to the extra stiffness. Am curious to know.

BTW, the RDS 001 Mid is an excellent frame too compared to the RDX 500 mid. Its much heavier and feels more like the pro staffs at the net.

nocab
02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
thanks for the reply. i realize everyone likes different setups, but i have never owned any of the prestige racquets and i didn't know if alot of regular users prefered certain mods on their frames. as for my playing style, i'm a 3.5-4.0 all courter. i currently play with an rd-7 and a ncode6.1 90, somedays one racquet feels better then the other so i haven't made one my permenant stick, i was hoping the prestige could take that slot, but we'll see.

vkartikv
02-26-2006, 12:55 PM
For your playing level, I don't know if you will be able to adjust to the denser pattern of the prestige since you have played with very spin friendly racquets. You might want to try the volkl tour 10s if you emphasise on feel.