PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Blu-DC Plus vs. Alpha Axis Pro vs. Alpha Revo 4000

Artful Spinner
06-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Ahh, well many weeks have gone by... and I still cannot decide whether which machine would be best for its money.... and my purposes... I break a string about every 3 days and play about 6 days a week.... using PSG w/DF... The machine would be placed at home... and used to string my racquets as well as my team's racquets. I can afford the Blu-DC Plus, but was considering the Alpha Revo 4000 because of the doubt in a machine makin my job better... My apologies if it my post may seem a bit... condoluted...

"The tool is limited to the one using it"

Thanks for the help,
A fellow string destroyer

Steve Huff
06-16-2004, 03:52 AM
I can't decide for you, but I can say that the longer you wait, the more time goes by that you could have been making some money to pay for the machine. No machine is perfect, and you'll probably get used to whatever you buy. If you like those 3, call Mark Gonzales at Alpha and let him help you decide. He knows them best.

Artful Spinner
06-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Sounds like a plan, thanks man.

Gaines Hillix
06-17-2004, 07:01 AM
ArtfulSpinner, I think the old axium "you get what you pay for" is usually true for tennis machines. I like the frame mounting system on the Alpha BLU DC the best of the 3 machines you are considering. The turntable base is also thicker and stiffer. You also might want to consider the Alpha Apex, if they have any on hand. It's frame mount is very similar to a Babolat Star 3 in configuration.

Artful Spinner
06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
hehe yeah, i'm down to the Blu-DC and the Axis Pro atm... how much do the APEX's run for?

Anonymous
06-18-2004, 03:40 PM
The apex goes for $1100. I can send you a picture if you give me your email address.

The Revo 4000 and the Axis pro are exactly the same except the stand. I was looking at the Blu also but then went with the revo to save money for a Wise head.