PDA

View Full Version : Searching the Indestructible Racquet!!!

the_big_one
03-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone, I've been looking over TW forum to find the perfect racquet. But I need personal experience of player who has been broking racquet over years. Here is my problem: I had 6 Dunlop 300g HM, to do competition in college. And they all broke after only 3 to 4 re-stringing each (one of them broke at the first stringing- imagine:eek: ). And now I'm searching for a similar racquet who's been known for it's legendary resistance to high impact :D . I love the feel of "Graphite" but I'm ready to hit with some metal frame (like Head's one), what do you suggest.

P.S.: I break racquet on overhead shot (serve) when I hit the ball with the upper hoop. Dunlop only accepted to replace 2 of them, even with it low price it begin to cost a lot in frames! :p

ace of spades
03-02-2006, 08:28 AM
n6.1 90 and 95 are really strong. One of them slipped out of my hand on 5 different serves and survived when hitting the ground with a huge force. But then it broke on the 6th.

Richie Rich
03-02-2006, 10:00 AM
the most indestructable frame i have ever come across - the old dunlop max 200g. the original version. i think it was a solid racquet (not hollow like todays racquets). that thing could be thrown, tossed, bounced, slammed, and never break, at least that's what i remeber from my junior days :)

alfa164164
03-02-2006, 10:38 AM
The Kneissl White Star Big from the 80s was almost indestructible.
I finally had to take it to the band saw to finish it off.

ask1ed
03-02-2006, 10:45 AM
The yamaha secret o4, pure graphite, thick double walled construction, heavy frame 12+oz, lots of power and feel, esp if strung with alu power or bb.

vkartikv
gamma big bubba

ask1ed
The yamaha secret o4, and 06, pure graphite, thick double walled construction, heavy frame 12+oz, lots of power and feel, esp if strung with alu power or bb.

DragonFly
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
the most indestructable frame i have ever come across - the old dunlop max 200g. the original version. i think it was a solid racquet (not hollow like todays racquets). that thing could be thrown, tossed, bounced, slammed, and never break, at least that's what i remeber from my junior days :)

Hmmm, i read somewhere that not cutting off the strings when putting into storage bend the frame wickedly though. Max 200g looks pretty tough too, i like those solid colors.

dennis1188
03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
My Kneissl white star rackets (2no.s) lasted approx. 2yrs. each. Both broke same place at the hoop/shaft in '80s.(66lbs w/vs gut 15g). My adidas gtx version of the same racket (slightly heavier) remain unbroken to this day.

gonzalocatalino
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone, I've been looking over TW forum to find the perfect racquet. But I need personal experience of player who has been broking racquet over years. Here is my problem: I had 6 Dunlop 300g HM, to do competition in college. And they all broke after only 3 to 4 re-stringing each (one of them broke at the first stringing- imagine:eek: ). And now I'm searching for a similar racquet who's been known for it's legendary resistance to high impact :D . I love the feel of "Graphite" but I'm ready to hit with some metal frame (like Head's one), what do you suggest.

P.S.: I break racquet on overhead shot (serve) when I hit the ball with the upper hoop. Dunlop only accepted to replace 2 of them, even with it low price it begin to cost a lot in frames!

men! you`re a "racquet killer"!!!!
try with the wilson T2000 :mrgreen:

the_big_one
03-03-2006, 04:05 AM
men! you`re a "racquet killer"!!!!
try with the wilson T2000 :mrgreen:

Men! that sound great ("racquet killer") I take it!

Thanks everyone, your choices are great but your all refering to old vintage racquet such as the T2000 (I known it won't break, it's made out steel). I looking for a more actual frame. For the one who talk about kneissl racquet, it been a while that I saw one at my training center even with 60 years old players.

If there anyone that would want to sell one of is "dense slim beam graphite raquet" such as a old proKennex or a old wilson, I would buy it any price less 100 us.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :

bismark
03-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Here is my problem: I had 6 Dunlop 300g HM, to do competition in college. And they all broke after only 3 to 4 re-stringing each (one of them broke at the first stringing- imagine:eek: )
Most racquets are usually not THAT fragile, unless you smash it hard on the ground. Could it be the way your stringer strings your racquets? Or your stringing method is wrong, if you string it yourself? For example, some Yonex racquets will fracture when strung the wrong way or pattern. Consider these possibilities. Good luck.

Thaychua
03-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Try the Prince Original Graphite(POG) Mid...that thing is built like a tank and is 100% graphite..

rocket
03-03-2006, 06:56 AM
Try the Prince Original Graphite(POG) Mid...that thing is built like a tank and is 100% graphite..

I concur, the POG mid is rock-solid!

joe sch
03-03-2006, 06:59 AM
All the early graphite rackets were made much better than todays models. They had more graphite layers in the frame rather than hardened shells like todays frames. None were solid, they all were mostly vacuum interiors except the max 200g was unique since dunlop filled the interior with a "graphite injection" filler which gave the racket dynamic stiffness and dampening capabilities unlike any other racket so they played much like the wood rackets but with graphite power. I have lots of extra old school graphite rackets and the POGs, Kneissl, Adidas, Prince rackets were all excellent. Many old power players loved the wilson ultra II since it was made like a rock and had unbelievable power. They are pretty hard to be found for less than $100.

Mick
03-25-2008, 04:50 PM

It is the most powerful racquet I have ever used. The guy at the tennis shop weighted it and said it was 14.4 oz

http://i31.tinypic.com/dd2khw.jpg

saram
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
There is something seriously wrong here...sticks breaking all the time? Something is totally fowl....:)

iplaybetter
03-25-2008, 05:11 PM
i dont break frames, but i am really hard on my 335 and its stood up great

Tennisguy777
03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/dd2khw.jpg

That right there is a club, a bat.

____
03-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Andamantium frame?

cyberg
03-26-2008, 03:51 AM
I have a bad habit of bouncing the racquet on the top of the frame after losing a long rally and have done so since I was a kid. I don't through the racquet but swind/drop it hard enough to the ground so that it bounces up again after the top of the racquet hittings the ground. With my old Wilsons (both PS85 and PSC) this has worked just fine, but the first time I did it with a Babolat Pure Storm Team it cracked...This was a used racquet and I don't know how the former owner treated it, but I was really puzzled when it happened...