PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Max 200g McEnroe's

yip kok kuin
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I have different version of this racket.Namely the usual

a. matt black with 2 green strips (with or without the word 'pro' on it)
b. matt light green
c. gross purple (Steffi Graffi)
d. gross black

Someone recently pointed out to me that Dunlop never made the gross black version so it must be a 'fake'. Anyone out there know something about it?

ps: I took all four racket out and compared the side profie. They are identical in terms of the dimension and the location of all holes, gommets.

theJuniorACE
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
that gross black mite be the Black Max
it was a very flexy racquet often called the dunlop solution to the PS 6.0 85

yip kok kuin
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
that gross black mite be the Black Max
it was a very flexy racquet often called the dunlop solution to the PS 6.0 85
Sorry, I am talking about max200g Not black max. I have 2 new black max so I know the differences. Thank you.

christopher mac
03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
The flat finish on the max 200g would become shiny where it was touched alot -like just above the handle. Some (myself included) figured out that you could polish the whole frame (easier without strings) with super fine automotive wax and make it shine the same all over. Someone may have done that to the one you have.

Azzurri
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Yip,
Its best to post a picture of the racquet in question. It would be easier for people to understand you. I have seen and held the racquet you have, but based on youre message, I have no clue as to which racquet you speak of.
I am waiting for a reply contact from a Dunlop Rep. When she contacts me, I will send a picture and go from there.

Azzurri
03-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Yip...here some info

http://www.woodtennis.com/McEnroe/