PDA

View Full Version : Whats With You Guys???

cane_tennis
02-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I am a national player and all I hear about is all these new racquets...Thats all good but I went back a few years well more like 20 years and discovered the PRINCE ORIGINAL GRAPHITE 93'' and I think it is the best thing ever!!!! Is anyone with me????

El Diablo
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
How do you mean "what's with (us) guys?" Are we fools for not using the same racquet as you? That explains why I'm not a "national player." And what exactly is a "national player?"

Kaptain Karl
02-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I've never EVER liked a single Prince I've hit with.

- KK

tennisnj
02-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I've NEVER liked a Wilson I've ever hit with. So once again, for the umpteenth time, what one person uses may not be right for someone else.

Kaptain Karl
02-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Bingo!

- KK

Cruzer
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I hit with a POG after reading how tremendous a racquet it was on these boards and was unimpressed. That is why there is the selection of racquets there is today. Everyone has different tastes.

jamauss
02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
I've played with the chang graphite midplus for the last 7 years. (similar to the POG) It's "good" but not the best racquet out there - which is why I'm about to change racquets to something like the LM or FP Prestige or Yonex RDS 001.

tennisnj
02-28-2006, 05:19 PM
One can be a "national" player with a wooden racquet, a Wilson Cosmo Super OS (or whatever it's called lol), a 6.0 85, a Prince TT Bandit or any myriad of racquet choices. It's what the player does with that racquet which matters the most. How else can I explain that when I beat my friend who is @ the same level as me (5.0-5.5), that it's not the racquet? He uses a 6.0 85 & is much stronger then me in almost all assets of the game, & I use a Volkl DNX V1 OS, yet I win most of the matchups. It ain't the racquet I'll tell you that much.

louis netman
02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I am a national player and all I hear about is all these new racquets...Thats all good but I went back a few years well more like 20 years and discovered the PRINCE ORIGINAL GRAPHITE 93'' and I think it is the best thing ever!!!! Is anyone with me????

Some women refer to me as an "international player." I've played the game on five continents...

anirut
02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey, Cane:

If I change to a POG Mid, will I become a national-level player? It's the player, man, not the stick.

Now, have your ever played with other rackets from the POG era? If not, find them & play them. You may change your mind that the POG may not be the best. C'mon, one man's meat is another man's poison.

The best racket(s) ever are the wooden Jack Kramers & the Maxply Fort. Period. (Of course, and a few more from that era). Have you ever played with wood?

I'm not trying to bash the OP, but just to give him a broader view of tennis equipment. Anyone with me?

gshaffer23
02-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Some women refer to me as an "international player." I've played the game on five continents...

You are than man! lol :cool:

bismark
02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm the number one national player in Outer Mongolia and I think your racquet is overrated.

splink779
02-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Well that should be enough to sufficiently scare off the OP

BreakPoint
02-28-2006, 09:13 PM
I think many people here that have been playing tennis for decades and have a lot of experience with tennis racquets over the years realize that quite often the older racquets are just plain better than most newer racquets, even if the older racquets no longer work for their own games.

snoflewis
02-28-2006, 09:22 PM
i tried the POG MP, diablo MP and didnt like either of them. i actually liked the 03 tour though. like they all say, "different strokes for different folks"

cane_tennis
03-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey im not trying to say that Im better than anyone or that you should play with my racquet...Im wondering if anyone else likes the same racquet as me...I would also like some advise on a racquet like it because I am looking to switch...

pinky42
03-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Not even Albert?

I've NEVER liked a Wilson I've ever hit with.

Not even Woodrow?

I've hit with both and they are fine gentlemen. :) You guys need to learn to be more friendly.

As for the OP, if you've found a frame that works for you, more power to you. And if you really like them, consider getting spares.

VGP
03-01-2006, 09:07 AM
cane_tennis - if you search for "POG" you'll find a post or two....

loubapache
03-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Give the OP a break. He is new to the forum and probably has played some national tournaments. He stated his preference and got … .

Bora
03-01-2006, 09:16 AM

I am wanted in several star systems, would that count for something?

<nerd out>

Marius_Hancu
03-01-2006, 09:21 AM
You might want to have a look at Volkl 10 V-Engine Mid or Yonex RDS001

FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

vkartikv
03-01-2006, 09:23 AM

hey, what kind of player are you talking about?!!! May be we should call you big daddy cool.

El Diablo
03-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Looking to switch??? From "the best thing ever."

Kaptain Karl
03-01-2006, 10:33 AM
He's confused.

- KK

tennis_nerd22
03-01-2006, 12:36 PM

- KK

me neither... PROPS MAN :cool: LOL

He's confused.

to be honest, im confused now too... :| like why would you want to switch from something thats "the best thing ever". like either he realized he said something he shouldnt have in his first post and is now trying to cover for it OR he meant something else but didnt say it properly. could be either, but i know i did that my first couple of posts too

so i think we should all just get off his case now

Skppr05
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM

- KK
I believe that true with only 2 exceptions...O3 white and the O3 tour

BreakPoint
03-01-2006, 02:07 PM

- KK

Me neither, except for the POG Mid.

vkartikv
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I think what prince racquets lack is feel. The diablo mid is probably the best one out there today..

anirut
03-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Dunno about Prince rackets. I had one, the DB26, and it broke while hung on the wall. I don't rule out that Prince is bad though.

But, yes, I too think the OP is confused... POG mid - best ever - and looking to change.

Cane, take Marius's advice, also try the 6.0 85 and any mid you can get your hand on, i.e. if you like mid-size rackets.

tofer_million
03-02-2006, 10:04 AM
me neither... PROPS MAN :cool: LOL

to be honest, im confused now too... :| like why would you want to switch from something thats "the best thing ever". like either he realized he said something he shouldnt have in his first post and is now trying to cover for it OR he meant something else but didnt say it properly. could be either, but i know i did that my first couple of posts too

so i think we should all just get off his case now
yeah... thats sounds good.
I personally like the pog. Its a good racquet which is probably why its been around for ever. Also, it must be a pretty good racquet seeing that cane is an amazing player who can kick but at his age group and the one above him. So it again, it must be a pretty good racquet. YOu have to be pretty skilled to use it. He is probably looking for something better because he is really good and needs something that will imporve with him.

armand
03-02-2006, 10:29 AM
to be honest, im confused now too... :| like why would you want to switch from something thats "the best thing ever". like either he realized he said something he shouldnt have in his first post and is now trying to cover for it OR he meant something else but didnt say it properly. could be either, but i know i did that my first couple of posts tooDon't most of us know what he's thinking? Come on, it's one of the main reasons this board is so popular!
We find a great racquet and we fall in love with it and think it's the 'greatest thing ever'. But then after a time we become disechanted and begin wondering about what else is out there.
It's one of the things that makes tennis so fun.
What's with you guys?

Honestlybad
03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Don't most of us know what he's thinking? Come on, it's one of the main reasons this board is so popular!
We find a great racquet and we fall in love with it and think it's the 'greatest thing ever'. But then after a time we become disechanted and begin wondering about what else is out there.
It's one of the things that makes tennis so fun.
What's with you guys?

Just like love....

arnz
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM

LOUIS you PLAYAH!!!

Seriously, stop watching too many James Bond movies, and your parents want me to tell you to get a job and move out of their house :mrgreen: