PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Cheap 300Gs!

MikeCrowChip
02-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Dah! I just cracked a 300G, shanking a ball during a rally. Yeah the ball was coming pretty hard, but that's crazy. The stick was only strung at 61 pounds...

made in China it says, no wonder.

Yonex or Head for me plz!

louis netman
02-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Dah! I just cracked a 300G, shaking a ball during a rally. Yeah the ball was coming pretty hard, but that's crazy. The stick was only strung at 61 pounds...

made in China it says, no wonder.

Yonex or Head for me plz!

FYI, all racket manufacturers produce in China, and out of the same factory too. I have to admit that when I took one apart, that 300g had alot of third-world manufacturing traits. Can't believe they were over $100 when they came out...BTW they don't play badly when heavily modded...

MikeCrowChip
02-27-2006, 06:12 AM
I don't think they are all made in China.
Yonex say "Made in Japan" on the side of them, like the RDX500. Head say: "Made is Austria". Some of them are tagged, Made in USA. I had 2 Ti.Classics tagged as such. I'm pretty sure Babolat is not made in China.

Prince's are made in Taiwan. ...well the ones I had anyways.

mr.fitch
02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Yonex say "Made in Japan" on the side of them, like the RDX500. Head say: "Made is Austria". Some of them are tagged, Made in USA. I had 2 Ti.Classics tagged as such. I'm pretty sure Babolat is not made in China.

Babolat's are made in China. It's written on the throat.

aznkb888
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
my prince tt warrior was made in china when i got it 4 years ago...

louis netman
02-27-2006, 01:05 PM

That's right, Yonex still produces their better sticks in Japan. As for "made in USA" and "made in Austria," you've probably gotten your hands on some earlier production frames that are still laying around in certain places...

vkartikv
02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
You cannot denounce a whole line of racquets or impugn a whole country because of one single frame. Be more open minded

louis netman
02-27-2006, 01:19 PM
You cannot denounce a whole line of racquets or impugn a whole country because of one single frame. Be more open minded

I agree. I have close to two dozen well-made, China Volkls. Specs are pretty close too (+ or - 10g). Only about 4 or 5 of the frames' paint peeled off when I removed lead tape... so I guess about 20% or so had "Friday" paint jobs...assuming a M-F work week... ;-)

Michael82
02-27-2006, 01:23 PM

EXACTLY! I remember Pete broke his racket when returning Pat's serve in a match. He did not blame Wilson or St Vincent Island for that. Tennis racket is like any other consumer product. It could be out of service at any point. Pick up another racket and keep playing, mate!

mansrow
02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
can someone tell or show how exactly a tennis racquet got broken when in play coz ive never seen or experienced one before.

badmice2
02-27-2006, 02:26 PM
can someone tell or show how exactly a tennis racquet got broken when in play coz ive never seen or experienced one before.

This is usually cost by bad string jobs - having stress point from bad stringing. If not, is usually a bad production to begin with. You cant expect ALL St. Vincent producted sticks to be 100% perfect, there's bad blood in maybe 1/10000000 stick (just throwing a number out there) St. Vincent produced.

DragonFly
02-28-2006, 01:23 AM
300gs up close look pretty fragile. The fact that they're pretty light also does that. They don't last as long as other racquets, but they get the job done for me, and then I switched to the mfil.

legolas
02-28-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah

legolas
02-28-2006, 11:26 AM
maybe i should blame indonesia cuz they once made me a crappy *** hunting bow