PDA

View Full Version : Okay im going to demo 3 rackets, please help

ttwarrior1
02-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Im sure you've read my posts before.

I want to demo a racket where i have to generate my own power and the racket be heavy.

2. a good drop shot spin racket.

3. an expensive racket to show off that i might use i a double tourney. We have this thing where i live where people like showing off expensive rackets. They would trip out if i told them i bought a new racket.

right now on my list of possibilities is the blaze hammer, 200g xl

jamauss
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Yonex RDS 001? It's flashy, good at net, "players" racquet, and fairly heavy according to todays standards. It's not real expensive though, about $175.

Marius_Hancu
02-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Volkl 10 V-Engine Mid, Wilson 6.1 95, and indeed the RDS001 would make me curious

FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

The 95 is stiff, though. Perhaps 6.1 90 might be better. RDS001 seems less stiff and it's the competition.

pached
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I've read a few of your other posts and from what I can see, you want a racquet for slicing with good control, have a Prince TT Warrior OS, and a budget capped at around $80. Why not just get the midplus version of your TT? It fits your budget and the open string pattern is good for control and spinning. It's also about the same weight (a little bit heavier), but will feel more substantial because of the smaller frame size.

I question your choice of racquet buying solely based on it's ability to hit high spin drop shots considering that you seem to be a counter puncher that likes hitting high power winners a lot. Think about what you need to improve your game. Hope this helps.

ttwarrior1
02-28-2006, 08:30 PM
i dont want a players racket, im an advanced player but have trouble with slow shots since im so strong

ttwarrior1
02-28-2006, 08:33 PM
no im not a counter puncher, i pretty much go for winners always until i hit them out , get frustrated and then start doing drop shots out of desperation. When i say i hit hard i mean real hard with no effort.

after looking that rds does look good .

Any big guys on tour that use great control rackets. Have no idea what to get so i thought maybe get 3 diff kind to try

TTHornetOS
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
if youre an advanced player then you should be able to create enough topspin so that the ball stays in the court since youre so strong:confused:

jamauss
02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah that bit about being "so strong" sounds kinda out of place man. Ever heard of topspin? I mean...I'm sure if you've got wrists of steel you could easily put some massive spin on the ball to keep it in.

ttwarrior1
02-28-2006, 11:34 PM
um i never said nothing like that. I dont use spin on winners.

bluegrasser
03-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Old = Prestige (any ) 200 mfil, 200 G

New= Dnx 10, N code 90/95

ttwarrior1
03-01-2006, 11:03 AM
yeah the 200g is one i will demo or should i do the 200xl?

I will demo the NCode also.

Not sure why but i dont see too many on here with the mfil

pached
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
i dont want a players racket, im an advanced player but have trouble with slow shots since im so strong

What you say is contradictory. You say you're an advanced player that wants a racquet for control, yet you don't want a player's racquet, which would be ideal for what you want. An advanced player would know about racquets and this sort of thing. Don't overrate yourself because you're just cheating yourself out of good advice.

no im not a counter puncher, i pretty much go for winners always until i hit them out , get frustrated and then start doing drop shots out of desperation. When i say i hit hard i mean real hard with no effort.

If you really consider yourself an advanced player, then I would highly suggest rethinking your game and relearn fundamental technique. If you're just going to whack at balls with full power without spin or effort as your best shot, it's no suprise that you can't keep your "winners" in. Before worrying about a new racquet, work on your game. From what I've heard, I doubt that you would be able to sustain any sort of rally beyond 2 hits. You sound like a beginner with a swelled ego. Like I said before, you should relearn the fundamentals and change your style of play because I can tell you right now that it doesn't work.

In regards to getting a new racquet, I still think that the midplus version of your TT Warrior would be worth a demo.

edit:
Here's a link to a thread for customizing TT Warriors with lead tape and such. It might be worth a look, especially on a low budget.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=48051&highlight=customizing

ttwarrior1
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
2 rallies, lmao. ive done rallies for 15 minutes

ttwarrior1
03-01-2006, 07:17 PM
im not a rich punk tennis player. yes 99 percent of the tennis players here are millionaires. I had to beg one time for a 20 dolllar entry fee.

ttwarrior1
03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
im not a rich punk tennis player. yes 99 percent of the tennis players where i live are millionaires. I had to beg one time for a 20 dolllar entry fee.

ttwarrior1
03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
oops i hit back button

pached
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
im not a rich punk tennis player. yes 99 percent of the tennis players where i live are millionaires. I had to beg one time for a 20 dolllar entry fee.

TTwarrior I never called you a rich punk tennis player. I merely suggested that you try the midplus version of the TTWarrior. If $70 constitutes being a rich punk tennis player, then every committed tennis player is a rich punk. Not being able to afford a $70 racquet is really going to limit you in your options, but being able to afford a pricier racquet certainly doesn't mean that that person is a rich punk. If this is such an issue, then maybe you should save up money before thinking about a new racquet. Save up $200 and your racquet options will increase tenfold. But until then, keep practicing with what you've got now. It's pretty clear that you have some flaws in your game (everyone does) that could definitely use some working on.

Just keep in mind that the racquet doesn't make the player.

edit:
Just wanted to add that you should also do a little bit of research on racquets if you're going to get one. Based on the things you've said before, it's pretty clear that your knowledge on racquets is pretty limited. Just check out the TW learning center and do a bit of research. If you do this, you should be able to make some educated decisions because you know what you need better than anyone here.

str33t
03-01-2006, 08:27 PM
try out the head lm prestige mid or midplus. nice lookin racquet too ;)

ttwarrior1
03-02-2006, 02:16 PM
ive looked, im getting mixed answers on whether i should get a heavy racket.

im 99 percent sure i dont need a 110. Ive never used a 95 in my life ever. I can bench press 400 and i weigh over 300 . I cant practice since its 10 degrees and no indoor courts.

I cant demo a racket and put lead tape on it can i?

pached
03-02-2006, 04:05 PM
If you get a 95 sq inch head, it WILL be heavier than what you're used to and most likely be head light. Just demo a few and pick the one you like best.

ace of spades
03-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I can bench press 400 and i weigh over 300 .

What are you?! Why dont you go play football or something.
Nobody of ur size ever plays tennis.

Also you should get a 12oz+ racket with tensions in the high 60's to keep your balls in, if you really bench 400, then you will have no problem wielding a plus 12oz racket. (btw how old are you)

edit: he benches more than 40

ttwarrior1
03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
i liked that answer, i do believe i need a 95 and heavier. What are wal mart rackets strung at?

badmice2
03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
i say if you want class against the rich folks, get the Head Prestige Classic Mid (PC600, PC Classic, made in Austria)...that is of course...if you can still find it. Why? Is one of the old, classic rackets and most demanded racket in the tennis community, the rep with this stick is so well known and so well appreciated, and it's stick that demands a lot from a overhitting player...more reason to call out these chumps who has to rely on new tech to keep their game up. All these punk rich folks will feel the presence of greatness (same as if you showing up with PS 6.0 St. Vincent).

pached
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
i liked that answer, i do believe i need a 95 and heavier. What are wal mart rackets strung at?

95 doesn't mean the weight of the racquet.. it's the size of the head in square inches. Also, WalMart doesn't have their own line of tennis racquets. They sell mainly Wilson recreational racquets that are less than $50 for the most part. These racquets aren't meant for competitive play, so I can't see how you're an "advanced player" and get results using such a racquet.

Pre-strung racquets are usually strung at the middle of the tension range recommended for that racquet (which can be found right above the handle on the inside part of the frame). Depending on the size of your Walmart racquet, the tension will probably be in the middle of your racquet's range, but the strings will have inevitably gotten quite loose if you've been using it for a long time and have never gotten it restrung. If you want to get your TTWarrior restrung or get a new racquet strung, it would probably be better for you to string it closer to the higher end of the tension range for your racquet because a lower tension will give you more power (which you don't need from what you say) and a higher tension will give you more control (which is what you want).

Hope this helps.

ttwarrior1
03-04-2006, 11:54 AM
um yeah i know what 95 means. I never said wal mart has their own brand, duh. Im broke and steal for food sometimes. If i try hard , i might be able to get 80 bucks by august