PDA

View Full Version : volkl tour 10 gen 2 xtended

nagaul
03-01-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi, first post so go easy on me. Ok i'm currently using tour 10 generation 2's, i'm thinking of extending them by 1/4 inch, i read a thread not so long ago, some guy extended his dnx 8's. I was wondering if any body had done this with the 10's and with what results?
I swithched to the 10's from the tour 8's and i wanted to try and create some of that extra pop and spin potential, I thought this might be the way to go. I've recently been experementing with the dnx 8 extended 27.6" and although nice power, depth and spin potential it just dosen't have the supreme feel and comfort of the 10's and the 69 flex does worry me for the long term. (if only they'd make the 8's with a thinner beam and lower flex i'd be in heaven) Anyway if anybody could offer some advice.

vin
03-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Extending the length of the T10 G2 will decrease the spin potential because it will increase the swingweight and make it harder to move the racket head up against the ball. It will also make the racket harder to swing in gereral. If you can handle that, you might see the power increase you're looking for.

despite the 69 flex of the DNX 8, it's still a very comfortable racket, although I've only hit with the standard length version.

oti
03-01-2006, 06:12 AM
nagaul...i'm with you......i've been looking for a supreme players type of stick...with a little extra length(just a 1/4 will do).....i'm just about to give up and customize also....let us know how you do!

NoBadMojo
03-01-2006, 09:11 AM
If you have room to choke down on the grip an extra 1/4" do that..unless your little finger is off the butt end of the racquet you should be able to hit that way and get a feel for what the extra 1/4" is going to do which isnt much