PDA

View Full Version : Racquet for newbie

luckyone
03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I've seen lots of great info on here. My question is I've been looking for a new racquet for a month or so, just getting back into the sport. I was never a big player but had fun with friends and so forth. I'm not sure on my swing type, but loved playing at the net and I don't get any spin on the ball(yet). I'd like to buy a racquet I can grow into as I'm very athletic and get very competitve when I'm involved in something. The racquets I've seen are the Head LM radical,Head Int. Rad,Prince ttbandit,more control,more s attack and Wilson H6. I've seen all of these at discounted prices vs. the new models. My question is I know everyone says these are not for begginers but when I tried a lite begginers racquet it felt horrible. So with the desire can I grow into these or am I going to stuggle because there are more difficult to hit? Any other ideas would be great!

Thanx for any info,

Luckyone

sexmachine
03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
u could try the head siT4, i started with that one, it's a nice forgiving solid racquet, it's reasonably priced 2....

Marius_Hancu
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Shinichi
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Try the oversize racquet , since u are a newbie, because you will have more control, plus , you won't have to use much power.
I prefer a light racquet for you, try some racquet that's about 10 oz .

sexmachine
03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
like i said all covered by the tiS4, 105 sized head, easy to manage, i'm not long in the game myself so this is an honest reply, i'm now playing with the Babolat Ns Drive, very powerful, has good control also has a 105 headsize quite stiff though.....

pached
03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe the Head Flexpoint 6 OS?