PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hammer 6.4 = What in todays raccquets?

chandler71
03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I used to play tennis 2-3 times a week about 3 years ago. I bought a Wislon Hammer 6.4 . I was thinking of buying a new racquet now that I am starting back. I want something that I can grow into. I was around a 3.5 or so rating when I was playing. I was thinking of a Babolat version of Aeropro drive, or Pure Drive. Are these to much racquet for someone of my level? Any help would be appreciated.... also how does a Hammer 6.4 rate... is it a beginner racquet or a tweener or what thanks.....

Chris

tennissavy
03-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I used to play tennis 2-3 times a week about 3 years ago. I bought a Wislon Hammer 6.4 . I was thinking of buying a new racquet now that I am starting back. I want something that I can grow into. I was around a 3.5 or so rating when I was playing. I was thinking of a Babolat version of Aeropro drive, or Pure Drive. Are these to much racquet for someone of my level? Any help would be appreciated.... also how does a Hammer 6.4 rate... is it a beginner racquet or a tweener or what thanks.....

Chris
Well, Chris I don't know why you would want to change racquets. Serena Williams used a customized 6.4 oversize with powerholes to win all except her last grand slam title. I love the racquet. It is very forgiving and plays great.

Andy Zarzuela
03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, Chris I don't know why you would want to change racquets. Serena Williams used a customized 6.4 oversize with powerholes to win all except her last grand slam title. I love the racquet. It is very forgiving and plays great.

I played with my dad's n4 OS racquet for kicks. I played with a 6.4 Powerholes OS, racquet for a short while back in the day, the n4 is very powerful, but it really can open up the court for you. The string pattern is a little less dense, but it provides a lot of spin. I actually played a couple matches with it. I hit a 120 mph serve with this racquet (my average fast serve with my current racquet is about 110-115). I found myselve hitting winners all over the place, I had to brush up on the ball more than usual. But I decided to stick my current racquets for little bit more control. Great stick, especially if you can hit enough top spin, but I don't hit much topspin at all, I hit the ball too flat and hard for an OS.