PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex 5G - Stringing/strings recommended

javier sergio
02-27-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm looking for advise in how to string for better results my PK 5G just bought.
One of them came strung with some synthetic gut (gosen I believe) that lost tension in couple of games, consecuently control too (a lot).
I have the second one unstrug, also have Yonex 850 and Ashaway Dynamite to use now.

Anyone of you guys tried these strings on the 5G or suggest something different?

Thanks

North
02-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I use Klip Ecellerator (17g) at 55 lbs. It's a relatively arm-friendly string as long as I keep it at the lower end of the tension range.

Kevo
02-27-2006, 12:56 PM
The Yonex 850 and the Dynamite are both good strings but quite different. The Yonex will lose a small bit of tension quickly and then stabilize. The Dynamite stays pretty consistent and doesn't lose too much tension, but it moves around terribly. Do a search if you want to read some more info there is a good bit of discussion on those strings.

netman
02-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Just put Dynamite 17 in my 5g. (See post further down). Dropped tension to 45 per mfg. instructions. Plays stiffer than Gosen SM 17 at 55. Not as much feel, but delivers a very solid hit with good power and spin. Dynamite tends to loosen up a bit, so looking forward to seeing how it plays after a couple of matches.

BTW, Gosen SM 17 plays really well in the 5g. But like you noted, its has to be changed frequently.

-k-

javier sergio
03-01-2006, 07:45 AM
thanks guys !!!!!