PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware!!!

hotdimsim
02-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone,

i was on E B A Y today (aussie site) and found this apd for sale. very good fake paintjob but what gives it away are the specs that he took photos of. CLEARLY wrong. just thought you guys should have a look and look out for this seller, even if hes tryin to offload his fake racket that he inadvertantly bought.

i was actually scared that the apd i got from Hong Kong was a very good fake (im a little pedantic) but after seeing those pics, pics on this board, and pics of real apd's, i know mine is a genuine. ill post pics later when i get my digital camera back if ne one wants to have a look at mine, but heres the link to the E B A Y shoppy thingy.

http://cgi.*********.au/Babolat-AeroPro-Drive-Tennis-Racquet-Racket-RRP319_W0QQitemZ7222885279QQcategoryZ20871QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

hotdimsim
02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
that link wont work, so got the the aussie E B A Y site (ie: .com.au) and do a search for babolat. the seller is westbeach06 from adelaide

Alexandros
02-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually, the seller is sikbizman from Adelaide. westbeach06 is the unfortunate highest bidder.

Here's a working link:

http://tinyurl.com/l5pl8

tennisadict
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM
hmmm i dont know, looks good 4 me

hotdimsim
03-01-2006, 12:18 AM
thanx alexandros so no one accidentally started rubbishing the guy i listed as tge seller. soz for ne confusion.

To tennisaddict, have a look at some close ups of a real apd's specs.
that racket lists the recommended tension as 48-55 lbs, 22-25kg's (actually 55-62, 25-28)
where it says "optimal performance" the grip type is correct (syntec) yet the actual recommended strings are xcel premium and pro hurricane.
that racket lists the balance and headsize correct, but the actual weight is 10.6lbs not 10.7. small difference i know but its there.
also the hologram sticker appears to have been moved to cover something up (see how theres a little sort of "rising" in it, it doesnt sit flat, as if its been taken off a real racket and placed there)
also see how theres no pics of the woofer system, mayb its not there ;)
mayb its an old model, cus mines the 05 model, it has the little "a" above the handel, but i just cant seem to imagine there would be that fluctuation in specs

what also makes me suspicious is that he only accepts direct bank deposit, not paypal, so he can just dissapear w/ your green.

Marius_Hancu
03-01-2006, 01:27 AM
post the auction ID number when reporting such cases

hotdimsim
03-01-2006, 02:07 AM
k heres the item no.

Richie Rich
03-01-2006, 03:09 AM
There should also be a yellow "a" on the throat right after the grip ends. i can send you a pick if you want.

the one hotdimsim posted about is fake.

Askmeo88
03-01-2006, 03:53 AM
Often Aeropro fakes have a yellow/black clone of the Pure series case, instead of the leathery black ones they're supposed to have.