PDA

View Full Version : HEAD CLASSIC TOUR MIDPLUS Question.

tarheelbornjohn
02-27-2006, 12:51 PM
I was checking to see if Head is still making some of these racquets? I know TW has been getting the Prestige Classics Mid. But I have not seen where they are making the 660 or MP Classic Prestiges.

tarheelbornjohn
02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, I see my answer now that I checked TW more. I had looked earlier and they had the Prestige Classic Mid (600). How long have they had the Tour MP available and anyone know how long Head will be making these racquets.

Also, anyone play with the new release and do they play like the orginal runs.

Nastase
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Tar, I asked this question last week, no replies. Loved playing with the old one, would like to get some from TW but dont want surprises. Anybody?

tandayu
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Are you referring to the Prestige tour 660 with suspension grip? If you can't find it, I know several people that will sell it.
The earlier one are called Prestige tour 300 trisys system (midplus) made in Austria, then pretige tour 660 made in Austria, then the Prestige tour midplus (designed in Austria).

The non-suspension is called Classic midplus (designed in AUstria), and TW still sells it

Grandcase
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Are you referring to the Prestige tour 660 with suspension grip? If you can't find it, I know several people that will sell it.

I love this club and I am interested in buying either Prestige Tour 660 or Classic Tour 660 in good condition.

Question : does the non-supension-grip one (Classic Tour) have the removable pallets ?

Thanks

haoqfu
03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
The earlier one are called Prestige tour 300 trisys system (midplus) made in Austria, then pretige tour 660 made in Austria, then the Prestige tour midplus (designed in Austria).

The non-suspension is called Classic midplus (designed in AUstria), and TW still sells it

is the classic tour MP TW current has the non-suspension version??

tandayu
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
non suspension grip

Zverev
04-09-2006, 07:09 AM
So, anybody can answer this question, hot does Classic Tour, currently on sale here at TW, play?
This one
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-HC.htm

Anybody has played with it!? What can it be compared with?

FireSon
04-09-2006, 08:37 AM
A local shop still has some Prestige Tour 660 in stock (with suspension grip). I currently play with the PC600 and like that racquet very much. Is a transition to the Prestige Tour 660 a big step with regard to power and playability?
Is the suspension grip in any way a factor? the price would almost be the same as when I would order it from TW (I live in Europe). The only reason I would like to try this racquet is to see if I would benefit from the larger headsize...

tandayu
04-09-2006, 02:29 PM
A local shop still has some .....from the larger headsize...

You will gain power, but will loose feel and control. The beam of 660 is thicker than 600. Remember, the name might be same, but there are nowhere near the same.

I tried the 660 (both suspension and the non suspension) for the reason to see if any benefit from larger head size. I found improvement only on serve and overhead.

Do you have access for demo?

FireSon
04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Do you have access for demo?

Unfortunately that's not the case, and probably the main reason I asked around. There's plenty information to be found on the PC600 but not that much on the 660 with regard to playing characteristics.

Basically I wanted to try it out because lately I have had an injury which prevented me from moving well and due to that my game pretty much collapsed. It was very hard to generate power and for the first time in my life I had a sore (tennis)arm. Therefore I am going to string my other PC600 with some other string as advised by Marius Hancu, and I thought I would try to find another backup racquet with comparable (swing)weight and grip size but with more power in case I would need it.

So the suspension grip would not be a problem?