PDA

View Full Version : ALL tecnifibre 325 users!!!

tennis4losers
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Ummm yeah. I played with the 325 today because i was tired of the 315 (i had to add lead tape then counter balance; a hassle). The racket was strung with a full ALU BB (both mains and crosses) string job. I feel a pain in my elbow. is it the racket or is it the strings?:confused:

Richie Rich
02-27-2006, 07:57 PM
gotta be the strings. i've had the 325 for a while now and i've used many strings in it. most recently kirschbaum super smash poly. only time my shoulder hurt was when i had full lux alu string job. no issue when i hybrid it.

then again, you may be getting used to the extended length. that may tweak your arm a little.

ismashall
02-27-2006, 07:58 PM
It's both. Tecnifibre racquets play wayyyyy stiffer than their flex ratings. I wanted to love at least one of their racquets, but was sorely disappointed by all. Tecnifibre racquets are the biggest disappointment of 2005.

pro_staff
02-28-2006, 04:42 PM
i dunno. i use babolat ballistic polymono 17 mains with PSGD in crosses at 57. they are known to be really stiff but i don't get arm problem. maybe it's your form?

Richie Rich
02-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Tecnifibre racquets are the biggest disappointment of 2005.

don't hold back - tell it like it really is. BTW, racquet selection is unique and specific to individual tastes. you may think TF is a disappointment but others don't see it that way

ismashall
03-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I get to test virtually all racquets released on the U.S. market. I can appreciate a stiff racquet for what it is (Babolat). Tecnifibre racquets dissapointed me as a WHOLE line.

safin_protege
03-01-2006, 11:25 AM
gotta be the strings. i've had the 325 for a while now and i've used many strings in it. most recently kirschbaum super smash poly.

How did you like that setup; it's what I use in my TFight 315.

ismashall
04-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I didn't like it at all. I hated it!

Richie Rich
04-20-2006, 09:30 AM
How did you like that setup; it's what I use in my TFight 315.
i like it and still use it. i string the kirsch at 60 since it loses tension quickly then settles.

TennisSim
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I have one reduced to 27 and I haven't had any trouble with my elbow, I had to switch from the babolat pure drive, which i felt lacked control due to my larger swing pattern and also it was hurting my elbow, and after demoing around for a while decided to get the tfight 325 off ****. I found it was reduced to 27 after the fact but had no problem with that. Once you hit with this racquet for a about a week it you'll fall in love with it. Given you like stiff racquets of course. I personally love stiff racquets and find that this frame has a ton of control and when you want it fire power. I have changed my service motion from being more violent a whippy to being more smooth because of the weight of the racquet so that might be a reason why I haven't had any elbow problems. So there's my opinion on the racquet.

pro_staff
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
anyone put leather grip on this? i'm thinking about it. just wondering if anyone else did it with their 325

Richie Rich
04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
anyone put leather grip on this? i'm thinking about it. just wondering if anyone else did it with their 325
i actually put leather grips on all my 325's. Just gives it a little firmer feel and more feedback (less muted)

southpaw
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM

I cut mine down to 27" and re-gripped it with Vantage leather. The increased weight of the leather grip compensated for the removed .4".

http://static.flickr.com/53/127959642_312eab7ae7_o.jpg

pro_staff
04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
richie and southpaw. did the balance change alot after adding leather grip?

Richie Rich
04-20-2006, 07:26 PM
don't know. i chnaged the grips as soon as i got the racquets so i never played with the normal cushion grip. wouldn't think it would be a noticeable difference on its own.

alfa164164
04-21-2006, 06:27 AM
TF 325 is an extremely comfortable hit, the TF 315 less so.
Switching from the 315 to the 325 should have been an improvement in comfort, blame the strings or the extra length if you aren't used to that element.

andfor
04-21-2006, 07:41 AM
On another note, I wish Tecnifibre would release the TFeel 295 in the US. The specs 27 inches, 98 sq. in head, 21 mm beam and 16x18 string pattern looks appealing. I only want to try it.

Oh, what you can't have make the feaver for it so much worse!

southpaw
04-21-2006, 09:21 AM

I cut the length and changed the grip at the same time, so I can't say for sure, but depending on the leather you choose, it will probably end up a point or so more headlight. There was a 5 gram difference between the Vantage leather I used and the stock synthetic.

monologuist
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Just wondering for all you Tecnifibre Tfight 325 owners out there, how much do your racquets weigh strung (preferably without overgrip or dampener), and what are their balances? Have you found there to be a good consistency in weight and balance among the stock of 325's? What string setups have you liked in this frame?

and for the fellow that cut his 325 down, how did that work out for you?

Richie Rich
06-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Just wondering for all you Tecnifibre Tfight 325 owners out there, how much do your racquets weigh strung (preferably without overgrip or dampener), and what are their balances? Have you found there to be a good consistency in weight and balance among the stock of 325's? What string setups have you liked in this frame?

and for the fellow that cut his 325 down, how did that work out for you?
i have all mine set up the same (leather grip, overgrip, dampner, same string) and I don't notice any major diff in weight or SW. I'm sure the frames differ but not by anything I can notice by swinging and hitting balls with them.

Mike213
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
I use the Tecnifibre T-feel 305, its great, currently strung with kevlar mains and syn. gut crosses, but it is nice all around, just a little difficult to find some pace on my serve at first...but overall is a very nice stick, thinking about leading it up though, due to its weight lack...can anybody tell me what places will be the best to lead this stick?

ravemaster806
08-11-2006, 12:20 AM
hey, tfight 325 users, i used the tfight 325 and wondering if u guys like the dampener that it came with? and did u get a free grommet when u bought that racquet, i got 3 free grommets when i bought 3 tfight 325, and i love the dampener

nextNalbandian
08-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Hey guys, i just acquired a 325 through a trade and was just wondering if this racquet would be good for me. I have used the Quantum V 1 MP for 4 years now and i love its feel and manueverability. I have used extra length in the past( Pro Tour FT, NXG Graphite) and always came running back to my Volkls. Is this racquet really as hard to manuever as its 335 sw on TW? How does it respond to hitting quick whippy shots? And do you really notice the extra length?

andfor
08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Those interested in Tecnifibre's new racquets may find this if interest. If you have not already seen it.
http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/gear/racquets/tecnifibre/tecnifibre.aspx?id=38126