PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive and Aero Pure Drive

tennisbug
03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
please can somebody who has used both rackets tell me if there is any distinctive difference between the two? besides, when the TW says that the stiffness of APD is 67, which is softer than PD, however, when checking one of the British websites, it says that the APD is stiffer than PD. now which tells the truth? thanks everyone!

A_Instead
03-02-2006, 07:19 PM
TennisBug,
I have both. The APD has more feel and more spin and more control. Its does swing easier than the Pro Drive as tests indicated. At this time I am using the PD since I am used to it more then the APD but hope to make the switch this spring. They are close, but have their own identity.

oscar_2424
03-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I like the PD better in every aspect

rj_md
03-02-2006, 08:29 PM
apd for me, helped my game a lot. i also had your problem (i mean choosing from the 2) so i asked around and tried the racquets. i switched from a wilson n6.1 90 just a few weeks ago, but then they do say the n6.1 90 IS more challenging to play with.
all in all, i'd suggest you demo both. it'll boils down to how they would feel on court. remember it's all about what works for you.;)

Bottle Rocket
03-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I thought they were totally different.

I thought the APD had no feel. It felt like a board even with synthetic gut strings (compared to my racket at the time with Luxilon). I had a hard time producing any good shots off it, I just had a really bad experience with it. It felt extremely light too. I'll add that the person I was playing with that day absolutely loved it.

The Pure Drive is obviously a stiff racket, definitely stiffer than the APD. I really liked it, but I was having a hard time controlling my shots. Spin is great and so are serves. Swinging it just didn't sound totally natural to me. It's a very powerful racket, but a good solid shot really feels great.

Moral of the story is you have to demo them and see for yourself.

fishuuuuu
03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I prefer the Pure Drive.

AndrewD
03-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Either racquet is stiff and noticably so. I'd agree that the APD seemed easier to generate spin with although I felt the PD produced a more solid shot (Im only talking about the standard length frames). I could generate better angles and racquet head speed with the APD but drives were better with the PD.
Neither one has much in the way of 'touch' although, choosing between them, I'd pick the PD over the APD up at net. If I had to hit a shot with a slow or more measured swing (most noticable on the slice backhand approach) the APD gave me little to nothing in the way of feel for the ball (it seemed to get too far ahead of me) whereas the PD seemed to perform significantly better. I think, with the APD, you have to swing fast on all shots but don't think that's true with the PD.

Overall, I'd choose the PD although I think the Storm does a better all-around job and has the 'touch' and comfort that both the APD and PD lack.