PDA

View Full Version : PK Heritage Type C mid v. Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine mid v. iPrestige mid

10nisNe1?
03-01-2006, 08:13 PM
ok guys, i have been using the PK type C mid and quite happy with it except that after a hard 2-setter, my arm feels sore. if i have to play for the third set, my serves become less powerful and i feel fatigued overall. so i have been looking for a racquet with the same specs but swings lighter and i have narrowed it to these two:

Volkl tour 10 V-engine mid -- is it too flexible? i love the stiffer feel of the PK type C eventhough its suppose to have a 60 flex. does this volkl feel stiffer than the 60 mentioned in the TW website?

iPrestige mid -- i've read that this is the stiffest prestige mid of all, is this true? how is the "feel" though? the PK type C doesn't feel tinny or hollow. is the iPrestige stiffer than the 60 rating?

basically, im looking for the stiffest 93 sq. inch with an 18 main string pattern and a swingweight lower than my PK type C (330 sw).

p.s. if some one can compare the yonex ti-70 88 sq. inch with these racquets, i'd be much obliged. thanks!

Keifers
03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I just acquired an i.Prestige Mid. Don't have a lot of court time with it yet, but it could fit your requirements quite nicely. Very solid on impact -- and sweet. Definitely swings a little easier than the Heritage C 93.

I don't know the Tour 10 VE Mid. You could probably demo one from TW fairly easily?

Deuce
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I like the iPrestige Mid. It is a solid racquet with good feel. It's 'stiffness' is the same type of stiffness as the PS 6.0 85 - and the two racquets do have a very similar feel.

The Tour 10 V-Engine Mid I liked considerably less. To me, it was simply a very average frame. Not as solid as the iPrestige - the V-Engine Mid had a 'cheaper' feel to it.

10nisNe1?
03-02-2006, 07:57 AM
thank you, thank you. time to look around for an iPrestige mid, i guess.

Deuce
03-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately, Tour 10 V-Engine Mids are much easier to find than are iPrestige Mids.

BreakPoint
03-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Have you tried the new PK Type C Redondo? It's lighter and more headlight than the Heritage Type C, so it's has a lower swingweight (320 vs. 330), but still maintains the 93 sq. in. head and 18x20 string pattern.

Here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPK-KTCR.html

BTW, I think the Volkl T10 VE Mid will likely feel too flexible and flimsy to you compared to your Type C.

southpaw
03-04-2006, 02:09 PM
10nisNe1,

How about the new flexpoint Prestige? Should be available shortly and its specs are a good match.

LN_Dad
03-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Just recently bought a Tour 10 V-Engine MP and found that it's a great racket for groundstrokes and volleys, plenty of power and accurate placements. The only complaint I have is that I can't get the same pop on the first serve like I can with the NSix-One 95 I used before. May be the balance is different.