PDA

View Full Version : Head LiquidMetal Instinct Tour XL

mwahsun
02-27-2006, 06:42 AM
I just purchased a Head LiquidMetal Instinct Tour XL and I was just wondering what your opinions are about this racquet? Any strong points as well as down points? I would really like some quality information about this racquet as I am still contemplating to use it as a primary racquet or a secondary racquet. Please respond with some feedbacks as it will be really appreciated. :)

Fatmike
02-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Bought a LM Instinct 2 weeks ago. (not XL). Nice racquet, sound is horrible though.

jarrett
02-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I've been playing with this racket (the XL tour one) for 2 months now and I love it... I used to play with the Babolat PD, I quite liked it, but I always had problems to customize the racket because it was way too light (my 2 cent)... This one is actually pretty close to the PD but it's heavier, wich is great for me... I only add few grams at 3 and 9... I string it pretty loose (23 Kg) with a mono string... Actually, I'm working right now for the French federation and I can see Gasquet practicing everyday... I asked him few days ago how he customizes his racket and he told me he doesn't... There is no lead on it but he plays with a leather grip (what changes slightly the balance towards the handle)... I was really surprised he did not change anything. I thought top players were always playing with very heavy rackets... Whatever man, great choice!!! enjoy!!!

mwahsun
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
How is the power on this racquet? I currently have a AeroPro Drive+ which produces great power? How is it compared to AeroPro Drive+?

I was also looking for control for this racquet. What would you say?

D-man
02-27-2006, 01:21 PM
This is my favorite racket! I think it has a lot of power! What I like most about it is the balance between power and touch. I smashed mine I need to get another one :(.

300Gkid
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
has anyone played both the flexpoint and LM insticts, because the flexpoint got a 77 rating and 73 power while the LM got a 76 and a 66 power, is the flexpoint really more powerful?

mwahsun
02-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Any more suggestions regarding the LM Instinct Tour XL?

ShcMad
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
I've been playing with this racket (the XL tour one) for 2 months now and I love it... I used to play with the Babolat PD, I quite liked it, but I always had problems to customize the racket because it was way too light (my 2 cent)... This one is actually pretty close to the PD but it's heavier, wich is great for me... I only add few grams at 3 and 9... I string it pretty loose (23 Kg) with a mono string... Actually, I'm working right now for the French federation and I can see Gasquet practicing everyday... I asked him few days ago how he customizes his racket and he told me he doesn't... There is no lead on it but he plays with a leather grip (what changes slightly the balance towards the handle)... I was really surprised he did not change anything. I thought top players were always playing with very heavy rackets... Whatever man, great choice!!! enjoy!!!

Seriously? You see Gasquet practicing everyday? I think that's really cool. Next time you see him, can you analyse how he hits his backhand and let me know about it? :) Gasquet is my main inspiration for my 1-handed bh. It looks so good and it's freaking explosive yet consistent. :p

mwahsun
02-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Lol, anyways regarding the LM Instinct XL?

ShcMad
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
I just found out that the LM Instinct XL is 10 pts headlight, while the regular version is 4 pts headlight. I've read a couple threads here regarding the LM Instinct regular version. The majority of the people who used it say that even though it's 4 pts headlight, it feels more evenly balanced. Some posters also mentioned the racquet having a little hollow feeling. But to tell you the truth, I have no idea if those things will apply to the XL. The XL does seem to have a higher swingweight as well as static weight, so I'd expect it to be a little more solid and powerful than the regular.
The LM Instinct is a racquet I'm looking forward to buy in the future. Right now I use a LM Prestige with lead but it is just too demanding to play with it when you're not in tip-top shape.

pham4313
02-27-2006, 08:02 PM
this racket is awesome...yes its 10 pts headlight and very manuverable at net...you can block the ball with lots of punch...very responsive...very nice serving and overheads. 16x19 gives you lots of spin potential. With a little more helf compared to BPD+, it is more control without sacrificing power. If you hit one handed backhand...this racket is the way to go...you ll feel how Gasquet hits winner on his backhand despite the extra length...overall...super++++

joe1987
02-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Gasquet doesn't customise it maybe because it is CUSTOM made for him.

mwahsun
02-28-2006, 06:36 AM
this racket is awesome...yes its 10 pts headlight and very manuverable at net...you can block the ball with lots of punch...very responsive...very nice serving and overheads. 16x19 gives you lots of spin potential. With a little more helf compared to BPD+, it is more control without sacrificing power. If you hit one handed backhand...this racket is the way to go...you ll feel how Gasquet hits winner on his backhand despite the extra length...overall...super++++

great.. i like hitting one hand backhands .. hopefully ill see improvements on this one.

pham4313
02-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Gasquet doesn't customise it maybe because it is CUSTOM made for him.

he goes between the regular 16x19 XL and custom drilled 18x19 XL for more control ...the extra length gives him so much juice on the shots...same thing observed on Lijbicic

mwahsun
02-28-2006, 07:49 AM
So Gasquet uses a XL or a regular?

celo007
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
lol sun ko, the racquet does not matter, WHEN YOU WANT TO LOSE play me, alright, shti, me and peirce challenge you to a doubles match, WHAT YOU GOT MAN? I AM ANNOUNCING THIS ON TT TENNIS .COM, YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? BEST OUT OF 3 SETS