PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive Roddick

sexmachine
02-28-2006, 12:35 PM
This is probably old news but www.**********.com have the new roddick racquet, not as heavy as many thought i think it's under 11 ounces so it's actually lighter than the Pure Drive Team/Pure Drive Team plus.... 72 stiffness.... Any body thinkin of checkin it out???

Sorry guys didn't realise that the site wouldn't b allowed tennis nuts is the site

vin
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know what the "Cortex System" is? I assume it to be another gimmick, but I'm curious.

I thought (hoped) they'd add some dampening technology or make the racket a little less stiff, but it's actually more stiff! Ouch!

austro
02-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Cortex? As in neocortex? A thinking racquet??

louis netman
02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know what the "Cortex System" is? I assume it to be another gimmick, but I'm curious.

I thought (hoped) they'd add some dampening technology or make the racket a little less stiff, but it's actually more stiff! Ouch!

I would love to get my hands on the necks of the people who come up with that crap. However, this time they may be on the mark. It seems this new even lighter & stiffer line seems to be designed for those who want to make up for their own lack of cortex...

Hurry up Babolat, better capitalize on the that Roddick name before it's too late...

sexmachine
02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
i think the "cortex" "apparently" dampens the movement of the racquet for the players arm

NoBadMojo
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
The way I understand this frame is that it is heavier than the PD and has some shock dampener material in it a la Volkl. Better late than never with trying to kill harmful shock. I know that Roddick had TE very bad for a while (to the point where he had to withdraw from at least one tourney). so maybe the guys' arm is falling off and they came up with something more comfortable for him to use...just speculating here, but think the logic is ok

spinbalz
02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
The specs indicated on this "nuts" website are not reliable at all, full of typo errors. For exemple they list the PD Roddick with a 17.5mm headlight balance, which is simply ridiculous! But anyway if the weight they give is for an unstrung racquet, and if they have it right, then PD Roddick is Heavier than the PD team.

vin
02-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Good to hear that they're addressing the stiffness issue. If it's true, then I look forward to trying it. :)

Does anyone know when it's supposed to be available in the US?

Cruzer
02-28-2006, 05:11 PM
The specs indicated on this "nuts" website are not reliable at all, full of typo errors. For exemple they list the PD Roddick with a 17.5mm headlight balance, which is simply ridiculous! But anyway if the weight they give is for an unstrung racquet, and if they have it right, then PD Roddick is Heavier than the PD team.

What is simply ridiculous about them saying the racquet is 17.5mm headlight balance? They are not saying it is 17.5 points headlight which is something completely different. If you do the arithmetic it works out to about 3 points headlight. Quite believable.

This racquet would seem to appeal to only the most avid Roddick fan. It is priced a whopping 73% higher than the non-Roddick Pure Drive. I don't expect that same pricing strategy will be seen in the U.S. market you never know.
They also are taking orders for the new Babolat team bag which has been asked about on these boards recently. I don't recall seeing Roddick with the new bag when he was in San Jose a couple of weeks ago.

fastdunn
03-02-2006, 09:45 AM
What is simply ridiculous about them saying the racquet is 17.5mm headlight balance? They are not saying it is 17.5 points headlight which is something completely different. If you do the arithmetic it works out to about 3 points headlight. Quite believable.

This racquet would seem to appeal to only the most avid Roddick fan. It is priced a whopping 73% higher than the non-Roddick Pure Drive. I don't expect that same pricing strategy will be seen in the U.S. market you never know.
They also are taking orders for the new Babolat team bag which has been asked about on these boards recently. I don't recall seeing Roddick with the new bag when he was in San Jose a couple of weeks ago.

Yep, I don't see terribly wrong with 17.5mm HL.

By the way, PD Roddick is priced about 1000 yen higher than PD
in the Japanese site. This means only about $10 more expensive, right ?
Japanese pricing of most racquets are usually 70-100% higher than
US. So I wouldn't expect PD Roddick is much more expensive than PD in US.

sexmachine
03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
ah man that sux! It costs 74.99 in english pounds for the pd, the pdr is 129.99.... And i'm in the euro i'd have to take out a mortgage to get that racquet!!!

spinbalz
03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Hey Cruzer and Fastdunn, when the balance is listed in mm, it normally means that it is said that the balance point is situated at X mm from the extremety of the butt cap, as opposed to when the balance is listed in points headlight or points head heavy, when the balance is listed in points it means that the balance is situated at X points from the middle of the racquet.

To make it clear, when you read that the balance is 17.5mm headlight, it is supposed to mean that the balance point is situated at 17.5 mm from the extremity of the butt cap. And you can be sure that you will never ever see a racquet with balance point situated at only 17.5mm from the estremity of its butt cap.

Perhaps that they wanted to mean that the balance point is situated at 17.5mm from the middle of the racquet, which seems credible, but once again, it is not the way to indicate a balance point when mm are used as the measure unit.

That is how every manufacturer list their blance points, it is like an industry standard.